Recognising People

• Thread starter XX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
X

XX

Here's a question for you all.

Have you every recognised anyone you know from other walks of life that you then see on a site, if so how did you deal with it?

We have some experience of it, first couple we knew we just moved past and thought good luck to you, we're all hear for the same reason :)

Second one wasn't so simple as they started messaging us, not knowing who we were, initially we messaged back politely but not leading on, after a couple more messages and after getting over the initial thoughts of 'oh my god, we know them' we decided that it wasn't fair that we knew who they were but they didn't know who we were, so chatted to them online and told them that we had a confession to make and that we actually knew who they were and told them who we were, we then had a good old natter about everything swinging.

They had put their names down for a social (pub type one) but then backed out as they were nervous, we had been to a couple of the socials in the same venue a couple of times before so offered to go with them and introduce them to people. We met up with them and another couple we had met before through the site and had a meal beforehand and then all went to the social together. We didn't really need to introduce them to anyone else at the social as by that time they were more than comfortable enough to mingle by themselves and get to know people.

We're still friends now and keep in touch.

Did we handle it correctly, would you handle it differently or any other experiences like this to say that it'll all work out fine?

N & C
xx

D

Deleted member 1402

I spotted a childhood friend, sent her a message and chatted, but kept it at that.
Luckily not come across anyone else.

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

We havent come across any body yet....Theres still time though lol. But i think id take it in my stride and think we are all here for the same thing so deal with it. As long as thy are discreet. We would have to probably say...look we wont talk about what we see and we expect the same courtesy. Xxx

Reactions: Deleted member 3657
19 March 2015
As I've said before...
We bumped into our ex-financial advisor at a swinging social.. I was cool with it until later in the evening I had a text off him suggesting we ring him if we fancied a 3sum. :rolleyes:

I personally think all you did above in those scenarios was fine. It's said you shouldn't even acknowledge people you may know or do know.. But hell if I bumped into someone I know from here in a shop, I think we'd say ello or nod of acknowledgement etc.. :)

25 July 2016
Here's a question for you all.

Have you every recognised anyone you know from other walks of life that you then see on a site, if so how did you deal with it?

We have some experience of it, first couple we knew we just moved past and thought good luck to you, we're all hear for the same reason :)

Second one wasn't so simple as they started messaging us, not knowing who we were, initially we messaged back politely but not leading on, after a couple more messages and after getting over the initial thoughts of 'oh my god, we know them' we decided that it wasn't fair that we knew who they were but they didn't know who we were, so chatted to them online and told them that we had a confession to make and that we actually knew who they were and told them who we were, we then had a good old natter about everything swinging.

They had put their names down for a social (pub type one) but then backed out as they were nervous, we had been to a couple of the socials in the same venue a couple of times before so offered to go with them and introduce them to people. We met up with them and another couple we had met before through the site and had a meal beforehand and then all went to the social together. We didn't really need to introduce them to anyone else at the social as by that time they were more than comfortable enough to mingle by themselves and get to know people.

We're still friends now and keep in touch.

Did we handle it correctly, would you handle it differently or any other experiences like this to say that it'll all work out fine?

N & C
xx
I think I would do the same as you did with the second couple don't know about the meal but certainly go for a drink before hand just so both the other couple/single and i feel confident about it and then take it from there. personaly I would think it would be a lot more easier if it was another male as you could laugh about it and give each other more confidence skool boy style lol

Reactions: Admin
27 April 2015
Hmmm, we've had a few instances, but the people only joined to be nosey on us, our account is open now, to our friends only, thus all the good stuff is all hidden away, but had we known they were here for the right reasons, that could have been so much more interesting xx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Hmmm, we've had a few instances, but the people only joined to be nosey on us, our account is open now, to our friends only, thus all the good stuff is all hidden away, but had we known they were here for the right reasons, that could have been so much more interesting xx
This was edge of the seat stuff I can tell you! :eek:
Was funny afterwards of course.. :D we all saw the funny side of that one later on down the road I think. ;) x

Reactions: The-A-Team
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Finally the last person I was involved with, I had first started talking to on fetlife (I think it might of been somewhere else) and then bumped into each other while doing Christmas shopping. You would be amazed at how often you are the same people around online and various dating sites.

D

Deleted member 3411

I've always thought that if we ever run into someone we know we'll talk and say how what we do here is just between us. As for what happens next? Well that depends as there are some we'd want to be out of sight of, and a few I'm sure Linda and I would love to play with.

M

MickeyBlueBalls

Hmmmm - possibly my worst nightmare due to my work position. But to be honest if it happened I'd be cool about it to them. There's been a couple of times when the subject has been suspiciously brought up but I am who I am and I like the scene therefore wouldn't change anything. Initially would be a little awkward though.

P

peakcouple

We had a message from a couple we had met socially at a Pagan festival years ago, saying they had recognised us from our profile on another swinger site and they'd wondered whether they should contact us. They had no idea we were swingers, and we didn't know they were. We didn't mind at all, and have exchanged quite a few messages since. They're in their 20s, not in our age group so we will almost certainly not play, but it just shows you can't tell who swings and who doesn't.

Reactions: Therapon and Admin
19 February 2016
City
Solihull
I've seen colleagues on another site. I usually just block them as I prefer to keep this side of me private.

It's funny walking past a woman I met when she's in Asda with her kids giving her the nod. Never did believe that her hubby knew.

24 November 2015
I was at a club and my neighbour walked in gobsmacked to see me to say the least as it was a greedy girls night and his missus thought he was at his parents visiting them

26 April 2015
City
Haverfordwest
Recent experience, on another site that I don't visit often, but came across my OH's oldest and best friend! But TBH not a surprise to see him their either!

Reactions: Pearls
P

peakcouple

An unexpected happening last week - we were walking past a close neighbours house, and their camper van was in the road outside. Rose noticed a sticker in the window and when looking at it closer, saw it was from the Ran Du Chabrier, a French nudist/swinger campsite that we've visited. We know them quite well and are wondering if we should say anything!

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
We have spotted a few. The first was a girl we spoke to in a club on sat night and then bumped into her working in a butty shop so we just nodded hello. The second one works in our local chippy but she seems not to be able to think of how she knows us. The final couple live in the same very small village as us and own a club in the area. We have spoken to them in the past at clubs but we all prefer to leave it at that

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
We have spotted a few. The first was a girl we spoke to in a club on sat night and then bumped into her working in a butty shop so we just nodded hello. The second one works in our local chippy but she seems not to be able to think of how she knows us. The final couple live in the same very small village as us and own a club in the area. We have spoken to them in the past at clubs but we all prefer to leave it at that
The best way sometimes. :)

11 September 2016
City
Corby
There is a lady who works for my company's commercial insurance firm that I have met a few times and recognised when I had to go there to hand in a letter. We both just smirked discreetly.

A teacher started at my sons school in the year he left that I had the pleasure of meeting at a club. Again, just knowing glances.

I saw a couple that I met years back, shopping in Ikea one Saturday. They were nice enough to ask me for coffee there & then.