Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Members Search, Map And Location

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by Admin, 15 February 2017.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

Hello Sexy Peeps,
    Okay as mentioned in this thread Location and here too Manage Your Location there is a slight bug that we're working on, that some of you are aware of.

It's long winded and pretty (very) complex so I won't bore you with the details.
    However, I am doing something today that will not show some people's location on the popup overlay for some time. This is temporary while I re-enable our location services with Google.
    We use tools which check your location so you can use auto-complete location when filling in your location either as an amendment to your account, or from when joining.

So this will be a temporary adjustment and I am hoping to have a full fix to the bug by this week.
    (members joining and having blank locations)

By doing this now, it means members locations get added to the members' map and members' search page.
    As we use Google API, we're limited to max request queries of approx 100 per hour. That means only 100 members per hour will be re-assigned to the search pages but only if they're not currently on there.

I hope this makes sense, I've tried to think of an easier way to explain it and hope this helps.
    The search and map will play a little catch up while I roll something out quickly, until I have sorted the issue more permanently.
    Thank you all
    Admin x

• Like Like x 3
  2. Admin

I will add, that redoing your location may help aid things along too.
    You can do so here;
    Manage your location

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miss-Sexy-Legs

Miss-Sexy-Legs Moderator Staff Sprtr

Always fiddling with ya bits &bobs :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Admin

This is true! :D
    Been ongoing for a little while this one though, and finally am getting closer to finishing it all off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Therapon

Therapon Admin Admin Sprtr

Wonder if he can fiddle dual location for me :D.
    Only joking @Admin

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Miss-Sexy-Legs

Miss-Sexy-Legs Moderator Staff Sprtr

Split personality more like you nutter x

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Admin

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice