Poly Relationships

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I know this has been discussed but I’ve been reading an article this morning about this and how popular it’s becoming, the term throuple is now commonly used along with quadoupling, what I did read was the age group is between 22-25 and being most popular but not just for sexual reasons, finances are also a factor. Raising families can be easier!
Is this the future?
Is it something you would consider and can three or four people love each other equally?

8 July 2018
Yes, it’s something I’d consider!
However it comes down to the age old question of everyone in that relationship being 100% open, honest & trusting each other!
:tiphat:
Tiger xx

Reactions: AutumnH
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I know this has been discussed but I’ve been reading an article this morning about this and how popular it’s becoming, the term throuple is now commonly used along with quadoupling, what I did read was the age group is between 22-25 and being most popular but not just for sexual reasons, finances are also a factor. Raising families can be easier!
Is this the future?
Is it something you would consider and can three or four people love each other equally?
I’m not sure it would be for me ...yep Neanderthal Man :p although did they have more than one mate at a time :rofl:.
I guess it could work if everyone was honest about their feelings for each other , sometimes it’s hard enough to get one partner on the same page .... let alone multiple ones ..... financially it probably makes sense .... but sounds a bit complicated to me .....

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I’m not sure it would be for me ...yep Neanderthal Man :p although did they have more than one mate at a time :rofl:.
I guess it could work if everyone was honest about their feelings for each other , sometimes it’s hard enough to get one partner on the same page .... let alone multiple ones ..... financially it probably makes sense .... but sounds a bit complicated to me .....
I’m sure cavemen took more than one wife, some tribes have up to 15 at a time :eek::cool:

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
D

Deleted member 1463

Sounds complicated. Although less chance of having to constantly do the dishes. :p

Reactions: Therapon
10 July 2018
Is this the future?
I’ve considered it on occasion, in the long ago, after I was asked if I was interested in it by two people in long term poly relationships.

But considering it was as far as I got.

The level of emotional commitment in a proper poly relationship - as opposed to merely being part of an open relationship - would probably always make it a non-starter for me.

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
You know I've had a two triads in the last 7 years.

Mine wasn't about finances, but I can see how that could be a factor..

Poly can be very fulfilling x

26 October 2018
It is kind of a dream of mine as there are so many advantages, but the rules would have to be clear, understood and adhered too, or issues could arise !

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
It is kind of a dream of mine as there are so many advantages, but the rules would have to be clear, understood and adhered too, or issues could arise !

I kinda disagree. It depends on your style of poly. If you are talking about an equal, non-hierarchical then you have to be careful that rules aren't in place just to protect what you see as the "more important" relationship. The existing/original relationship, is normally the protected one. Otherwise, the "rules" are the same as in a normal relationship with two peeps.

If you're hierarchical, that's a whole different ballgame, and one you still have to be sure you aren't emotionally hurting your partners by enforcing rules on them, that they haven't had at least a heads up on. Some rules will be rules that they don't get a say in, ie.. No fluid bonding outside of primary partner.. Some will still need to include compromise.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I kinda disagree. It depends on your style of poly. If you are talking about an equal, non-hierarchical then you have to be careful that rules aren't in place just to protect what you see as the "more important" relationship. The existing/original relationship, is normally the protected one. Otherwise, the "rules" are the same as in a normal relationship with two peeps.

If you're hierarchical, that's a whole different ballgame, and one you still have to be sure you aren't emotionally hurting your partners by enforcing rules on them, that they haven't had at least a heads up on. Some rules will be rules that they don't get a say in, ie.. No fluid bonding outside of primary partner.. Some will still need to include compromise.
Do think a new relationship formed as a three works better than a couple bringing a third into the relationship that’s already formed and solid?

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
Do think a new relationship formed as a three works better than a couple bringing a third into the relationship that’s already formed and solid?

depends on the people involved. I've been the third to two couples. One of them was more ready to open their relationship, and aware what they wanted then the other.
I imagine 3 new people coming together is a huge amount of effort of building the relationship between A&B B&C C&A and A&B&C.
Whereas is A&B are already a solid relationship, the focus can be more on building C&A B&C and A&B&C. As well as maintaining A&B's relationship. Because existing relations change when a new relationship is added to somewhere.

Both will be hard work, and need a lot of patience and compromise on everyone's end

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
depends on the people involved. I've been the third to two couples. One of them was more ready to open their relationship, and aware what they wanted then the other.
I imagine 3 new people coming together is a huge amount of effort of building the relationship between A&B B&C C&A and A&B&C.
Whereas is A&B are already a solid relationship, the focus can be more on building C&A B&C and A&B&C. As well as maintaining A&B's relationship. Because existing relations change when a new relationship is added to somewhere.

Both will be hard work, and need a lot of patience and compromise on everyone's end
I get that. Is it something you would embrace again? :)

Reactions: Deleted member 6485