Omnicron

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
17 September 2020
Omnicron is a mild version of Covid apparently, is it really worth putting restrictions on everything again ?

Reactions: Pearls
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
From what I’ve read this “mild” story has originated out of South Africa where it’s summer and also the population is younger so probably not be best comparison with this country….. symptoms be milder in those properly vaccinated and boosted …. If you haven’t had any jabs I’d say good luck ?…

17 August 2021
Everything is relative.
Mild, compared to what?
Severe, compared to what?
People die every year from the regular flu, but we dont lock everything down.
When a doctor gives you medication that might kill you, he has to weigh the odds of the medication killing you against the odds of your disease killing you.
He has to decide if it is worth the risk.
But with this virus, for some reason, no one wants to weigh the risks, they just want 100% protection from the virus.
And the world is trying very hard to eradicate the virus even though man has never eradicated a virus in the history of the world. A virus is intelligent. If you make an effective vaccine the virus doesn't die, it waits untill it finds a way around the vaccine. The last big one, i think it was 1919, after a vaccine it kept trying to attack and failed for about 40 years. Then it met a virus which could get past the vaccine, but could kill us. The 1919 virus took the one part that could get it past the vaccine and attacked again, causing another outbreak. The 1919 virus is still out there. Covid will always be here.
Many make the argument why should you lock down to stop the spread of something that you cant stop the spread of?
If you are that afraid of death then you shouldn't be having sex with strangers. Not only could you catch a sexually transmitted disease you could also catch covid or the common flu. Or thier spouse could catch you and kill you.
Or the club could catch fire.
Here in the US states operate like separate countries. Each can have laws that differ from other states.
The states which locked down and imposed heavy restrictions have higher rates of new cases than the states that were not that strict or didn't lock down at all.
I think, when compared to everything else that could kill us, there is no reason to lock down or have heavy restrictions.
The benefits are minimal.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Everything is relative.
Mild, compared to what?
When a doctor gives you medication that might kill you, he has to weigh the odds of the medication killing you against the odds of your disease killing you.
But with this virus, for some reason, no one wants to weigh the risks, they just want 100% protection from the virus.
And the world is trying very hard to eradicate the virus even though man has never eradicated a virus in the history of the world. A virus is intelligent. If you make an effective vaccine the virus doesn't die, it waits untill it finds a way around the vaccine. The last big one, i think it was 1919, after a vaccine it kept trying to attack and failed for about 40 years. Then it met a virus which could get past the vaccine, but could kill us. The 1919 virus took the one part that could get it past the vaccine and attacked again, causing another outbreak. The 1919 virus is still out there. Covid will always be here.
Many make the argument why should you lock down to stop the spread of something that you cant stop the spread of?
If you are that afraid of death then you shouldn't be having sex with strangers. Not only could you catch a sexually transmitted disease you could also catch covid or the common flu. Or thier spouse could catch you and kill you.
Here in the US states operate like separate countries. Each can have laws that differ from other states.
The states which locked down and imposed heavy restrictions have higher rates of new cases than the states that were not that strict or didn't lock down at all.
I think, when compared to everything else that could kill us, there is no reason to lock down or have heavy restrictions.
I agree, I do think we aren’t being told the whole truth either x

13 August 2015
City
Liverpool
Everything is relative.
Mild, compared to what?
Well said.

If lockdowns would prevent overwhelming the NHS (and I've heard it's already close to being overrun as it is), then I'm all for it. My concern is that I don't think any of us have any faith in this government anymore, they've been incompetent throughout, at best - hesitating when decisive action was needed and turning blind eyes to the people in charge flouting the rules.

19 March 2015
Everything is relative.
Mild, compared to what?
I agree. 100%.
If lockdowns would prevent overwhelming the NHS (and I've heard it's already close to being overrun as it is), then I'm all for it.
Agreed.

26 July 2016
Omnicron is a mild version of Covid apparently, is it really worth putting restrictions on everything again ?
I wouldn't say mild as such but milder just as safe sex is in't safe but safer. For those that suffered badly with the Delta variant of Covid they will probably fare slightly better with Omicron and those that brushed Delta off as nothing more than a cold will probably not even notice they have the Omicron variant potentially spreading the virus. Just because it's milder and recovery rates are faster does not mean we should not take it seriously, remember its more infectious with the potential to overwhem the NHS indirectly causeing more deaths because there isn't enough staff to treat them.

NB. it's quite surprising the number of what we these days consider minor injuries and ailments can actually kill you if you don't get medical attention.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
17 August 2021
Well said.

If lockdowns would prevent overwhelming the NHS (and I've heard it's already close to being overrun as it is), then I'm all for it. My concern is that I don't think any of us have any faith in this government anymore, they've been incompetent throughout, at best - hesitating when decisive action was needed and turning blind eyes to the people in charge flouting the rules.
Same problem here in the US.
We dont have national health system, but everything we do have still can get overwhelmed just like a national system. When one hospital gets full during an accident that injures many people they send them to the next nearest hospital.
But, lockdowns haven't worked yet, so why do it again?
As for trusting the government , we had a presidential election in the middle of covid. The guy running against the president said Everything the president did to fight the virus was wrong and dangerous and racist. He even said the vaccine was not safe. As soon as he got in he did everything the sitting president did. And even scolds people for not getting the vaccine because they think it is not safe.
So, was the new president lying when he was running for office, or is he lying now?

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls