Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Following Etiquette.

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by Lola, 24 March 2016.

1. Lola

Lola PV

If someone looks interesting to me I have just followed them. On this site not down the street and whrn they go home etc!)
    Is that not proper ss etiquette, should I be asking them if they mind if I do follow them?
    Thank you so much

• Like Like x 5
  2. Crezy

Crezy PV Sprtr

Iv had a few just invite them selfs so it seems the norm, you can unfollow no problems so far

• Like Like x 4
  3. I don't usually ask to follow but I do send a short message introducing us and mention that I've followed them and hope they don't mind etc. Plus it's a nice way to get talking to them xx

• Like Like x 5
  4. Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Staff Admin

I usually just follow but If I'm very keen I will have a little flirt and drop it in :sneaky::whistle:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mootje

Mootje SS Bad Boy! PV

Me too I usually Just fool oops Follow winks hehehehehe, Hey LOLA flirt some n drop in girl i waiting :whistle: :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Depends.. if they have pics and info.. then i sometimes follow... no use following blank pages.. if theres banter etc i follow.. i judge if they are a noob then no i dont.
    Do i ask? Sometimes yes sometimes no.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

This has been asked before and the general consensus then was, it was deemed polite to ask if okay to follow and then ask if okay to follow in return.
    Some are happy with people just following, others prefer to be asked if okay first.
    Personally if me on our fun account, I always ask. As admin I may follow anyway - for a number of reasons which I won't explain here.

I think it's far politer to ask - as it only takes a few seconds "ooh hello, do you mind if we follow" as opposed to bluntly following someone.
    Just my tuppence worth. :) x

Last edited: 24 March 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Mootje

Mootje SS Bad Boy! PV

Damn don't I love the Polite Admin and people in here :love: :love: :love:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Does this mean i have to follow all!! Blimey :D

• Like Like x 4
  10. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

Ahem... I should have said;
    As admin I MAY follow anyway - for a number of reasons which I won't explain here.
    I only follow certain people for certain reasons.. usually three - one we hit it off and are friendly, two so I can show them the ropes and three because I think they're numpties and will track them before I ban their arses. :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lola

Lola PV

Ok that explains it better for me now. So publicly tol those I have followed without asking first I am sorry and I'm glad no one complained.
    To my follows of the future... I shall I ask you first.
    Thank you for clarifying the etiquette I really wasn't sure.
    Xxx

• Like Like x 4
  12. I always ask if its OK to follow xxx

• Like Like x 3
  13. Interesting that someone has asked this question, well done @Lola - im not even sure why 'to' follow people :(
    I know there has been some enhancements about notifications recently but before that ...

I have if Ive spoken to them on here and they seem nice.
    I have if they look fit (what i call my Twitter approach ;) )

I never asked (rude sod) but didnt really get how it worked so i also apologise if I followed you and you didnt know why - dont worry i probably didnt know either :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lola

Lola PV

I didn't know either. But now we know!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pearls

When you follow people and they follow back, this means that when either person does anything you will know, just like twitter or facebook.. Go to your news feed and you will then see what everyone is up too ;);)

• Like Like x 1
  16. thats a new thing though right?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pearls

No always had this, see lots of toys here that you haven't found xx

• Like Like x 1
  18. once a newbie....

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pearls

Goodies everywhere (y)(y)x

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pearls

The newsfeed is one of the most popular tools here ;);)xx

• Like Like x 1
  21. indeed - its sort of what i thought would happen but cant have switched something on because ive never had any alerts for people im following, only threads have posted on.
    not the end of the world, will get round to it

• Like Like x 2
  22. i see its in the newsfeed, get ya.

every day is a school day

• Like Like x 2
  23. Pearls

There you go and now it will open your eyes, oh by the way, do you follow me :sneaky::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  24. i dont, but thats nothing personal, i just assumed id need to hire a PA to stay on top of all your activity - i mean, you do get around (apparently :rofl: )

• Like Like x 3
  25. Pearls

Really.... Ommmm I a busy woman me :whistle::sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice