Organ Donation

• Thread starter No longer with us
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
N

No longer with us

Wales have an opt out scheme for organ donation... should the rest of the United Kingdom follow suit ? Would you donate your organs but haven't got round to filling in a card ? Your thoughts !!!

D

Deleted member 1030

Wales have an opt out scheme for organ donation... should the rest of the United Kingdom follow suit ? Would you donate your organs but haven't got round to filling in a card ? Your thoughts !!!
If there's anything left of me that can be used, bloody well use it. I'm not going to need it. I think I'm registered for donation - but I'm not sure tbh.
Yes, it should be an opt-out system, rather than an opt-in one. Many, many lives could be saved.

24 November 2015
I carry an organ donor card also a blood donor card as I have AB+ blood group which is a universal plasma donor as well and yes I give both every few month's

M

meet_the_fockers

Ahhh yes they can have all of me, although they might throw bits back.
Both myself and mr F are doners, i say both.
Mr F has been lucky enough to have been the recipient, of a donated cornea, and will need another. We are eternally grateful, without these he would have been blind.
And alas once you have recieved an organ you are no longer able to donate. :(
My body will be going to medical science. Xx

M

Mel007

I'm leaving all of me to medical science.. the reason being that everything I have a liver function test or a scan on my liver ... which I have had.. my liver is in perfect running order.. in fact it is do good they always comment on its clarity . I drink like a fucking fish and have done from the age of 10.... !!!!!!!! It's a mystery !!!
And they can have all my other bits as well... all aranged

N

No longer with us

All responses are fantastic ... I personally think that it should be an opt out scheme as I'm sure there are many out there that would donate but have just not got round to filling in the card/form myself included although my family knows my wishes !!
It's a subject very close to home as Mr H is in stage four kidney failure and although he is stable at the moment the next stage will be dialysis and transplant, so it's great to read your responses :love::love::love:

M

Mel007

I believe that if you would be prepared to take a n organ if the need arises then you should be happy to carry a diners card and be on the register ..... simple .. .and loads of love to Mr H... xxxxxx

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I look after a lovely man that's on dialysis. He lost his own kidneys 20 years ago but soon had a donated kidney that worked up till 3 years ago, good going for a donated organ. He will not be going for another transplant as we have come to the conclusion that the risk is worse with transplant for him than keeping on dialysis.
Without a donor I would have never met one of the funniest kindest and most generous people it has ever been my pleasure to fall in love with. My bits will certainly be going to someone who needs them because of this... If they aren't too pickled first of course.

Neil xxx

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Like Neil has just said he looks after a lovely man who is my cousin on dialysis and he really is the most lovely man. I was born with 4 kidneys and it took lots of doctors visits before I was referred to the hospital that's when it was discovered. Was a big operation to have the extra ones removed and I actually still have 2 and a bit kidney's but as all was going well they didn't remove it. It took weeks of being in hospital and I nearly didn't wake up after surgery. The surgeon said at the time to my mum that I was one hell of a fighter. I was about 8 at the time and I don't have any problems. I am on the donor register they can have what's useful as it won't be any good to me.

Vxx

M

meet_the_fockers

Like Neil has just said he looks after a lovely man who is my cousin on dialysis and he really is the most lovely man. I was born with 4 kidneys and it took lots of doctors visits before I was referred to the hospital that's when it was discovered. Was a big operation to have the extra ones removed and I actually still have 2 and a bit kidney's but as all was going well they didn't remove it. It took weeks of being in hospital and I nearly didn't wake up after surgery. The surgeon said at the time to my mum that I was one hell of a fighter. I was about 8 at the time and I don't have any problems. I am on the donor register they can have what's useful as it won't be any good to me.

Vxx
What colour are your eyes :D
I want green for mr F's :D xxx

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Was drawing up Wills with the other half a couple of years ago. We're not married and it's better to have such details nailed down. So we're into the bit about funerals and bodies and she says that they can have all her organs. I reply and say they can have whatever of mine is still working - except for the eyes. Got a bit of a thing about that.

She shoots straight back - "Is that so you can see Hell?"

I :love: this woman!

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Was drawing up Wills with the other half a couple of years ago. We're not married and it's better to have such details nailed down. So we're into the bit about funerals and bodies and she says that they can have all her organs. I reply and say they can have whatever of mine is still working - except for the eyes. Got a bit of a thing about that.

She shoots straight back - "Is that so you can see Hell?"

I :love: this woman!

I was the same not the eyes why I don't know but if there is a way of coming back, yes i believe in the after life and reincarnation so I want to see where i am going :D

Vxx

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I agree with the opt-out system and I'd perhaps be quite strict with those who did opt out if they needed organs. Then again, I'm the recipient of a kidney transplant from a living donor so my opinions are skewed. I'll tell you what, those who don't want to donate would maybe change their mind if they walked through a dialysis ward one day.

What a lovely set of people you all are by the way. There are 2k people needing kidneys right now in the UK and they'd all be pleased to hear your positive opinions.

I think anyone who wants to opt out should walk through a dialysis ward before they sign anything because i am sure they would change their minds. The best of luck with your new kidney and i hope it lasts you several years :love::love:

Vxx

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
All responses are fantastic ... I personally think that it should be an opt out scheme as I'm sure there are many out there that would donate but have just not got round to filling in the card/form myself included although my family knows my wishes !!
It's a subject very close to home as Mr H is in stage four kidney failure and although he is stable at the moment the next stage will be dialysis and transplant, so it's great to read your responses :love::love::love:

good luck to Mr H and I hope he avoids dialysis for some time :love::love:

Vxx

26 July 2016
I think it's about time we switched to the opt out system. I'm not just saying that because I could do with a new kidney myself. I've been lucky with my first 2 transplants, first one in 1983 was donated by my Mum. I only did about 12 months on hemodialysis but god it was rough for me back then. 13 years later and back on dialysis for a couple of years before transplant number 2 followed by a good couple of years before that failed. I've now been back on dialysis for longer than I care to remember, 13 years of which I've done my treatment at home and all the time waiting for transplant no. 3. Dialysis for me these days I can do standing on my head, the machines and treatment have improved dramatically, it's more of an incovenience in that I'm stuck for hours attached to a machine. It's not all been plain sailing the renal failure has made other medical conditions worse and the rate at which I recover reduced, 2015/16 where particulerly bad years so much so that I nearly said enough is enough and stop my treatment, 2017's been better.

One reason I think we should change to opt out is that the number of available organs has fallen thanks to road safety. It's all well and good saving lives on the road but it has a knock on effect, less potential donors ending up in ER those RTA victims that do end up in ER more will recover and leave hospital, the unfortunate ones who will never recover are often suffering from such severe internal injuries that major organs are unusable for transplantation, the few where organs could be recoverd face the ultimate hurdle, next of kin, many refuse because they are unaware of their loved ones wishes. Opt out won't totally solve the next of kin issue but may help.
DSC_0003.small..jpg

D

Deleted member 6684

Always opted in to donate and have also expressed in my will that my body gets donated to Medical research and education if organ harvest is not possible.

D

Deleted member 6127

Yes. I carry a donor card. If there is anything reusable then I will be shocked Cxx