Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Bug With Android Browser

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by Phoenixcouplexx, 10 February 2017.

1. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I'm doing all that but when I get to privacy settings it's set to members only and won't let me change it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

Oh that is weird.... Use the drop down and select your options from there. Are you able to use the drop down?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I can get this far and then neither the privacy or who can add to the album drop downs are working on my phone...

Screenshot_20170210-133205.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Admin

Can you try using these drop down selectors, what happens then please?
    Screenshot_20170210-133205.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

Sorry I thought I was clearer in the first msg. Neither of those two drop downs are working.
    I can't make the album private or change who can add to it on my phone. Which is android btw ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I'm not sure they will I just tried to edit our existing album permissions.....
    And I don't get the option after the album is created it seems?
    Screenshot_20170210-134406.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I have only got the one public album at the moment. If I create one can you then edit the permissions for me?
    I'm on am s6 edge but I don't see how that would effect it?
    Mobile Web settings would your end though...
    I've had it before when you go from normal browser to mobile it throws things out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Admin

I can as long as you make it, I can adjust it.
    Things our side are universal, so whatever you do on desktop - will be the exact same on mobile.
    Unless you have an ad-blocker or something preventing the scripts from working fully?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

Nope, nothing like that running on my phone.

10. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

Is this under album-edit-bottom right?

11. Admin

Then I can't say for certain what would do this. You did create an album called face pics, set to owner only for all. But no media. It's been deleted but if you wish I can restore it for you and then you can use that?

12. Admin

Yes that's it.

13. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

This is all I get when I select edit....
    Screenshot_20170210-134406.png

14. Admin

15. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I've reinstated it but it won't be up to much if I can't select which users can view it? Lol

16. Admin

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I found it at last! I think that's going to need simplifying. I thought I was computer literate! Lol
    D would not have stood a chance doing that on her own in the nicest possible way lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Admin

I hear what you're saying, but it's only a matter of scrolling down and then editing the permissions and adding users if that makes sense?
    Also when making the albums for the first time, everything is in front of you with regards to permissions? I don't honestly know how I could possibly make it simpler when adding the albums is point and click for permissions, and adjusting the albums then is a matter of scrolling down to the area to find the permissions field.. Know what I mean?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

Still not getting the option on the drop down to change permissions when I create an album. But I can go and edit settings now I know where it is. I think it would be easier if it was all under 'edit' instead of a seperate area.
    I'd bet a lot of money that there will be those that just give up trying to put private pics on rather than ask for help tbh.
    You are right it is easy once you know how. But you have to know how and it took me a bit. Mrs would have given up ages ago lol

Last edited: 10 February 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Admin

You'd be very surprised at just how many members actually have their albums set to either private, or people they follow. Honestly.. there's a hell of a lot who do.
    With regards to the edit, that obviously is editing the title and description.
    What needs to be thought about is the logical order for creating albums and then adjusting the permissions?
    So you'd create an album first - setting the correct permissions.
    Then after doing this and adding media, this is then where you can add people if you've set it to custom?
    I think more members would benefit hugely from reading the site's FAQ's and practise. As each one is quite descriptive and with screenshots?
    It wouldn't benefit really to edit permissions as well as album titles together, because if say for example you only want to edit the privacy, you'd always have the option to rename and it would get hugely annoying..
    We do have a hell of a lot of members using shared or custom albums and albums with people they follow being the set preference.
    I can look at perhaps making it clearer, but when it's point and click for albums and then simply scrolling down to adjust the permissions, I am not sure what I actually can do to make it easier.. but will have a look.

@Therapon you use an S6 too don't you or is it S7? Either way can you replicate this issue of editing an album's privacy and not getting the drop down arrows to work in order to adjust the privacy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Therapon

Therapon Admin Admin Sprtr

Its an S7 edge. Just selected one album and changed from members to followers without any problem.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Phoenixcouplexx

Phoenixcouplexx PV Sprtr

I can alter an existing album but I can't use the drop downs to alter privacy settings when setting up a new album.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Admin

I can't seem to figure out why. Grrr. Will need some volunteers to help for this one to track it down..
    @Therapon are you able to please set up a test album, and adjust permissions during creation please so I can eliminate some things? Thank you.

24. Therapon

Therapon Admin Admin Sprtr

Ok I have the same problem, the drop down list doesnt allow me to select an option.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Admin

I will split off some of this into a support thread when I'm back at the office. In the meantime if anyone else has an edge S6/7 and is able to test, I'd also like to hear from you please if you have the time to. Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice