Mobile Chip And Pin Help

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
S

Scrumps

Good morning all. I'm looking to get a mobile chip and pin machine. (Yes, I accept all major credit cards).
Does anyone know if it's better to go with your bank or someone like Worldpay? There seem to be a whole raft of different fees and packages and some of the charges are more than a bit ambiguous.
It's for hubby's work; he tunes pianos as his day job and I'm sick of cheques going in the bank and having to wait forever for them to clear. I'd rather we earnt the interest on it than the bank.
Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Okay this is a very good question and I know two people who could assist,
@Steed99 and my lovely @Pearls what I also know is the costs are very high and for the first few months it will cost you through the nose with fees and percentages, but after that will be easier and more convenient for people to pay - so may actually increase turnover.

Reactions: Therapon
S

Scrumps

Okay this is a very good question and I know two people who could assist,
@Steed99 and my lovely @Pearls what I also know is the costs are very high and for the first few months it will cost you through the nose with fees and percentages, but after that will be easier and more convenient for people to pay - so may actually increase turnover.
Thanks Admin. Always good to chat with people who have actually used a product.
My bank couldn't tell me how much the charges would be. I can't fathom their attitude, because why buy a product without knowing what you're signing up for. Sigh...

Reactions: Admin and Therapon

Steed99

Oldest Swinger In Town
15 September 2015
City
Kettering
At work, we only have a fixed terminal provided by Barclaycard that costs us about £40 a month unless anyone pays by credit card in which case it also costs a percentage of the transaction. We get many offers from other providers for the mobile units but have never really needed to follow them up. I would just suggest shopping around and speak to other people that use them. Also be aware that the security compliance can also be an an additional cost (Barclaycard use Security Metrics in the USA).

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
There are many offers with banks so shop around, the company are a pain with credit cards and every time a transaction is done with one you are charged from 2-5%, try and avoid or add the charge, debit cards are free across the board, this annoys me when shops charge you for the use, I know it is free.
Streamline is who we used to use and are very cheap and have an excellent customer service, hope this helps xx

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
PayPal offer a mobile unit now purchase for about 69.99 the 2/3% thats all I think if you have a business pay pay account but check what mobile you have works on above Iphone 4 s and certain other androids. We purhased unit but was not told not work on Blackberrys sent back got refund

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
There are many offers with banks so shop around, the company are a pain with credit cards and every time a transaction is done with one you are charged from 2-5%, try and avoid or add the charge, debit cards are free across the board, this annoys me when shops charge you for the use, I know it is free.
Streamline is who we used to use and are very cheap and have an excellent customer service, hope this helps xx
Oh and another is Cardsave which is UK based xx

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
I used to use Streamline/Worldpay in vehicles mobile units rental £40.00 a month per unit then percentages taken off and I diagree that it does cost to accept a card American Express the dearest in charges but they have lowered ther fess now and also you dont have to wait 3 weeks lo

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
I now use the PayPal ops and request a payment for a booking via a email paypal request when someone books a vehicle and wishes to pay by car. if I issue a payPal request payment say for £260 I think I pay a tenner for the fee thing but no £40 + for rental. Mobile units can be very expensive also be careful they sign u up for 3 years got the Tshirt lol

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
At work, we only have a fixed terminal provided by Barclaycard that costs us about £40 a month unless anyone pays by credit card in which case it also costs a percentage of the transaction. We get many offers from other providers for the mobile units but have never really needed to follow them up. I would just suggest shopping around and speak to other people that use them. Also be aware that the security compliance can also be an an additional cost (Barclaycard use Security Metrics in the USA).

Steed Yes very very good point about compliance now as yes extra charges and you have to subscribe something to do with fraud prevention. Another reason why I said enough enough lol I had units mobile years ago and chip in pin only customer had to be present which was good then new compliance and more charges Be careful peeps. As stated sent all my units back and use my business PayPal account now not ideal for some may be but invoice receipt all produced and workks well for us xx

Reactions: Steed99 and Admin

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
Yes of course, @Fetishswingers have a few fingers in a lot of pies, I'm sure your advice is most welcomed.. :)
Damned card price charges.. grrr

It a bit like putting someone on PAYE it cost me to enploy them lol Ni contributions extra on top of what tey are deducted etc lol
It doesnt sound a lot say £2 from every £100 but does add up still pf the card transactions costs. Sorry Ms Pearls If I made you feel I trod on your toes or giving my opinion my darling, not intended Alan x

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
Good morning all. I'm looking to get a mobile chip and pin machine. (Yes, I accept all major credit cards).
Does anyone know if it's better to go with your bank or someone like Worldpay? There seem to be a whole raft of different fees and packages and some of the charges are more than a bit ambiguous.
It's for hubby's work; he tunes pianos as his day job and I'm sick of cheques going in the bank and having to wait forever for them to clear. I'd rather we earnt the interest on it than the bank.
Any thoughts would be welcomed.
I think PayPal may work very well for you ?
Your Husband can advise customer when leaving the price same as bring the check home but instead you just send over email with there email address via PayPal for payment instant sorted in the bank within 2 hours they say but my experience 10 -20 mins or sooner if customer pays request instantly on request. Happy to talk to Hubby on phone and explain or give a 1p demo request sent to you via my paypal account lol Alan xx

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
S

Scrumps

Thanks for all the advice guys and gals. I will have a chat with his Lordship. His customers (particularly the rich ones) are the worst. They ask to be invoiced. It's amazing how they suddenly lose their Coutts chequebook when it's time to pay.
His transactions are typically £55 per piano tuning. At least he knows where they live if they don't pay.

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Thanks for all the advice guys and gals. I will have a chat with his Lordship. His customers (particularly the rich ones) are the worst. They ask to be invoiced. It's amazing how they suddenly lose their Coutts chequebook when it's time to pay.
His transactions are typically £55 per piano tuning. At least he knows where they live if they don't pay.
People with money never like to pay, i have seen it so many times xx

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015

Hey Ideal had same probs here in Saffron Walden Well you send them PayPal invoice request when he gets home no excuse about a check book lol and you can off a discount to say if they pay within 30 mins of your PayPal request you just add on and get back to your price you want if you follow lol xx