Alas Poor Yorick

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
f6a380f58f6634e403db21807b323be3.jpg

To block or not block? If one disagrees with another, should blocking be an option purely based on opines or on reasons of incompatibility.
I've blocked quite a few actually, mainly to prevent them seeing our content. (Lots of enemies, can't think as to why lol)

But what does it take, for you to want to block someone on here for whatever reason(s) you may have?
For me, I have blocked peeps who have been damnright disrespectful to my wife. Some I have ignored. But, she's still my wife. Say some of the things she's dealt with on here, to her in front of me in a pub....enough said.
But online is okay aye?

So ultimately, do peeps block because of indifference or simply not agreeing to disagree, I.E pass each other by with no concern over whom or what?

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
When I joined I made a decision to be fully open and not hide or restrict anything to anyone ,be they a couple ,female or Male , so blocking anyone despite what I feel isn’t going to happen, your never agree with everyone or like everyone so , randomly blocking someone through what they say or how they do this, jealously or any other reason to me works against the ethos of being social...
I don’t mind if I’m ignored ,people can say what they want but they should expect a reply ... Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it !
I have only ever on your advice blocked one person an ex partner of a lady I did chat to and meet before she left the site ... as soon as she made the decision to go I unblocked that person...
Random blocks restrict access to threads can make then disjointed .
I understand it’s different for couples and single women when they get down right disgusting messages that’s fine ,to block persistent idiots who don’t seem to understand how the site or lifestyle works , I obviously know why this thread has been started as I have been blocked which restricts my access to the sites Social events granted organised by a member who took it on himself to take that role and which has now meant to I’ve started another thread gauging interest in socials which in some respects is counter productive for the site as it could cause issues with clashing socials better to have one where all are welcome ...
The upshot is I don’t block for any reason I want to see this site become the success it deserves and all having fun together , we may not all agree or like each other , or Jump into bed with each other .... there’s enough grief in real life to deal with why bring it here !

D

Deleted member 19022

I would try to avoid blocking anyone. If I started to receive hate or insulting messages I would try to find out if I had caused offence or crossed that fine line between flirting and outright rudeness. If I had I would of course apologies. Should the hate mail continue then I would gladly offer to meet the sender in person.
This is meant to be a site for adult swingers, we are all on here to have fun make friends and enjoy each others company. If I was to send a private message to a couple or lady and they politely declined then that's it, over and done with. No grudges and no more contact. I think if you have to resort to intimidating or abusive behaviour because of rejection or jealousy then maybe you are not cut out for this lifestyle and should think about joining a different social site
If you do get annoyed by someone before blocking them try to discuss it, explain what has upset you or your partner. Explain the error of their ways and try to put it behind you. Sometimes people try to hard to get a meet and forget about boundaries. No-one wants to be part of a community but at the same time feel excluded. It will have a knock on effect over time where the excluded person might decide to start another site and people may follow

7 September 2020
I'm a member on another well known site, i have messaged singles and couples after carefully reading their profiles to see what they are and are not looking for, so if the person i'm looking to contact has explicitly stated 'no single males' or nobody over 50 (i'm 52) i wouldn't contavt them , however, when i sent messages out at least 3 maybe 4 of the messages were deleted, i'm not sure if they were read first, i've no way of checking, but, these people are now blocked, if they were so rude to not even acknowledge what i'd sent to them (not a one line of 'hi' or 'fancy a shag' an actual thought out message, then i'm not gonna waste my time trying to contact them again and doubt they would be contacting me, what do you guys think of this approach?

D

Deleted member 19022

I'm a member on another well known site, i have messaged singles and couples after carefully reading their profiles to see what they are and are not looking for, so if the person i'm looking to contact has explicitly stated 'no single males' or nobody over 50 (i'm 52) i wouldn't contavt them , however, when i sent messages out at least 3 maybe 4 of the messages were deleted, i'm not sure if they were read first, i've no way of checking, but, these people are now blocked, if they were so rude to not even acknowledge what i'd sent to them (not a one line of 'hi' or 'fancy a shag' an actual thought out message, then i'm not gonna waste my time trying to contact them again and doubt they would be contacting me, what do you guys think of this approach?
I think i know the site as I'm most probably on it. I gave up messaging as like you say they don't get read or just deleted. Once my membership expires I'll delete my account. I still don't block anyone just won't reply if I get a message from the said people.

24 June 2019
City
Washington
I don’t think we have ever had the need to block anyone on here because if there’s an issue we get it dealt with by admin. Once dealt with we have never had any repeat performances!

I think the whole PV approach on here does help make members accountable resulting in some better interactions and friendlier, more respectful chats. I mean I’m not saying we are not averse to the banter that is part and parcel of being here but there’s levels of it and it’s rare that we get a message that makes us think FFS or that it’s so out of order that we want to reach for a block button!

7 September 2020
I think i know the site as I'm most probably on it. I gave up messaging as like you say they don't get read or just deleted. Once my membership expires I'll delete my account. I still don't block anyone just won't reply if I get a message from the said people.
Yeah PV, i paid £5 the other night for silver, i think i may have just wasted that fiver, very disappointed in it, i on't expect everyone to reply to all my messages with offers of sex tonight, but at least some kind of response, it's very disheartening, it's like a really cliquey 'place' and i'm wondering whether clubs are gonna be the same, is that gonna be a wasted effort too :(

7 September 2020
Yeah PV, i paid £5 the other night for silver, i think i may have just wasted that fiver, very disappointed in it, i on't expect everyone to reply to all my messages with offers of sex tonight, but at least some kind of response, it's very disheartening, it's like a really cliquey 'place' and i'm wondering whether clubs are gonna be the same, is that gonna be a wasted effort too :(
Sorry Kev, i thought it was PV who'd posted that :-/

D

Deleted member 19022

Never experienced a club so can't comment. I think attending a social here and getting to know people first will be more beneficial than hoping to meet someone straight away for sex. From what I'm seeing I think we need to communicate more and let others know that we are not looking for a quick shag it and leg it.

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
It’s not just single men that get treated that way. We have encountered the same on a few other sites. We have contacted other couples and single females, with a well written introduction message. Had plenty of no replies, mainly the single ladies but couples also. Even been blocked by a few. We just move on. Only blocked them when have continued to view our profile after blocking us.

D

Deleted member 19022

It’s not just single men that get treated that way. We have encountered the same on a few other sites. We have contacted other couples and single females, with a well written introduction message. Had plenty of no replies, mainly the single ladies but couples also. Even been blocked by a few. We just move on. Only blocked them when have continued to view our profile after blocking us.
I think it will always happen not matter what site you are on. I think I've just got thick skinned now.

DandDforfun

MOTM

24 August 2019
City
Portsmouth
Maybe i was expecting too much, i (maybe naiively) thought that those (these) sites would be a hotbed of debauchery, since we're (hopefully) all here for the same thing, but it would seem not :(
Well one must ask how quick do you actually want to move - are you being superman or Flash Gordon as it shows you only joined today exactly 2 and 1/2 hrs ago ?

• Haha
Reactions: Colin and MP386