Obesity

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Yes it's on the increase in our country.
Should we be funding help or is this something that it's a case of sort it out yourself with diet and exercise?
Is being over weight personal choice?
What about the increase in certain cancers due to being over weight?
Are our children becoming over weight due to lack of exercise because of Xbox Controllers?

Reactions: MP386
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Being someone who has always been over weight it is something you can try to control as with most things it takes the will to do it ...
A few years ago I reached 16 1/2 stone the heaviest I had ever been ...i am not one for exercising and I do like my food ... so for me it had been a case of cutting down and exercise as such through working... I now fluctuate around the 13 1/2 stone Mark have found it difficult to get lower sometimes ... so as with smoking,drinking,taking drugs it’s a choice that can be managed if you want to ...

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I know, ours are :eek:
Ours aren't. All of our children are a healthy weight in fact and two of the lads are both avid gamers :).

I'm overweight but I can't blame my Xbox. It's all my own bad eating habits (portions too large, dodging the veg and eating at silly times). I can't even blame alcohol because I don't drink very much (it's probably been at least a month since I last had a drink).

B x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Ours aren't. All of our children are a healthy weight in fact and two of the lads are both avid gamers :).

I'm overweight but I can't blame my Xbox. It's all my own bad eating habits (portions too large, dodging the veg and eating at silly times). I can't even blame alcohol because I don't drink very much (it's probably been at least a month since I last had a drink).

B x
Worse thing we ever bought and the Play station, it's the new drug for kids (n)

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Worse thing we ever bought and the Play station, it's the new drug for kids (n)
Where's my disappointed button gone? :(

Gaming gets a bad undeserved rep to be honest.
Yes they are designed to be moreish. You are dripped small acheivements, a little at a time to make you have one more turn....... but so is cake! ;)
The trick is not to eat the whole cake in one sitting..... it's the same with video games (y).

Now if you don't mind, I've had to pause Mario to reply to this :whistle:.

B x

1522855111704783412771.jpg

P.s I wasn't joking :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Where's my disappointed button gone? :(

Gaming gets a bad undeserved rep to be honest.
Yes they are designed to be moreish. You are dripped small acheivements, a little at a time to make you have one more turn....... but so is cake! ;)
The trick is not to eat the whole cake in one sitting..... it's the same with video games (y).

Now if you don't mind, I've had to pause Mario to reply to this :whistle:.

B x

View attachment 51891

P.s I wasn't joking :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
Are those dino slippers :D

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
We are both quite active in our work and eat very well so its the drink we have a battle with but would rather eat well and keep drinking.

T

The_Bibas

Society fast food ,processed ready meals, the kardashians and general fear of saying that someone is overweight are all at fault .
I don't have the time.
I work long hours
I am tired looking after the kids.
Bla bla bla .
Although I accept certain thyroid issues and eating disorders, most people are lazy and live on the wrong food that is full of sugars that burn fast and makes you more hungry . Too much salt that stores fat and too many carbs that need to be burned off with exercise....
I have little sympathy .
Stephen hit 16 stone before I met him and used all the above ...
4 stone lighter, fit and full of energy all because of the right foods . Yes we drink . Lots.. Wine and dine out two or three times a week . Eat biscuits, crisps and shit . But 80% is fresh prepared food....
You really are what you eat

Xxxbibaxxx

24 November 2015
I work hard rushing here and there walk nearly everywhere unless its out of town , I do not have one ready meal and not much by the way of processed food stuffs in my house I do prepare fresh and I do a lot of baking mainly everyone else eats it but im still of a big frame ,
What gets my goat is when you see people with young kids in pushchairs handing them fatty foods, crisps and the like while they're out ,then hear them moan a few months down the line saying nothing fits my child he/shes got really fatter ,duhhhh stop throwing crap down their necks so much and cook proper food for them

Reactions: Baldrick
T

Terryg

Isn't everything in life a personal choice?
Do we not have members who would come into the "obese" catagory?
Do we not have some that smoke?
Do we not have some that enjoy a drink?
Do we not have some that have mental issues.

Maybe we should care more as a society rather than criticsise.
Just a thought.Tx

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Isn't everything in life a personal choice?
Do we not have members who would come into the "obese" catagory?
Do we not have some that smoke?
Do we not have some that enjoy a drink?
Do we not have some that have mental issues.

Maybe we should care more as a society rather than criticsise.
Just a thought.Tx
I’m classed as obese
I like a good wine
I smoke
Love a bacon butty
We only live once though eh. :D

T

Terryg

I’m classed as obese
I like a good wine
I smoke
Love a bacon butty
We only live once though eh. :D
Yep.. we all have choice!!
I'm probably everything above but a smoker!
I'd rather find the good points of a person than to critise..
Tx

D

Deleted member 9976

As an adult I was of the lifestyle where breakfast was for wimps, lunch was for lazy people getting off work, dinner was something you
ate late at night after drinking and smoking in the pub and then overeating as you where starving, result
fat ending up being clinically obese and finally Diabetic 2, lack of libido and a general slob.
The fix, started with inevitable Metmorfin and revised eating habits, now just eat regularly, little and often
not rocket science, libido back lost 3 stone, still feel as if I am eating more, next step is some exercise now and again.
Never have but advise includes no take aways, minimum fat foods, minimum sugar, min alcohol,
and of course no smoking.
Was I really that illusioned ? yes....not now.

D

Deleted member 9976

Add
No biscuits,
Eating between meals.
It used to be a mug of tea and a packet of biscuits.
No Mayonnaise.
It used to be spread it like butter.

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 9976

Obesity was not my personal choice I was simply ignorant and into an up the pub lifestyle
what a waste of time.

19 March 2015
Obesity was not my personal choice I was simply ignorant and into an up the pub lifestyle
what a waste of time.
That's how it was though Bobby. I think in this regard, and also with your previous posts, times have changed with staying in the pub all night then going home to a big heavy dinner late at night etc.

D

Deleted member 9976

I still have a bacon butty but not two or three and not every week.
I still drink wine but not every week.
We only live once but lets make it better quality.
The smoking thing, worse critics are ex smokers like me who used to smoke whilst drunk whilst eating
not just between courses, smoking - the most important thing I gave up.
Found my self in a brand new hospital recovered from concussion and opened my clothes locker,
the stink of fag smoke made me sick and I stopped smoking straightaway eventually, thank goodness.
The smell of a passing French Fag or Swiss Marlborough is still delicious but nothing about smoking now appeals.
Just Saying....