Should Corporal Punishment Should Be Allowed Back In Schools

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Well as per thread title;
Should corporal punishment should be allowed back in schools?
Would it help with today's disrespectful youth perhaps?
Over to you. :D

Reactions: Therapon
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I had the cane, ruler and black board rubber.. We as a class were very respectful to our teachers and did well. Now children are allowed to refuse lessons, refuse a teacher's request, refuse home work. They are now classed as depressed children and if they are having a bad day then they can go off to the xbox room which is room 19 and have some fun and get pizza delivered or request that a teacher take them to burger king. Bless their little cockles ;)

Reactions: MP386
D

Deleted member 6485

I dont think it would make any difference to some of the youth of today. Most of them would simply take the cane out of the teachers hand and attack them with it instead

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I dont think it would make any difference to some of the youth of today. Most of them would simply take the cane out of the teachers hand and attack them with it instead
I think adequate funding for state schools and smaller class sizes would work wonders on discipline, personally...

Last edited:
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I had the cane, ruler and black board rubber.. We as a class were very respectful to our teachers and did well. Now children are allowed to refuse lessons, refuse a teacher's request, refuse home work. They are now classed as depressed children and if they are having a bad day then they can go off to the xbox room which is room 19 and have some fun and get pizza delivered or request that a teacher take them to burger king. Bless their little cockles ;)
Trollololololol!!! :p

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I went to a Roman Catholic school which was all run by nuns, we would have to walk in single file with no talking what so ever. The school was ranked number 1 for many years. This same school is now ranked below 5 and is run by a non Catholic head, there is no discipline what so ever. It is now classed as a mixed religion school but you still have to be Catholic to gain entry :confused: even though they have now built a mosque for prayers from other denominations. I would say the children are now the teachers.

19 March 2015
Trollololololol!!! :p
I actually have a GIF on the server just for that;

Troll.gif

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Saying all that there is a flip of the coin here, taking into consideration the decline of the school we decided to place our youngest boy into a school with a completely different ethos, Which is Live, laugh,learn, love together..
What an amazing school, everything is based on love, no matter what race or religion. The head Mistress is a huge charity worker and has raised thousands for third world countries, do we need corporal punishment back? No, not with the right approach to teaching..

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Well as per thread title;
Would it help with today's disrespectful youth perhaps?
Over to you. :D
Nope and I'll you why, when I was at school (a school that even without corporal punishment had a harsh disciplinary regime, god dam physical detention) one of the business studies teachers I really respected made the claim that children at that time were much more cheeky and but much less naughty, my uncle who's a teacher says pretty much the same thing.

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
I ran a cadet unit, without the use of corporal punishment, my cadets were perfectly respectful. In fact we used to get notes from their schools/parents ect about how well they were behaving. I think it's perfectly possible not to use corporal punishment. I also don't believe it's anyone's right physically punish a child except their guardian. As a child I got a quick smack on the butt if I really really was bad. I can count the times on one hand, but the sharp short shock was enough to stop me doing it again especially when it was discussed after.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
The question shouldn't be: Is it ok to whack school kids? The question should be: Why do school kids behave badly sometimes?

Human psychology is a fascinating subject.

I've done a bit of research into the subject of positive vs. negative reinforcement and when our daughter was 3 or 4, I decided to put these theories into practice.

There were two behaviours at the dinner table that I identified as unpleasant; one was eating with mouth open and lips smacking, and I can't even remember what the other was.

Anyway, the point was that for the first behaviour, whenever the child got it right there would be an over the top, almost ridiculous amount of praise given. With the second, she got a sharp voice and the usual "Don't do that blah blah!"

This experiment showed that the behaviour rewarded with praise was taken up far quicker and more happily than the other was ever abandoned through criticism.

How about that?

Last edited:
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I ran a cadet unit, without the use of corporal punishment, my cadets were perfectly respectful. In fact we used to get notes from their schools/parents ect about how well they were behaving. I think it's perfectly possible not to use corporal punishment. I also don't believe it's anyone's right physically punish a child except their guardian. As a child I got a quick smack on the butt if I really really was bad. I can count the times on one hand, but the sharp short shock was enough to stop me doing it again especially when it was discussed after.
Oh yeah, I'm all in favour of parents retaining the right to smack a child, if they deem it necessary as you know your child and the situation. Every once in a blue moon it might be necessary.

I don't think teachers should get the same privilege

Last edited:
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
The question shouldn't be: Is it ok to whack school kids? The question should be: Why do school kids behave badly sometimes?

Human psychology is a fascinating subject.

I've done a bit of research into the subject of positive vs. negative reinforcement and when our daughter was 3 or 4, I decided to put these theories into practice.

There were two behaviours at the dinner table that I identified as unpleasant; one was eating with mouth open and lips smacking, and I can't even remember what the other was.

Anyway, the point was that for the first behaviour, whenever the child got it right there would be an over the top, almost ridiculous amount of praise given. With the second, she got a sharp voice and the usual "Don't do that blah blah!"

This experiment showed that the behaviour rewarded with praise was taken up for quicker and more happily than the other was ever abandoned through criticism.

How about that?
Spot on, there is no need for negativity, shouting, smacking, you hit a young child then you are only enforcing it for them to hit back. Never let children see or hear any adult worries, show love and positivity, last, communicate any issues without arguing. These are the values of the school our youngest is in. Fantastic school x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Spot on, there is no need for negativity, shouting, smacking, you hit a young child then you are only enforcing it for them to hit back. Never let children see or hear any adult worries, show love and positivity, last, communicate any issues without arguing. These are the values of the school our youngest is in. Fantastic school x
C'mon... every once in a while it doesn't hurt to show who's boss, get a bit shouty every once in a while! :D