Lubes - A Sensitive Issue.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Evening all,
I am just curious actually, do any of you have any sensitivity issues with certain lubes?

For as long as I can remember, some lubes make me extremely agitated and I get a bad reaction to them. It's almost like a mild skin burn, sweat/heat rash, and can be very painful.
If anyone doesn't know, it's almost Mr here posting unless stated otherwise - so to clear it up it's not my wife who has this, it's me.
We used a pump earlier (spur of the moment) and a Fleshlight ..
That meant lube and both during and after, a lot of fluids.
This has triggered a really bad skin reaction, only a few hours later.
Anyone else have these kind of issues?
Is it because of the lubes being based on different chemicals?

We use Liquid Silk usually which is superb, but the more generic water based ones really do make this an issue for a day or two. :oops:

If you've never experienced this and haven't a clue what I am on about, then forget you ever read this. :rofl:

30 March 2017
City
High Wycombe
Evening all,
I am just curious actually, do any of you have any sensitivity issues with certain lubes?

For as long as I can remember, some lubes make me extremely agitated and I get a bad reaction to them. It's almost like a mild skin burn, sweat/heat rash, and can be very painful.
If anyone doesn't know, it's almost Mr here posting unless stated otherwise - so to clear it up it's not my wife who has this, it's me.

We use Liquid Silk usually which is superb, but the more generic water based ones really do make this an issue for a day or two. :oops:

If you've never experienced this and haven't a clue what I am on about, then forget you ever read this. :rofl:

I have experienced this once, it was a long time ago and I can’t remember what type of lube it was.

Tbh I rarely you lube.

26 March 2018
City
London

We use Liquid Slik, Amazon subscribe and save is great for never running out, and we were away and forgot to pack any so got some water based stuff called 'Lubido' was terrible stuff, was like using a sugar syrup, made both of us itchy.

19 March 2015
I have experienced this once, it was a long time ago and I can’t remember what type of lube it was.

Tbh I rarely you lube.
We rarely use it too, natural is best. But when using a Doxy, or other toys.. ;) it really does become an evil necessity? So it's tricky really. I always had the mindset (years ago) that you never need lube; but you do at times and the bad ones make me unwell.
We use Liquid Slik, Amazon subscribe and save is great for never running out, and we were away and forgot to pack any so got some water based stuff called 'Lubido' was terrible stuff, was like using a sugar syrup, made both of us itchy.
Indeed, Liquid Silk is the bomb. Yeah it's that watery sugary syrup type lube that seems to cause a reaction. I didn't think it was water based, but it is. So I don't know why it does it.
We've a stash here from various places & reasons, and the typical lube causes the typical issue. Can take me a good two days to get over it.
Am glad it's not only myself having this issue.
If I'm honest, I'd not usually discuss this but I thought - if I can't ask here, then where can I?
I think we will just stick with Liquid Silk which is simply the best. Thanks both, that's reassuring to know.

26 October 2018
Evening all,

Not mixing it up with WD40 ???

19 March 2015
Lou here, i can only use the durex one i think it's called silk or something like that. Any other i try, even water based ones burn me :eek: my bits feel like they are on fire. So no, you're not alone xxx
Thank you! That's exactly it.. like fire. It hurts and is very painful.
Well we won't really move now, based from today (and previous) from Liquid Silk, but that aside when you don't have any, you grab the nearest one... but it has nasty consequences.

@TogNMuse @Horny_Essex_Pair
Am really glad I'm not alone in experiencing this. Especially from a mans' point of view. Thank you xx

Swarfega :rofl: keeps it clean !!!!!
Bugger off :D :rofl:
I am curiously drawn to the smell of Swarfega. :confused: :ninja:

24 February 2019
City
Birmingham
still finding a suitable one for us - not-so much irritation but they become very sticky and less liquid during motion which is counterproductive & we both don't like- types used various Ann summers & durex also boots & superdrug. May have to liquid silk ago / it was supplied freely in the bham gayclubs I used to dance in - never gave it a thought until you mentioned it xx

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I’ve used a couple of different ones .... sometimes diy :oops: needs a bit of slip .... never had a problem with side effects the one I have at the moment is from Lovehoney called Enjoy it’s vegan friendly :D any vegans out there ;)

D

Deleted member 3411

Thanks for all this, but because I'm seeing it in a different way. Nice to know so many of you use lube. You can be forgiven for thinking that needing it could put out a signal that 'she's not really turned on by the situation'. Silk here too btw, although not really used many others so no bad reports.
Sad to say just as some toy makers don't or didn't used to care about quality I wonder if this is also a case of "don't worry if our product causes discomfort, they will be too emarressed because of what it's used for to complain".

19 March 2015
Thanks for all the replies so far. It’s reassuring tbh.
We have a large bottle of Liquid Silk here but during the heat of the moment, couldn’t find it so used one of the several other ones we have here and it’s horrible.
Am a bit better today than yesterday but blimey, don’t these manufacturers care about what they’re using if so many have had the same issues? X

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 3411

What we need is either an ornament for the bed side where you keep it, or the makers want to disguise it so you can leave it in full view... perhaps. Nothing spoils the moment like... "where did you put it last?" Or "I'm sure we had spare batteries".... ;)

19 March 2015
What we need is either an ornament for the bed side where you keep it, or the makers want to disguise it so you can leave it in full view... perhaps. Nothing spoils the moment like... "where did you put it last?" Or "I'm sure we had spare batteries".... ;)
Yes great idea (y)

Reactions: Pearls
12 January 2016
City
Cambridge
still finding a suitable one for us - not-so much irritation but they become very sticky and less liquid during motion which is counterproductive & we both don't like- types used various Ann summers & durex also boots & superdrug. May have to liquid silk ago / it was supplied freely in the bham gayclubs I used to dance in - never gave it a thought until you mentioned it xx
ID silicone seems to be the best by a mile; long lasting, never gets sticky and I believe hypoallergenic too. Don't be put off by the cost; its a bit pricey per litre but you only need a fraction as much as with most of them.

L

Louise94

I’ve used a couple of different ones .... sometimes diy :oops: needs a bit of slip .... never had a problem with side effects the one I have at the moment is from Lovehoney called Enjoy it’s vegan friendly :D any vegans out there ;)

A post where you’re not poking fun at my lifestyle choices - what’s happened? :rofl:
(I am teasing, I can take a joke...just. :p)

That is actually very helpful, thank you. :D

When I was with my ex we used coconut oil but that won’t work with condoms so, again, thank you!

Xxx

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
A post where you’re not poking fun at my lifestyle choices - what’s happened? :rofl:
(I am teasing, I can take a joke...just. :p)

That is actually very helpful, thank you. :D

When I was with my ex we used coconut oil but that won’t work with condoms so, again, thank you!

Xxx
Sorry I don’t mean to poke fun at you personally because your a vegan , but yes it’s apparently vegan friendly what that has to do with lube I don’t know ...... I guess you only like vegan sausage too :D.... I’m an arse i know :rofl::spank:

Reactions: Louise94
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Oh I know...even I laugh sometimes. Can’t take ourselves too seriously. :D

A lot of lube contains milk derivatives, as do a lot of condoms.

You have a lovely arse! ;)

Xxx
Is that last remark about me :X3:thank you :) ...
ok I didn’t know that ...milk in condoms ..

Reactions: The-Gent