Alexa, cam sniffing and snooping.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
This week, it was reported that Alexa recorded a conversation and sent it to a random person afterwards.
Amazon Alexa recorded owner's conversation and sent to 'random' contact, couple complains
This has been widely publicised as shown above.
Now, consiparacy theorists have also stated clearly that Webcams are watched and used to snoop and sniff-in when not used.
This means plugged in but NOT switched on active.
Unplugged they’re of no use. Plugged in and off, they’re still accessible as they have a MAC address and IP address assigned by the DHCP server, meaning they’re networking.
So the point is, is A.I becoming too much of an actual reality?
Is it happening and are we ready to lose ourselves into the realms of Internet and snoopers?
Unless you’re in total lockdown, your traffic is easily monitored.
Or are you que sera sera about it all and can just say “nothing to hide so nothing to be afraid of”.

We’re definitely being watched now more than ever and that is fact x

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
I agree. I get emails from Facebook and other social media which I don't use but the connection has been picked up somewhere. As for CCTV...... yes it has it's uses but do we need to be watched everywhere we go? How did we cope pre CCTV?

The world has gone mad. I'm glad I'm such a good girl:whistle::D

Reactions: Therapon
9 September 2017
I'm at my bank of computers right now....and I'm watching you ALL.....:mwah:

@Baldricknkaz
Balders..stop picking yer nose :ninja:

@MP386
MP..stop it, that's very naughty....and think how the hamster feels :mad:

@debE
Debs...Oh I say, carry on (y)

Antogs xx

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
The world has gone mad. I'm glad I'm such a good girl:whistle::D

Not accirding to the video I've seen :D

Anything on a network is at risk, TV, fridge, washing machine, even your wifi sex toys can (and some do) relay info back to the manufacturer. Got a mobile, then your location is always know unless it's powered off.
Unless your device is never used or you can disable the network interface or you buy a model that is supposedly not connectable, then the fact is you have to accept the risk your data may at sometime be used or monitored. Do I care, not really it's the reality of life today. It's always been the same except the "village gossip" is now more stealthy and knows a lot more about me.

Anyway enough rambling I'm off to watch my next vid :)

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I'm at my bank of computers right now....and I'm watching you ALL.....:mwah:

@Baldricknkaz
Balders..stop picking yer nose :ninja:

@MP386
MP..stop it, that's very naughty....and think how the hamster feels :mad:

@debE
Debs...Oh I say, carry on (y)

Antogs xx
@Antogs......a hamster :( I know it’s only a little one but you could have given my ego a boost called it a Snake or something :serial_Flasher:
Don’t forget it can work both ways ;) put “dolly” down :D:sheep_shagger::sheep_shagger::sheep_shagger:

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
D

Deleted member 9925

We have three Alexa's and Google phones and to be honest we just don't mind the perks out weigh the slim possibility of someone listening in. The location tracking is great we like looking at our timelines on Google maps and seeing how far we walked and the likes

Reactions: Baldrick and Pearls
D

Deleted member 1030

This sort of thread always makes my think of....

D

Deleted member 1402

I'm gonna sound thick here but what does alexa do?
My shopping list, an alarm that wakes me from the dead, controls my heating and soon to be lighting. She is ace at finding all my favourite songs and albums. Just because I'm bone idol and don't need to lift a finger.
She's really good at keeping my hospital and dr's appointments for me (diaries and calenders don't work for me).

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
My shopping list, an alarm that wakes me from the dead, controls my heating and soon to be lighting. She is ace at finding all my favourite songs and albums. Just because I'm bone idol and don't need to lift a finger.
She's really good at keeping my hospital and dr's appointments for me (diaries and calenders don't work for me).
I couldn't cope with that, so next will be a robots maybe, I dread the future at times ;)

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
You could ask it to play a track or do a google search or pull up a recipe :eek:, read messages. Depends on the version etc.
Nah I'll stick to my CD collection and a cook book, I bet people won't have to learn how to read soon :palm:

D

Deleted member 1402

I couldn't cope with that, so next will be a robots maybe, I dread the future at times ;)

It's so handy for me, as my carer has gone part-time, my main man has moved out and works away a lot, so if I'm having a crash and flare up, leaving me bed bound, Alexa works a treat. Plus what 19 year old wants to be looking after his Mum?
I'll have a robot to brush my hair, gimme a bed bath and brush my teeth.

I no longer miss my CDs. Took a while to get used to not having them in my car, all I needed was a phone with bigger storage!

D

Deleted member 1402

I've had to come off one of my rhuemy meds (hydroxychloroquine) as it has wrecked my eyesight, my own fault for not having my weekly eye tests. So with that, my body thinks my joints, especially elbows, are a thing to be killed by my own immune system, making it difficult to hold a brush and lift my arms.
I have ultrasound therapy, but that doesn't help, so I'll need to either go back on low dose chemo, which makes me very ill and even more bed bound.
My sulfasalzine inst enough to curb the arthritis, although it should stop my hands becoming deformed.
So, the last 18 months, I've been cramming everything into my life and suffer the crashes that come with it.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I've had to come off one of my rhuemy meds (hydroxychloroquine) as it has wrecked my eyesight, my own fault for not having my weekly eye tests. So with that, my body thinks my joints, especially elbows, are a thing to be killed by my own immune system, making it difficult to hold a brush and lift my arms.
I have ultrasound therapy, but that doesn't help, so I'll need to either go back on low dose chemo, which makes me very ill and even more bed bound.
My sulfasalzine inst enough to curb the arthritis, although it should stop my hands becoming deformed.
So, the last 18 months, I've been cramming everything into my life and suffer the crashes that come with it.
(y)

24 November 2015
Sorry to me Alexia in the future equals lazy people , obesity which in turn will put more pressure on the NHS, kids and parents who no longer interact which could potentially lead to god forbid none communication between each other , id rather read a good book interact with others and learn by life ,not some robotised voice doing everything for me

Reactions: Therapon