Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Site Suggestions & Help

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by Admin, 16 March 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

Yup know all that, just thought it would / might be useful for them that don't want to show they are too keen, but do like a profile, as you know winks are normally seen as a direct sign of interest, and some times, a little less can get the ball rolling far more successfully xx

2. Not going all coy are you.. mr A team ;) :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

Ha ha, Never, don't be daft lol, xx just thinking winks in the past have meant your really keen on meeting up, where's a like is just that and often creates the avenue of chat etc that can then develop, where's an ignored wink can mean no interest, sod off lol xx

4. Guess it depends on your point of veiw re winks.
    All are different.
    If i receive a wink.. i take it as a sign they are interested and would like to take it further.
    Thing is there are profiles, i find imagination, interesting and fun to read!! But wouldnt want to meet up, for shenanigans, if i "liked" them persae.
    The like might be mis-constrewed.
    Hence i like to send a message.. no guessing no wondering needed.. by the recipent. X

• Like Like x 1
  5. Admin

Admin Admin

Indeed, and additionally I forgot to add you can follow someone too, which may also show that you 'like' that profile.
    So there are already, many ways to show someone you are interested. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eg..
    Oooo they like us.. they like..
    No they like our profile.. they dont want to jump your bones.. They just like our profile, or do they?? Maybe they do want to jump our bones?? Oh i dunno..

Rather message.. So theres no confusion.
    Hey fancy a social fun n giggles..just a social we get on n it would be a riot..

Hey fancy a shag..

You know how it goes ;) x

• Like Like x 1
  7. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

And for the confident members here, I could not agree more, but a lot of new members to the lifestyle are a little more reserved and may wish a slower approach and we cater here for new and experienced alike xx

8. And there's those of us who don't really know what winks mean!

(Apologies to all of those who've winked at us and we've ignored!!!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

My point exactly, lots of new members, May not perceive things in the way us that have been around for a little while are used to, all this is very new to a lot of people !! Xx

• Like Like x 1
  10. Admin

Admin Admin

Winks aside, I think there's already sufficient ways and means to let someone know that you may be interested in getting to know them better, to reiterate here are some of the ways to express interest in someone that we already have in place;
    • Winks (a different discussion altogether),
    • making profile posts on profiles,
    • liking profile posts,
    • replying to profile posts,
    • commenting on photos,
    • leaving likes on photos,
    • our very extensive private messaging system,
    • our following system where you can follow someone (in effect liking their profile as they are interesting enough after all for you to follow them),
    • online IM chat (the chat system)
    • forum threads and replying to posts ie getting to know people on the forums etc
    Following someone is ultimately showing an interest as they have piqued your interest enough for you to follow them.
    So I have listed 10 different ways of letting someone know you may be keen to develop things further...
    Probably some I have missed, you get the gist ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

Totally, but then we, as some others here, have the experience, and the confidence, and know the etiquette of these things. It was just a suggestion to try to boost confidence among the newer members amongst us, and those that may want to just like a thing without been too forward too early on xx

12. Yes of course there are lets say a more shy.. group of members but surely..
    We are adults.
    We have the foresight, to know when someone is interested surely? Its not the school yard..
    Someone winks at you at the pub.. in the street, what would be your interpretation?
    As for a like on profile's you have suggested.
    Which is of course what this thread is all about.
    Suggestions, valuble suggestions, something, perhaps weve not though about.
    This we feel is quite pointless and adding yet another tab.. to confuse those oh so timid, easily confused, newbies, isnt going to happen.
    Thankyou for your suggestion though hun. ;) x

• Like Like x 1
  13. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

No worries x

14. The-Gent

The-Gent PV Sprtr

Just a thought could we have a button or whatever so if peeps are ill or away on holiday we can all know and if required sen get well or other?

15. Maybe just update your status? And use your away option.. in PMs x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The-Gent

The-Gent PV Sprtr

Yes but only followers see that !

17. Meandlis

Meandlis PV Sprtr

Unless you've set your profile to private, all members can see your status :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Miss-Sexy-Legs

Miss-Sexy-Legs Admin PV Sprtr

No the only members who wouldnt see your post would be those who are blocked or have blocked

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. The-Gent

The-Gent PV Sprtr

I C but it was really nice one a member asked how I was ! some assumed I had left so just thought as we are a caring bunch, There maybe a way of letting peeps know ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Miss-Sexy-Legs

Miss-Sexy-Legs Admin PV Sprtr

You simply post on your wall I asked how you were back in august you merely liked it but didn't say anything about being away xx

21. The-Gent

The-Gent PV Sprtr

Yes sorry I was in hospital and couldnt get on properly.x

• Like Like x 2
  22. Not sure if this is in the right thread @Admin but I'm not too sure about the new automatic forum post when someone new joins. I like that when I go to "new posts" that I see the most recent to threads I read but now I'm having to wade through countless automatic new members threads. Yeah I know I can skip past them but they're building up and pushing the threads I read on to different pages.
    I get why you've done it, to hopefully get them involved but it's flooded my feed.
    Sounds like a whinge I know, soz.

• Like Like x 3
  23. @The_Bibas is usually the one to mention this sort of thing with her usual charm but thought I might say something lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. Admin

Admin Admin

The problem is, it's actually a useful suggestion made by members (@Baldricknkaz ) which I agreed with and put into play. I know it may mean an extra set of new threads for you, but once caught up on all other content - if you click 'mark all as read' then they will clear.
    As you say, it's a really good incentive to try and get people involved. Whether it works or not is another thing, but of course it's only been running for a few hours so far. It's also, I think, a good indication to members of how many members are actually joining the site daily - even though we're aware that retention can be an issue.

So in short, I know what you're saying as it can quickly fill up the new posts feed, but once you catch up on everything a quick solution to that is to click mark as read and they will then clear for you.
    In the meantime, as it's trialling, I will keep an eye on it (as it's not even 24h yet of running) and will see how quickly it fills up on the new posts and take it from there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Admin

Admin Admin

If the newbies in general do not respond to these posts and threads, then it's a safe bet that it's an unsuccessful trial really.
    All I can add is we will keep an eye and see how it progresses from here really. If it doesn't work then indeed there will be no need to keep doing it, thus stopping the flooding of newbie threads etc.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice