Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Meets forum

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by BoltonBiFemCpl, 12 March 2017.

1. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Hi guys. We have just been looking at the meets and events forum and it all seems very random or maybe we are using it wrong. its just a thought but maybe a search option by date or area might be a good idea and also an auto delete of the post once the date of meet posted has passed. It could make the whole thing more user friendly and fingers crossed used a whole lot more. I know your a busy fella so sorry if its already on your list

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Maybe also a club specific thread, i.e., we're going to VA on this date....?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

Hi,
    In the forum you have the option to adjust views from date posted to last post date.
    Unfortunately there's nothing more I can do really to organise it any which way because when people post for meets, people with either respond on the thread or they won't. They may respond privately too..
    But there's not much more I can do really to organise it.
    It's basically up to the thread OP to manage their thread and bump it as and when (if) necessary.
    I'll have a think but in the mean time please use the filters there such as start date, replies, latest post and so on.

We did have it set for specific areas and counties, including clubs too such as Chams or VA or TH etc, but at the time there was no real call for it hence why we have it like that now.

Nothing to apologise for, that's exactly what this area is for Mr B. (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Admin

That can be added easily when creating the post? Such as > post new thread > thread title > VA meet 12th of March .... etc x
    I will get thinking on perhaps a better way of doing it. I'll try and take a think on it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I see what you mean, but was wondering (rambling, out loud) if we were thinking of going to a certain club on a certain night if there would (eventually) be a way of looking for a 'roll call' of other members who may be going? Obviously this would be easier when the numbers on this site grow x

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

maybe the meet date that has to be put in the thread title and maybe the location. dunno just gobbing off

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Sorry did not mean to start a bucket full of trouble for you admin

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Feel the Love Feel the Love x 1
  8. Admin

Agreed. I hear you... I could do thread prefixes where a club entry or 'home' can be selected? So it would be like so;
    New Thread > select prefix > The VA/Libs/Chams etc.. and then added info - GG's birthday bash come and celebrate with us and so forth?
    Would that be of benefit?
    Also members can create events too, and in there you can invite people. By all means please do make a test event or I will make one if you wish and assign it to you, and from there you can invite people? So say you have a select group of friends, you can individually send invites for them to join you in your night out as in your upcoming birthday.
    If you like, I will gladly talk you through it and demonstrate how to do it and you're most welcome to use me or L&P as invitees to the event. x
    Hmm yes could be an idea....

So! How about if I make it so the meets become events within the events calendar, therefore people have to add location, date and so on?
    Some may find that difficult to use, as it's mostly for VIP's and clubs, but it's there to be used.
    Please see here for more and an idea;
    Calendar | Social Swinging-A FREE Swinging Site for Swingers

• Like Like x 2
  9. Admin

Mr B please stop apologising, this is what this area is for and this is why we're here. If people have ideas, then let's hear them and chew the fat over them. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Admin

Thinking aloud; the only issue I will have with this, is separating club events which are public, and personal events/meets which we do not allow to be viewed in the public eye unlike 99% of sites.
    Hmm... Will need to think on this and run some tests. x

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

That looks ace all I would change is that if its not a commercial meet so to speak then make it a different colour but the month by month layout looks brill

• Like Like x 1
  12. Admin

I could most likely add some styling issues for members' meets over commercial events. My main concern is the public viewing of them. As the calendar is public due to clubs advertising on here.
    So perhaps Jo Public could see the event; "Libs 12th of March, BoltonBiFemCpl party with us.." but not see the content when clicked as I could place this in a hidden forum.
    That said, I'd have to really think about that as it's an on/off switch. Basically it is, or it isn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

I will reply with Twist as not got a clue but it all sounds good - sorry my computer tech runs as far as " is it working YES fine No ask someone lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Admin

Ahhh not a problem am just thinking out loud. I will take a fresh look at it tomorrow and see if I can think of a better way, but right now seems to work as it is. The only other option would be to add to the events cal... but then it's a case of trying to make sure people's meets and events don't get in the public domain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

what about leaving the meets bit as it is but add the month by month style to it so we don't have to look through the threads but look at a calendar as in the clubs style. we all know the date we want to meet so it would make life simple. well for us it would anyway

16. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Just had a thought we could post a meet - active members seek active members but may consider semi active members - none active members need not apply

17. Admin

The trouble is, is that I can't just (in basic form) cut it in half and share it? It's either there or it's not. But I will get thinking on it and the best way to approach this.
    The meets forum is pretty much like a diary now; members can make a post for a meet and bump it as they see fit if they need to.
    If people want to attend they will either say so on the post or reply in a PM. That's as basic as it gets and I don't really know how to improve on that, in complete honesty.
    It's quite simple and very easy to do.
    With regards to viewing you have filters where you can select last post, first post, post date, last reply and so on....

• Like Like x 1
  18. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Sorry I think maybe your not getting me - first post and so forth mean nothing as I could have posted it 12 months ago its the meet date we are interested in

19. Admin

Yes I do completely get you and what you are saying.
    What I am saying is however, you can use the filters to see the dates where the meets where added and when the replies were made. So if next week and the last reply was yesterday, if you click sort by latest posts, you'd see it.
    However a calendar is most likely the best way forward but I have to consider whether or not it's publicly viewable etc.

20. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

got you and no for sure we would be aiming at full members only

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Admin

Which is the problem, so I would really need to work out the best way of handling that. I will try some tests this week and see what I can do. (y)

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Miss-Sexy-Legs

Miss-Sexy-Legs Moderator Staff Sprtr

Surely the purpose of having this public is so guests viewing will take an interest in what the site as to offer to members new and old and encourage them to join , you can as many have already done , create your own thread regarding meets either club or private in genaral chats hence it stays with members of ss only

• Like Like x 2
  23. BoltonBiFemCpl

BoltonBiFemCpl PV Sprtr

Thanks for the new meets section on the forums admin we have posted on it so lets see what happens. Just 1 change and not sure you can do this but could you make it so the poster can then delete or at very least amend the post once its no longer valid.
    On second thought maybe leave the post visible (to encourage others to post) but make it clear that the post has expired so folks don't waste time reading it. I know the other shitty site has a lot of bad things about it but the meet listing part works really well don't you think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Admin

Yes I agree and this definitely needs looking into.
    I also agree that, that IS one thing that does work well.
    So what I need to do is think about how we do this but also yes agreed, the idea to lock threads or allow deletion of, when the date has passed etc.
    I'll definitely be making modifications to this with a view to improving the overall usability for all. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Admin

I'm working on things as we speak and I tend to agree with this;
    It will not be doable to add such things to the calendar unless we make the threads private and in doing so, we then lose valuable data for the clubs - who need the publicity of their events.
    The only option I can see that's viable right now, is adding prefixes and giving members the option to lock their own posts in the events and meets section once the time duration has passed.

Also I could look at building or adding a separate calendar but that again would mean manual assignment to the calendar from posts.

Okay so my thought process really on this is;
    Post a meet > get the link > add the link to your status > even sticky it if need be. This is the whole process and point.
    Couldn't be much easier really...
    When viewing the meets forum, select viewing options where you can use filters to find what's needed.
    I will still think on this, but there is no real easy and clear cut way to do this without affecting something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice