Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

#askforangela

Discussion in 'All About Swinging' started by Meandlis, 12 December 2018.

1. Meandlis

Meandlis PV Sprtr

Has anybody seen this? It seems to be a great initiative;
    ask-for-angela-2.jpg
    Basically, this campaign is aimed at ladies and members of the LGBT community and revolves around the idea that, should a date/meeting/hook-up start to get unsafe in any way, you can approach the venue's staff and ask if "Angela is in tonight?" or similar and they will immediately take steps to ensure your safety. It started in Lincolnshire, but is now nationwide. More details here

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Meandlis

Meandlis PV Sprtr

I'm going to 'sticky' this for the time being. Stay safe out there.

Last edited: 12 December 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Admin

Admin Admin

Beat me to it. (y)

Agreed. This is so important.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stew

Stew PV Sprtr

Yes I think it was trialled in Lincoln a while back and now it’s been adopted , what a great idea

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Therapon

Therapon Admin Sprtr

It's sounds similar to the Angel Shot campaign but a great idea.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. fincon

fincon PV Sprtr

I’ve not only heard of it, I’ve known a couple of people who’ve used it successfully.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Miss-Sexy-Legs

Miss-Sexy-Legs Admin PV Sprtr

Yes we have similar ,the angel ad campaign on the ladies toilet walls but in our local nightclub they also have one for the gents

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. I think it's a brilliant idea x

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. This is used in clubs and pubs here and i think it should be used world wide brilliant idea x

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Pearls

Pearls #PearlsTechSupport

Brilliant idea. X

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Colin

Colin PV Sprtr

They use it in the pubs round horwich all barstaff know what to do

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ahabs

Ahabs PV Sprtr

This is a brilliant idea!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Admin

Admin Admin

If so many people have heard of this, why hasn't it been shared before here? Surely this is the ideal platform for so?
    Anyway, those close to me know my take on safety so this is a superb thing for everyone really.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Ahabs

Ahabs PV Sprtr

Just a random guess, they way its worded can lend itself to more vanilla/non-swing one-2-one pub style meets (usually between a guy and a girl) whereas with most swing meets its either a social with a reasonably large group of people (usually 4 or more, mix of couples, guys and girls) so usually safe, or more private meets (At home) where there;s no "bar staff" to talk to.

But that's just a guess: In most cases if a guy and a girl met at a public neutral space, like a club, it would probably be a swing club so they;d just tell a staff member "this person is bothering me" with no use of any code.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Colin

Colin PV Sprtr

Just seen this thought it might be usefull even if only to tell the younger females in your family's

Attached Files:

• safe.jpg
      safe.jpg
      File size:
      100.8 KB
      Views:
    • Winner Winner x 4
  16. Pearls

Pearls #PearlsTechSupport

Great idea

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ahabs

Ahabs PV Sprtr

So here's the thing, I like this idea, completely agree. But, how is this different from Uber, which surprisingly has garnered much unfortunate (and possibly false) publicity as the worst cab service and completely unsafe for female passengers.

Stories of women being assaulted, to the point Uber risks losing its license in multiple cities. And this, with a system the passenger receives the driver's details (car make, model, colour, reg, driver name, photo and service rating) all ahead of accepting the ride, all to your phone and copied to your email.

And yet people claiming black cabs and mini cab services (which you don't get those details) are allegedly safer. Makes me wonder.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice