Coronavirus & meets / events.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Good evening all.
As a result of the current situation with regards to #Coronavirus and this evening's statement from PM Boris Johnson, we have decided to temporarily limit the meets and events sections for both clubs and members alike.
You will as of right now, not be able to create threads or posts in the meets area and we will actively remove any threads requesting the same.
I am sure you fully agree with our actions.

Stay safe, use social distancing, wash your hands, use hand sanitiser...
Please also check here for the latest Government advice on Coronavirus.
Also please see here from the NHS website.

Stay safe, we wish you all well.
Thank you
Admin. x

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
A timely bump is needed. There’s a reason why our meets and events section is closed. There’s a reason we will lock and or delete threads requesting the same.
We’re mid-pandemic which is killing people indiscriminately.
Don’t be a dick about it. Act responsibly. Stay indoors. (Unless essential or work) Stay away from others. Wash your hands regularly - even when at your own home.
Social distancing is working but we’ve got a long way to go yet.
Meets are off the cards on here.
It will only change, when we know we’ve got a handle on this.

Thanks all and stay safe.
Admin x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Everything in England (sorry Wales people) is going to be open from the 4th July, could @Admin change the permissions on the day?
There will still be a few businesses that remain closed, anything with close contact.
Good afternoon,
Indeed this is a good question but sadly all businesses that allow “close contact, which increase further risk of coronavirus spread” will remain closed.

So while some clubs may indeed be reopening as pubs and bars, they’re not opening as clubs and are stating clearly “non-sexual activity “ will be allowed and social distancing must remain in place.

As the law, and let’s be honest about it; common sense predicts, social distancing must remain in place.
As such, given the current situation, we do not feel that right now (context of July the 4th) would be right for us to encourage the opportunity for gatherings to take place.

We are however, thinking about all of these things, considering what is best for us to move forward and will be getting further advice.

We understand some of you may feel disappointed with our initial decision, but we have to consider carefully how we go from here and with advice from professionals such as The Terrence Higgins Trust etc.

In short, we won’t be encouraging meets as of just yet as they break the socially distancing laws. But we are thinking about what we can do best moving forward. X

25 July 2016
Good afternoon,
Indeed this is a good question but sadly all businesses that allow “close contact, which increase further risk of coronavirus spread” will remain closed.

So while some clubs may indeed be reopening as pubs and bars, they’re not opening as clubs and are stating clearly “non-sexual activity “ will be allowed and social distancing must remain in place.

As the law, and let’s be honest about it; common sense predicts, social distancing must remain in place.
As such, given the current situation, we do not feel that right now (context of July the 4th) would be right for us to encourage the opportunity for gatherings to take place.

We are however, thinking about all of these things, considering what is best for us to move foreword and will be getting further advice.

We understand some of you may feel disappointed with our initial decision, but we have to consider carefully how we go from here and with advice from professionals such as The Terrence Higgins Trust etc.

In short, we won’t be encouraging meets as of just yet as they break the socially distancing laws. But we are thinking about what we can do best moving forward. X

I think your right on your decision its to early for close contact at the mo nobody knows what will happen after the 4th i think it will be back even stronger but thats just my opinion

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
It’s almost August and still no end to this corona virus ? I think it’s fair to say 2020 is a write off ?
Hello,
I’m inclined to agree. That said, I’ve seen some club activity being mentioned. Not sure it’s wise, but some people have choices to make.
I do personally agree that 2020 is a write off for this scene and not sure what the best direction is either for 2021.
We still can’t open up specific areas of the site.
There are still increases of Coronavirus and simply put as a site - at least in my position, I don’t know what more we can do other than facilitate a safe place for like minded peeps to chat.

18 February 2020
Hello,
I’m inclined to agree. That said, I’ve seen some club activity being mentioned. Not sure it’s wise, but some people have choices to make.
I do personally agree that 2020 is a write off for this scene and not sure what the best direction is either for 2021.
We still can’t open up specific areas of the site.
There are still increases of Coronavirus and simply put as a site - at least in my position, I don’t know what more we can do other than facilitate a safe place for like minded peeps to chat.
So what’s everyone doing New Year’s Day ? ?

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Okay so today's announcement from Boris Johnson is quite serious, therefore we will still have to adhere to guidelines RE opening the Meets & Events areas.
On the plus side though, I can tell you we're really working hard on a video web chat platform.. ETA currently unknown but I am 100% on it. ? x

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Good evening all.
Again on the back of today's statement, we still have to keep the members' meets events and club events sections closed - including our calendar.
I know this is frustrating, but let's be honest about this; it's common sense and a common sense approach needed to be applied.

So with that, we cannot open up any meets and events areas for the foreseeable future. As and when it's appropriate - we will of course do so.

See here for the latest guidelines and NHS advice RE COVID-19;

Any threads put up or profile posts et al requesting for meets, will be locked or removed.

In the meantime, use this time to maybe (re?)acquaint yourselves with other members here?

What more can I do on here?

You have an extensive PM system where you can include images, live messages etc.
The media gallery.
MoTM. (media of the month) where you can vote for people's media.
PoTD (pic of the day) to perve upon and add/contribute to.
Chatrooms
Finally our forums.

So again, we are sorry to say we cannot open up the rest as of yet but we will wait until such time as we are informed it is safe to do so.
Thank you for your understanding.

Admin x

Last edited:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that current laws and guidelines mean that meeting up with others, from within this environment- is not allowed by law.

As such, we will lock threads, remove posts and edit content as necessary.

I cannot believe, that given the circumstances, I’ve just banned an account for repeat violation of the rules we have onsite, to uphold these laws.

Meeting with others is not allowed. Advertising here for just that, is strictly forbidden for the time being.

You must follow the rules, follow the guidance and help protect others.

In an additional note, don’t you think some may be watching to see if we allow such things?
Stop it or we will remove you permanently.

Admin.

DandDforfun

MOTM

24 August 2019
City
Portsmouth
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that current laws and guidelines mean that meeting up with others, from within this environment- is not allowed by law.

As such, we will lock threads, remove posts and edit content as necessary.

I cannot believe, that given the circumstances, I’ve just banned an account for repeat violation of the rules we have onsite, to uphold these laws.

Meeting with others is not allowed. Advertising here for just that, is strictly forbidden for the time being.

You must follow the rules, follow the guidance and help protect others.

In an additional note, don’t you think some may be watching to see if we allow such things?
Stop it or we will remove you permanently.

Admin.
Unbelievable ❗

Reactions: Pearls and Admin