Is It Prevalent In The Swinging Scene?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 July 2018
Chinese whisper that is. Gossip. Is it prevalent in the scene? It can be fun but can also be extremely damaging too can’t it.
What say ye? X
It’s as common as cliques, no more, no less. If you’re a regular at a club, or on a site, that doesn’t discourage it (even subtly) then it’ll occur.

I’ve never been aware of it here. That may be because I’m insensitive and thick. (It’s been known.)

But I choose to believe that it’s because newbies are always welcomed, by the site owners, interaction is gently encouraged, and because on the whole this is a very friendly place.

10 July 2018
Well, some things coming to light recently have shown that gossip is actually quite common. More than perhaps most may realise... Same as all walks of life really isn’t it. ;)
Well, if one believes that swinging is a decent analogy to life in general (you get a pretty random element in here: ages, looks, types, etc) as long as there’s gossip in general, there’s gossip here. As there is in any small group.

Is it more prevalent in swinging than any other relatively small group? I don’t think so, from my experience.

However, as above, that may be because I’m ignorant, thick and insensitive. Heh.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Myth or not but

Send three and four pence ......

Chinese whisper are prevelent in all walks of life, swinging is no exception.

Reactions: GeoffRy
L

Louise94

I suppose this is a slight deviation from the question but hopefully still relevant:

Is it gossiping to be made privy to information about people who might prove awkward/difficult to meet?

I’ve been told things about people and, whilst I would always wait to meet someone personally before making an absolute decision, it has changed what situations I would meet under I.e. in a group setting as opposed to one on one.

So, is that gossiping? Or is that looking out for someone?

To answer the question, I see gossiping as a negative thing to do which can really damage someone and generally creates a low energy environment which aren’t fun to be part of. I think we’ve probably all been guilty of it. What other people say about you can be useful info to have but it shouldn’t define who you are and what you think about yourself.

Xxx

Reactions: BiLouJ and GeoffRy
1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
I suppose this is a slight deviation from the question but hopefully still relevant:

Is it gossiping to be made privy to information about people who might prove awkward/difficult to meet?

I’ve been told things about people and, whilst I would always wait to meet someone personally before making an absolute decision, it has changed what situations I would meet under I.e. in a group setting as opposed to one on one.

So, is that gossiping? Or is that looking out for someone?

To answer the question, I see gossiping as a negative thing to do which can really damage someone and generally creates a low energy environment which aren’t fun to be part of. I think we’ve probably all been guilty of it. What other people say about you can be useful info to have but it shouldn’t define who you are and what you think about yourself.

Xxx
Agreed.

I also feel that telling others of your own interactions with others can be constructive or helpful i.e. looking out for people. But the need to be your own interactions/observations. However relating a story second/third hand should generally be avoided, the old "he said, she said " I always try to avoid.

Unless it is something serious, e.g. "dont go there he/she drugged and raped me" but I think we all as a community would not allow that to happen.

Xx G

Reactions: BiLouJ
30 March 2017
City
High Wycombe
I think there will always be an element of gossiping/Chinese whispers or whatever you like to call it. In my experience it can be both informative and damaging depending on what is said by who.

Second or third hand information should always be taken with a pinch of salt if you ask me (y)

Reading the verifications on sites is always a good idea but they can be misleading too:palm:

I’ve been told things about people in the past which I’ve taken on board and not allowed it to cloud my judgement when meeting them, sometimes I have agreed with what I’ve been told and other times I’ve disagreed. Everyone has a different opinion of others I feel (y)

Think I went off the point and on a tangent there........ sorry :palm:

D

Deleted member 11094

Gossiping happens, usually best to stay out of it and keep that objective perception of people in your life.
I think talking to others is fine, especially if someone needs to get things off their chest, or are looking out for you/others, a listening ear & a hug is good.
As I am still new to the scene I only see bits, I also miss a lot of things. Like others have said, it is important to make your own judgement on people and situations too. I can say most people I have met in the scene so far have been lovely.

Reactions: Pearls