On the change

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
As my dear nan would say. My dad would often whisper to us “give your mam some space as she’s at that age” ?

Yep the menopause ?

From a bygone era where it was hushed and shoved under the carpet, to it being a popular discussion.
As a lady of a certain age and reach this crossroad in my life, I’ve embraced the changes and focused on the positives ? I’m sure Mr A would elaborate more there ?

So ladies, should we share our experiences as a support?
What about hubby/partner. How do you feel about your loved one with such changes. You may be living in the shed perhaps ?

The topic of menopause has now been brought up in parliament where a new policy is being pushed for ladies to have time off work due to the menopause. Support groups online are being created.

I personally think these women need to get a grip and get on with it, I know our grandparents would be thinking the same. We’ve had the debate of time off for women with periods so where will this end?

I’m starting to feel ashamed of the female race, it seems there isn’t enough attitude of get on with it.

But that’s just me and an old fashioned attitude to life.

Over to you guys and girls ??

L

LizandChris

In two minds really, I can see the shut up and get on with it point, but also if we can be more understanding of what others are going through and make allowences, dosent that make us kinder?
We are very supportive of some things nowadays, mental illness, disabilities, and so on so why not the menopause too?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
In two minds really, I can see the shut up and get on with it point, but also if we can be more understanding of what others are going through and make allowences, dosent that make us kinder?
We are very supportive of some things nowadays, mental illness, disabilities, and so on so why not the menopause too?
I’m just old fashioned I guess and have the approach of get on with it. I certainly wouldn’t dream of taking time off work, other issues that people have then I agree but are we turning into a wrap everything or everyone in cotton wool? Then that’s my approach things. I just get on with it. ??

D

Deleted member 10361

What we have to remember is that everyone is different and deal with things in different ways. I was made to have a forced menopause earlier on in the year 3 months prior to my hysterectomy, up until this point I had been discharged from Gynaecology saying my “issues” were not Gynae related and I should be seen by Orthopaedics for the pain in my groin area that seemed to come on every few weeks with pain so severe I was beginning to rely on Morphine just to try and function day to day.
My bloods showed CR125 for Ovarian cancer, and scans showed an enlarged womb so the injections started and within 48 hrs I was a different person, emotional, tearful, insomnia, hot flushes all the time, I became snappy and awful to live with, even contemplating suicide as a way out of this hell I was in!
I had my op in June and immediately felt well after, all those feeling have gone and I feel back to my “old” self, except I’m not. I have distanced myself from so called friends who said they’d come visit-take me to lunch and have been no where near. My hubby has not been near me for fear of hurting me or is it that he no longer fancies me? I have no idea.
Some will sail through it and some won’t, we just need to be aware that everyone is different and may need a little more support❤

26 October 2018
What we have to remember is that everyone is different and deal with things in different ways. I was made to have a forced menopause earlier on in the year 3 months prior to my hysterectomy, up until this point I had been discharged from Gynaecology saying my “issues” were not Gynae related and I should be seen by Orthopaedics for the pain in my groin area that seemed to come on every few weeks with pain so severe I was beginning to rely on Morphine just to try and function day to day.
My bloods showed CR125 for Ovarian cancer, and scans showed an enlarged womb so the injections started and within 48 hrs I was a different person, emotional, tearful, insomnia, hot flushes all the time, I became snappy and awful to live with, even contemplating suicide as a way out of this hell I was in!
I had my op in June and immediately felt well after, all those feeling have gone and I feel back to my “old” self, except I’m not. I have distanced myself from so called friends who said they’d come visit-take me to lunch and have been no where near. My hubby has not been near me for fear of hurting me or is it that he no longer fancies me? I have no idea.
Some will sail through it and some won’t, we just need to be aware that everyone is different and may need a little more support❤
Thank you for sharing that and *big hugs* xx

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015

Hopefully things will get better for you, it may take time but you will get there (y)

9 January 2018
City
Norwich
I think it's a great idea to bring it out in the open. Debs is going through this now and can't wait for it to end. Mind you, work colleagues telling her they suffered symptoms for over 10 years doesn't really help :palm:

What would be good is to hear ideas on how we guys can help? I've got used to sleeping with my head under the duvet when the fan is on :)

26 October 2018
I think it's a great idea to bring it out in the open. Debs is going through this now and can't wait for it to end. Mind you, work colleagues telling her they suffered symptoms for over 10 years doesn't really help :palm:

What would be good is to hear ideas on how we guys can help? I've got used to sleeping with my head under the duvet when the fan is on :)
Just assume everything you say or do from now on is wrong ?

L

LizandChris

As said before, everyone is different, Liz hardly noticed it, I'm usually very sensitive to moods and I certainly didn't notice any change, something brought the subject up and she said something to the effect of glad it's over!
Some will have a very very hard time, some won't, you can't take the pain but if you do everything you can to help her then she'll get through it

9 January 2018
City
Norwich
Going through the change isnt pleasant for anyone ,women get mood swings and the other family or friends usually get the brunt of it ,HRT helps to take the edge off the hot flushes i believe

Debs has been told that HRT makes the whole thing last a lot longer and a quick survey of the women she worked with seemed to confirm that. As a result she didn't go on it and the hot flushes subsided after a couple of months. I can sort of see the logic, a bit like taking "cold remedies" extends a cold from the normal 9 days.

24 November 2015
Debs has been told that HRT makes the whole thing last a lot longer and a quick survey of the women she worked with seemed to confirm that. As a result she didn't go on it and the hot flushes subsided after a couple of months. I can sort of see the logic, a bit like taking "cold remedies" extends a cold from the normal 9 days.
HRT helps with mood swings plus and i know this first hand it reduces the production of eastrogen so those females who have had cancer lessen the risk of it reoccuring as they go through the change

19 March 2015
I've tried to keep up.
What can I say, I is a busy man...

So I have learnt, and very quickly I may say;

Yes means no.

A little unhappy means fekin enraged.
A bit sad means end of the fekin world.
Pissed off at me means; I am dead..... Like, tomorrow.
Heat means sweats which means I freeze.

She is my lil radiator...
But basically, "I'm not hungry" = I'm starving feed me.
"Nah I don't mind you going out for a drink with the lads" = fucking hell no!
"Okay, I am really sorry for saying or doing (something naughty) honest" = fuck off like fuck I am hahaha ? = oh great! ?

Comfortable = fat. Just DO NOT. EVER!!!

Cuddly = fat SEE ABOVE BRETHREN ^^^

Jolly.,.. (Oh my gawd you don't get it do ya... :( )

Erm. Oh and now and again, if you have any spare cash that isn't going on;
Primrose evening oil.
Essential Oils.
New Bedding.
Flowers for every, single, fucking room,
Cuddlies.
Andrex.
Chocolate.

You may have a pint. Or 4.
But ONLY if you cuddle on the sofa and watch some shitty Chic Flick you always hated, but now you "love" uhu... ??

Fuck the menopause!

It's literally;
Men On Pause!!

Arrrggghhhhh