Eu....stay Or Go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1402
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I will be going with IN , none of the numpties running this country wants to give a true unbiased answer ... Be it from either side so as has been said better the devil you know !!

D

Deleted member 1402

I will be going with IN , none of the numpties running this country wants to give a true unbiased answer ... Be it from either side so as has been said better the devil you know !!
this is why I'm struggling.

Reactions: Admin
D

Deleted member 1402

My dad said he's voting out, but it's gonna take 10 years at least for the final leave. Surely not?

Reactions: Admin
19 March 2015
this is why I'm struggling.
Well there's scaremongering from both sides, but here's some facts and some things to think about...
Not wanting to start a political debate here either okay, but of course.. it may well go down that road. If so let's remember our site rules. ;)

Some Facts....
It's costs us the British public taxpayers, £55m per day to stay in the EU. At a time when our NHS is £2bn in the red, this money would help the NHS. The begging and leading question is from my perspective; would the NHS be in such a mess if we weren't a part of the EU in the first place?
And I don't just mean because of the £55m per day we pay, but because of EU roaming and immigration control?

Immigration - well without starting a flame, as it is now we have an open border policy within Europe and we're like an island attached with an umbilical cord. We're expected to bow down and do as we're told by Brussels.

Migrant workers under the EU are allowed by LAW (The EU law) to send child benefit payments abroad to their families and children, whether they've stepped foot on British soil or not.
Migrant workers are eligible for full benefits - even if they haven't contributed to the country financially (tax) under the EU law.

London is financially watched and governed by Brussels.
Parliament and our laws, are also watched by the EU. - who do you think forced us into allowing some prisoners to vote when serving time in prison?
The UK ignored it, and we still have a blanket ban - but they still nag us and keep on that people who chose to break the law, have the freedom and democratic right - to vote.. (wtf!)

We don't run all of our own affairs. We are highly governed by the EU/Brussels.

It's said that our trading will be affected by leaving the EU because of the open market. We've always had high exports. But we also do rely on imports a lot.
It's said that our security will be weakened by leaving the EU - utter tosh. NATO is the strength here, not the "EU Army" lol.
Which incidentally is a military concern.. Not NATO - but the fact there are very deep concerns that the EU are pushing for a huge EU army. (That would be dangerous).

We are told we will be financially worse off - initially. There's a keyword; initially.
The forecast is a possible recession for a year or so..
Well we've been in a recession for the last decade, so what will a few more years do to us?
One thing though, it will possibly end austerity measures?
Oh and remember that £55m per day to stay IN.

The list is endless for in and out... The fat cats are the most worried.. you know, the 1%.
It's the rest of us mortals who see sense and know that being in the EU is draining us, causing us unrest and no end of issues with immigration - even Cameron couldn't settle his deal proposals in Jan/Feb with the EU about clamping down on immigration!!

Causing us issues with more things than people realise, even our own justice system which has done remarkably well for the last several centuries :rolleyes:

We're worse off being in. Some say 'better the devil you know'... But then wonder why immigration is a thorn in our side, wonder why the NHS is in turmoil yet are happy to allow our little Island to pay £55m per day to be part of the EU?

There's loads of reasons for both in or out, loads.. But there's no mistaking it, we'll be better off out.
Hope this helps. ;)

For those who - TLDR., Then you're on the wrong thread anyway :D

*waits for pro EU stampede* :whistle:

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Thats one side of the arguement and nicely put. I'm not covinced by the rhetoric from either side. It seems to be a very negative campaign and who can "frighten" the general public most. It would good if the EU could actually achieve its original aims - those you cant argue against.

19 March 2015
Thats one side of the arguement and nicely put. I'm not covinced by the rhetoric from either side. It seems to be a very negative campaign and who can "frighten" the general public most. It would good if the EU could actually achieve its original aims - those you cant argue against.
This is what worries me, there's an awful lot of scaremongering and not enough hard facts. You have to dig and read up on so much to find what could be deemed as facts. Even then it may not be authentic.
Both sides have compelling views..
Personally the trading worries me, but I still firmly personally believe we will be better off out as Brussels have us in a stranglehold.
Seemingly... And over the most ludicrous things.
We're one of the highest payers who get less out than what we put in. It's just bleeding us.
I think after WWII and for the Cold War, the EU served it's purpose. But now, it's just that; served its purpose.

Reactions: Deleted member 1402

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I still have to make my mind up. Yes it costs a lot but then as a counter arguement I'm aware that (as an example) Merseyside has received over £2 billion in grants. Would the UK government have spent that much anywhere outside of London, who knows.
As for trading - do we have any industries left too trade. Tata being the lastest example.
For me its a case of forget the current situation and ask myself what are the benefits/drawbacks for the future. Will our kids benefit or loose out. Its a long term game.

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

I personally think it is about time as a nation that we control our own destiny as a country as in the United Kingdom and not been told to tow the line other European nations who couldn't give a shit about us as a country as long as they are having our hard earnt money, and also have all there dregs of society coming to our country to claim and sponge of tax paying people of this nation. It's time we make Britain Great again and show the rest of the world we are a force to be reckoned with. Steve

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Immigration has always been an issue. Whether it was the Jews in the 10th-12th century the Huguenots in the 1700's or the Carribean influx in the 1950's the response has always been the same. The Eastern Europeans are just the latest influx but we tar them all with the same brush. Its like being a single gent on some others sites.
As for being Great Britain again. Unfortunately I think that has been resigned to the history bin. All western countries now face the prospect of the emerging economies of Asia. We are a small island on the western fringes of Eurasia. Can we survive by ourselves, maybe in the short term but longer into the future I'm not convinced.