Fur Trade In Clothing.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Evening all.
Over the last two weeks when in town shopping with her mother, @Pearls has noticed a group of people protesting outside a shop. When they went over to try to find out over what, the group were protesting about this particular shop selling real fur with their clothing range.
The police were there and were overheard saying that they couldn't prove anything...

Well, today it's appeared in the news somewhere that this shop is indeed selling real animal fur. The shop is called Coco Blush Boutique and the reviews are dreadful.
From being snubbed and looked down upon, to openly selling fur.
Now, I thought that it was illegal and the fur trade had long been banned, but obviously not.

What are your thoughts about retailers still selling animal fur clothing?

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Seems to be a lot of this happening, e.g what is supposed to be faux fur is real especially on cheaper clothing. Personally I think it is totally unnaceptable and the conditions these animals tend to be kept are horrific.

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Evening all.
Over the last two weeks when in town shopping with her mother, @Pearls has noticed a group of people protesting outside a shop. When they went over to try to find out over what, the group were protesting about this particular shop selling real fur with their clothing range.
The police were there and were overheard saying that they couldn't prove anything...

Well, today it's appeared in the news somewhere that this shop is indeed selling real animal fur. The shop is called Coco Blush Boutique and the reviews are dreadful.
From being snubbed and looked down upon, to openly selling fur.
Now, I thought that it was illegal and the fur trade had long been banned, but obviously not.

What are your thoughts about retailers still selling animal fur clothing?
I have no more issue with fur than I do leather or meat for that matter, as long as the animal is kept in good conditions and slaughtered well I have no issue.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I have no more issue with fur than I do leather or meat for that matter, as long as the animal is kept in good conditions and slaughtered well I have no issue.

I can't agree. In the case of leather the primary reason the animals are bred is for food and the leather is a by product so I can accept that. But fur? I'm not convinced fox fur for example is "ethically" acceptable.

19 March 2015
Seems to be a lot of this happening, e.g what is supposed to be faux fur is real especially on cheaper clothing. Personally I think it is totally unnaceptable and the conditions these animals tend to be kept are horrific.
Indeed, it seems to be creeping in more and more again. It's disgusting. (n)
Sorry Mr LNF, on this one I have to disagree. Sorry..

Reactions: Pearls and TherLegs
D

Deleted member 6127

While in Latvia with a friend in December we went to the xmas market, I found a stunning fur hat I wanted, when I asked what it was made of the trader told me it was artic Fox. My friend laughed at me and pointed out that all the coats, hats, gloves etc: where all real fur...... I didn’t buy the hat and that’s my personal choice. Cxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I think people who wear leather shoes and eat meat shouldn't get too excised about animals killed for their fur.

19 March 2015
I think people who wear leather shoes and eat meat shouldn't get too excised about animals killed for their fur.
Disagreed Joe. Don't normally, but will here. Killing an animal for meat to eat and having leather as a by-product, is not the same as killing one only and purely for fur.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Disagreed Joe. Don't normally, but will here. Killing an animal for meat to eat and having leather as a by-product, is not the same as killing one only and purely for fur.
Fair enough!

But... the outcome is the same, namely the death of the animal.

Or are one lot of animals cuter or more worthy of respect and protection than others?

19 March 2015
Fair enough!

But... the outcome is the same, namely the death of the animal.

Or are one lot of animals cuter or more worthy of respect and protection than others?
Agreed, it's still death. But to kill one animal for meat, leather and more products really, can be justified. (I'm not exactly a fan of it though I'll be honest here.. it often concerns me) But to kill an animal, let's say an otter for example, only for fur.. nah not cricket old bean.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Agreed, it's still death. But to kill one animal for meat, leather and more products really, can be justified. (I'm not exactly a fan of it though I'll be honest here.. it often concerns me) But to kill an animal, let's say an otter for example, only for fur.. nah not cricket old bean.
It's an odd distinction tho'?

Some animals are worthy of care and protection but others aren't?

Why is a horse better than a cow?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I may get shot down here in flames but I am a meat eater, I wear leather and do own some snake and croc pieces, if I were to come across a beautiful fur item in a flee market or something similar then I guess I would buy it.
Do I believe in cruelty to animals? No
We were never born Vegans though.

D

Deleted member 6127

I may get shot down here in flames but I am a meat eater, I wear leather and do own some snake and croc pieces, if I were to come across a beautiful fur item in a flee market or something similar then I guess I would buy it.
Do I believe in cruelty to animals? No
We were never born Vegans though.
All them vegans missing out on a Friday Steak & BJ evening
Ekkkk now I will be shot down but I will make a lovely suitcase with matching on cabin bag :rofl: :gimp: Cxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I think there should be a new system where you have to kill, gut and then use whatever it is you want to eat or wear.

Now that's moral and lots of people would find alternatives to lots of things when faced with the reality of how they are made.

D

Deleted member 6127

I would still make a good suitcase with a fur handle...... how designer :palm: cxxx