Abbreviations

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I guess I'm very traditional (old fashioned) ok just old :D and I see more and more abbreviations for words everywhere, I've only recently sussed out LOL and that can mean so many things.. :whistle:
Are we going to need a dictionary for all these abbreviations soon :D
I'm lost with most of them and find myself googling most of them..
Do you find this new era of chat frustrating? ;)

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I guess I'm very traditional (old fashioned) ok just old :D and I see more and more abbreviations for words everywhere, I've only recently sussed out LOL and that can mean so many things.. :whistle:

Yes and no. I've nothing against using abbreviations when approprriate, and some I do need to lookup. My rant is people who insist on using text speak, and/or lots of abbreviations in a single message. If you can be arsed using English then I can't be arsed trying to decipher your infantile crap. Rant over.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Yes and no. I've nothing against using abbreviations when approprriate, and some I do need to lookup. My rant is people who insist on using text speak, and/or lots of abbreviations in a single message. If you can be arsed using English then I can't be arsed trying to decipher your infantile crap. Rant over.
This is what I mean I guess, text speak, I went through our sons phone (we do regular) I couldn't work out what the hell he was on about :rofl:

4 January 2018
City
Doncaster
Well you cant beat the old english language but the i see the new abbreviations some what funny and one way of cutting of a chat if you dont want to talk to someone :whistle:

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
I hate text speak, especially since I remember the dark days of 140 character text messages when 2 rather than too and h8 rather than hate was essential but it's not now so people stop using them.

On a side note Apple and Google both your autocorrect/predictive text systems are pretty bad.

24 November 2015
I looked at my daughters phone the ither day and i thought what the hell
Wub=where you been
Mmas= meet me at shop
Fgfaw=fancy going for a walk
Dont think i could cope writing it never mind deciphering ut

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I looked at my daughters phone the ither day and i thought what the hell
Wub=where you been
Mmas= meet me at shop
Fgfaw=fancy going for a walk
Dont think i could cope writing it never mind deciphering ut
That's what I was reading but couldn't work it out :rofl: and Wbu?

Reactions: Therapon

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
This is what I mean I guess, text speak, I went through our sons phone (we do regular) I couldn't work out what the hell he was on about :rofl:

I know what you mean. I have had a few messages from someone which just said "Ring me". I don't respond to demands so I just ignore them until I get a Please. The point I'm trying to make is that overuse of abbreviations is simply a lazy way of replying and comes across as I can't be really bothered making the effort to chat to you. It's not for me but I am an antique.

Reactions: Baldrick
9 September 2017
I think I'm genetically incapable of using text speak.
I've tried but my fingers won't cooperate.

Antogs xx

Reactions: Pearls
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I think the Teenagers have a code book they use to decipher it all IMHO :D

X

Yeah I'm down with the youth :cool:

10 July 2018
Hell, I use semi-colons in text messages! I’m hardly going to welcome abbreviations, unless absolutely sensible ones, like ETA, etc.

19 March 2015
CBA... TLDR. ;)

:D ommm xx