Bdsm and consent: how to stop rough sex crossing the line into abuse

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
What an interesting article I've found;

_101233614_bdsm_2_getty.jpg

When allegations of assault were made against New York's top prosecutor Eric Schneiderman this week, he denied them, saying engaging in non-consensual sex was a line he would not cross.

"In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone," he told The New Yorker magazine, which broke the story.

Four women say he repeatedly slapped them and one said he insisted she call him "master" in non-consensual situations.

One former girlfriend, Michelle Manning Barish, said: "This was under no circumstances a sex game gone wrong... I did not consent to physical assault." New York prosecutors are investigating the allegations.

This is not the first time a man accused of assault has claimed he was consensually engaging in rough sex (in Mr Schneiderman's case, he was in a sexual relationship with three of his four accusers; a fourth woman said he hit her after she rebuffed him).

BDSM vocabulary
  • Kink - a broad term that usually encompasses sexual acts considered outside the norm
  • BDSM - this acronym is described as a pre-agreed power exchange, sometimes not explicitly sexual
  • Dominant and submissive - the names for the roles individuals enact during BDSM practice
  • Play and scene - BDSM participants describe themselves as playing in a scene
  • Munch - a casual social meet-up for people involved in or interested in BDSM
  • Vanilla - refers to someone, or sex, that is not kinky
  • Safe words - words or a gesture pre-agreed with your partner to alert them to your physical limits
  • Aftercare - argued to be just as important as the scene, this is personal to the individual but may involve blankets, cuddles, conversation and a cup of tea to ease participants back to normality

Source and to read more;
How to stop rough sex crossing the line into abuse

S

Sammy

Fifty shades of grey has a lot to answer for about peoples view of the bdsm community

Interesting article
Interesting voice article within the article too

Quote from article
" It can be sexy, but also deeply caring," explained sex coach Ms Martin

Shame many people don't believe or understand that aspect of BDSM

Sx

12 April 2018
The difference between rough sex and abuse is consent..

So many men these days think if they tie a woman up, spank her ass then fuck her, it makes them a Dom.. I call them 50 Shades Doms because they have absolutely no idea what a Dom is or the dynamics involved.. Any real Dom knows that the brain/mind is the best sexual organ any of us have, turn this on and the body will follow :D

Reactions: Respect2017
S

Sammy

The difference between rough sex and abuse is consent..

So many men these days think if they tie a woman up, spank her ass then fuck her, it makes them a Dom.. I call them 50 Shades Doms because they have absolutely no idea what a Dom is or the dynamics involved.. Any real Dom knows that the brain/mind is the best sexual organ any of us have, turn this on and the body will follow :D

Totally agree

I call them fifty shades of grey
Fuck em n flog em Fakes

Sx

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I haven't read the whole article but this appears to be abuse, nothing more. As usual it seems people assume because someone has made a sexual advance during which they slapped someone then they must have been involved in BDSM. When does smacking someone become BDSM? Many people say they are involved in BDSM when the reality is they are role playing, when does role playing change into BDSM?
For me BDSM is something I am involved in, I have a dominant, I am a submissive and I give my dominant the consent to do what we have agreed. We have rules, we agree what we what we want to do before any play takes place. Yes things may change during our play but again we discuss this. If I ask her to stop she does immeadiately. Too often people start role playing then things get out of hand and because they don't understand what BDSM is it turns into rough physical abuse - that is not BDSM.
End of mini rant.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I think a lot of people take advantage of situations in this scene.
As a submissive I know my boundaries but I don't need to worry as @Lips_Pearls knows them better than me. I certainly have no fear and can trust 100%. Most of the time It's not me using the safe word but what can I say, I like a good punishment :notworthy: