Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Dislike

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by AutumnH, 12 March 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutumnH

AutumnH PV

I see what you're saying.
    I have always read 'dislike' as "liking your post wouldn't be appropriate so we are expressing our dislike of the situation"
    I haven't thought anything more of it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MP386

MP386 PV Sprtr

I have a few now ... when I got the first I thought similar what have I done but don't worry about it .... there's more green ones than red ones ...
    I had two the other day but it was more about my post about me ... they disagreed with what I put .. which I took as being a compliment ...
    you have nothing to worry about your gorgeous Miss Giggles xx

• Like Like x 2
  3. Therapon

Therapon Admin Admin Sprtr

Good point, I've never thought of it like that but I can understand what you are saying

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maybe this is something @Admin could look in to. Maybe add the sad face so people can response as being disappointed rather than a thumbs down.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. I am sure they will pick up on the post soon and respond.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah i can see where you are coming from.. the same could be said for the paranoid, i recieved a paranoid this morning.. i wasnt quite sure, which context to take it in.. did it mean i the poster was being paranoid.. or did it mean they where paranoid re my post.. :confused:

One thing i will say though, when using your phone, the icons are very close together and sometimes, fat fingers :D press the wrong one.

I do think re your post miss giggles it would have been a dislike that you cant make it!

Sometimes we have to read between the lines and try and work it out. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Perhaps the icons can be looked at.. we did have a drama queen one it was removed. X

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. This is the trouble with communicating via text rather than the spoken word. The text can be read in many different ways depending on the person. I have seen friendships broken just because something said in text as a joke was misunderstood.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I wouldn't read too much into the likes/dislikes etc when they're viewed in bare numbers on your summary. In the notable members section our likes to posts ratio is so much worse than anyone else's but I don't think I reflects to what people actually think of us or maybe it does :noidy::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Paranoid Paranoid x 1
  10. I think all ratings should be used as a very rough guide line. One thing that someone may dislike may not bother you at all. I have had a few but as far as I can tell its just for my (some may say) controversial views on modern life.
    Other peoples likes and dislikes are not something that concern me when looking at a profile. Take the person as they come. Dose not matter what anyone else think. If you like then that's all you need to know.xx

• Like Like x 2
  11. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

I'll have a look into some things and have a play around with some things. Give me a little while it though as I'm a little ropey this morning. :D

Also I wouldn't overthink it too much.
    Hell I even get dislikes on my 'Welcome to Social Swinging' thread. :noidy:

With regards to spacing, I have widened the gap again for mobile use and will do so again later.
    Will probably add a sad smilie as requested and add the option of something similar to sad/unhappy/gutted etc.
    But this will mean something will need to be sacrificed due to the limitations I have for mobile users.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Fat fingers.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Admin

Pass but people do. Seriously.
    Not quite so hungover, but seriously late night and too many drinks. I think we wrapped up at 4? Great though! :D

I'll look into some things a bit later and play around with some things too.
    The profile ratios are there purely as an encouraging method to try and get people interactive on the site's forums, with others. X

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bad man! Guess it depends what type of person you are.. doesnt really bother me I'm a tough old boot.. i do get confused mainly with the paranoid one though.. are they paranoid? Or is my post erm?? :D xxx
    @Admin i do think a :( might be an idea..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Terryg

Terryg PV

It's in my make up not to dislike anything! So no thumbs down from me .

• Like Like x 2
    • Feel the Love Feel the Love x 1
  16. Admin

Well as I said above, I may look into it and see what I can do or come up with.

With a :( I am cautious as people may use it to say; you sad bugger on what could be deemed as otherwise ordinary posts.
    I wouldn't usually have thought like that but after the 'Drama Queen' was abused heavily it's unfortunately left me thinking like that; can one of them be exploited and open to abuse.
    Rating every post someone makes as 'sad' purely to goad them.

The paranoid one is always a tricky one as - are they saying you're post is paranoid or you are? But you have to check the context.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Terryg

Terryg PV

So the trick is not to get paranoid about wether you or the post are paranoid!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I always interpret them as whatever the person feels who's left the emoji.
    I.e they like, they dislike , they feel paranoid.
    You can't use them on one hand to say you like something then on the other hand use them to say the poster is paranoid, it's a contradiction. They're used to display your emotion to the post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Possessive.. lol.. No..
    Perfect example of miss-read smilies. :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. And I never share mr Bump :love: :D x

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Feel the Love Feel the Love x 1
  21. Only mr F :D xx

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. MP386

MP386 PV Sprtr

Oh yes I remember that one ... :D

23. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Oooops

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Ok I fess up it was me with the paranoid thingy. Sorry Fockers it was done in jest and ment no offence to you. anyway I have removed it now as never thought it could be taken the wrong way. Lesson learned and will be more careful with my postings.

• Feel the Love Feel the Love x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice