Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today
  • Social Swinging on the App Store Social Swinging on the App Store
  • Statement From Staff at Social Swinging

Discussion in 'Public Forums' started by Admin, 10 July 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Admin

Admin Site Owner Admin

Dear all,

After an inquiry as to our site security protection and user privacy we thought it would be helpful to let all users know our position on it and give you all some idea of how and why you are all protected.

So, to clear any confusion or misconceptions - every site has access to your information, that you participate on. You're on their/our site and using their/our servers to electronically communicate.
      On our site, only the owner/adminisrator has access to this and no one else including moderators.

If someone reports a chat (from the report user/chat button) - because your safety is important to us, and if facing any abuse of any kind, then it needs to be dealt with and swiftly!

To put things into another context, any swinging site like ours who do not view logs when there are issues, is a testament on how 'seriously' they take your privacy and welfare/well-being.

Would you want to be on a site who doesn't check things when a report is made? Or when an incident of abuse is brought to light?

Your safety and security is critically important to us, just as it's critically important to you.

It's safer for you and us as a community to have active administration - and also to check reports as and when they are made.

If you are unfortunate enough to face abuse here (hasn't been any yet) - and complain to one of the administrators, we will act promptly and the admin will review the complaint, review any relevant information, and will have the PROOF that is so often needed in these cases, to sustain your complaint.

This enables us to act promptly, efficiently and can prevent any further abuse that may be ongoing, based on a users' complaint.

We know of too many horror stories from other sites, where administrators do not respond at all, or even respond inappropriately.
      Any member here on Social Swinging, who's spoken to any of the site admins including the owner, will know that we are highly professional and dedicated.

That professionalism is carried though everything we do on the site, from talking to people privately, adding forum posts and topics - to dealing with specific issues and in some cases helping people who are nervous and considering dipping their toes.

We care!

Most importantly, we are bound by the Data Protection Act which means we are bound by LAW to handle sensitive data correctly and anyone caught not doing so, is liable for prosecution.
      You are covered by the Data Protection Act (DPA)

That includes us and anyone who has previously been in the administration team, or anyone who is in the administration team.

So, yes we have access to data just like any other site, but it remains just that - your data. All sensitive material is viewable by one person only and it will remain this way.

• Like Like x 15
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • A standard all sites should be striving for. (y)

• Like Like x 3
        • Lace

Lace PV

Well wouldnt it be common sense to be able to check the chat and I would feel insecure if you couldnt see anything if someone had to report a problem...
          Ive reported problems that Ive incurred from another site and they did nothing and abuse carried on..
          I expect as a swinger to be secure on a site like this and tbh Im yet to see another SWINGING SITE for swingers..
          I had the most awful abuse and not mentioning no names but one in particular I think shouldnt be even called a swinging site...

• Like Like x 7
          • Agree with shiraz here it's common sense and have good trust in @Admin xx

• Like Like x 6
            • TownhouseTwosome

TownhouseTwosome VIP Member PV

We have recently been accused of abusing the personal information of our members. A female who was barred for outing people on the NW scene decided to retaliate and has been trying her best to drag us down at every turn. She accused us on a public forum (another popular site), naming us...the whole nine yards. I have reported this 'lady' to admin several times, begging them to ban her as she is messing with our livelihood and she is dangerous to other members. They still haven't banned her and the last time she tried to accuse us of abusing personal data on a forum, it took admin 6 1/2 hours to take it down!!! In the meantime, I got 41 very concerned messages from members asking for reassurance.

I don't think other sites take the role of moderation and admin very seriously and the bigger they have become, the worse the problem has become. I personally wouldn't be on that other site if I didn't run a club, but it seems that at the moment, it has a huge member database and it would be detrimental to not use the site. I have been telling as many people as possible about this site as it is well run and I would love to be able to turn my back on that other site as it is poorly run, has more timewasters and nobheads than actual swingers and does not take the safety/security of it's members seriously enough.

Could I actually have some of your business cards to put on our reception? It would help to reinforce my sales pitch when talking about your site!! lol
              xxxxxx

• Like Like x 7
              • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

This site is well run and the admins here are amazing in what they do to keep this site safe and secure for all members..
                As for the other site then Mmmm what can I say apart from it needs to change and up their security as more and more horror stories unfold..
                I see from an advertising point of view its a good thing but anything else Its just a sight for wasters and idiots and not for swingers....xxxx

• Like Like x 4
                • Admin

Admin Site Owner Admin

Sadly guys, that's not the first horror story I have heard about clubs on the other site, and how they're treated.
                  I find it utterly abhorrent that this behaviour can be tolerated, and accepted - because it IS accepted as if it's the norm? :eek:

What you've gone through there is shocking to be honest, and as you know - no one cares. No one gives a shit.
                  We do, and we take this very seriously. We've recently been made acutely aware of a very serious accusation from people who simply put, are jealous.. and it's backfired because the people who know, know how serious we are.
                  Wolf and I run a tight ship and we would never jeopardise anyone and anyone's sensitive data/information.

Frustratingly both, I hear you.. It's the same for other social organisers and clubs, the member database there is huge and until such time as we're up there with numbers, we know you guys have to sit tight.
                  Yes we're ahead of the game, by MILES we are... and we have better administration - by MILES again.. but as we're also new both, it's a numbers game too.

but that will come. We all know that and the site is constantly building.

It's for people like yourselves, as a club but as members too - that I/we did this. Because the standards elsewhere are simply disgraceful. We're seriously setting ourselves apart from all the rest and have way way way more to offer. But it takes time.

I feel frustrated for you and for other clubs / venues who have also dealt with the wrath of the gods on other places. I really do. Hence why I go out of my way and more to help clubs. Because there IS an alternative..

haha yes will do, bless you thank you so much. We have plenty of cards and will gladly send some out to you both, thank you so very much xxxx :)

• Like Like x 3
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

Very true indeed xx

• Like Like x 1
                    • This site just has a different feel to it compared to the other site. You communicate with members which is great! If people do make mistakes they need to know why so that they can avoid in the future.
                      I received alot of abuse on that other site over the years; reported it all and put in a complaint with their admin. They threatened to throw me off! Why? If you go in a shop and get rubbish service you complain or it happens again and again.

• Like Like x 5
                      • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

Thats shocking and we have suffered the same abuse..This will not be tolerated here and we look after everyone and if you recieve any comments that you are unhappy with then tell us immediatly and it will be sorted..
                        So far we have had no issues and hope it will stay that way xx:love:

• Like Like x 1
                        • Admin

Admin Site Owner Admin

Indeed, the whole creation of this was because of the levels of inactive administration and moderation, with regards to abuse and bullying. This is something we won't tolerate and it will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

Thank you for the kind words, we have set the site in one direction and 'she' has stayed on the right path - which is what I/we always wanted. A safer, more friendly, relaxed and fun environment for swingers or people new to the scene/lifestyle altogether.

As for throwing you off for complaining about someone.. say no more. Sounds like the typical iron fist bully boy tactics that they not only use on members, but on clubs too.

Exactly, in a shop you wouldn't put up with it, so why tolerate it on a site. This is something I can't fathom out.
                          Well, you've had Lidl's - now have some M&S (as far as sites are concerned - you deserve it!!) ;) x

• Like Like x 3
                          • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

Nice way of putting it @Admin :love:xx

• Like Like x 2
                            • Lace

Lace PV

I feel for you and I was abused and stalked on a most not so fabulous site and the admins did nothing..It got so bad that I had to get police involved and left the scene until I found this place, Im glad I did and the admins here are amazing and not only do they look after you but are great fun also...

@Admin @Pearls keep up the fantastic work and am sure this will only grow with the most amazing people xxx

• Like Like x 3
                              • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

You are making me blush and stop we love our job and meeting all you sexy peeps :love:xx

• Like Like x 1
                                • Yes definitely prefer the M&S of swingers sites. Now if you could arrange it so I could buy my M&S hold ups direct from here it would be perfect. Lol
                                  As it happened the other site permanently banned me in the end for putting up a forum post asking why they were removing posts about removing a club listing without explanation. Very Judge, Jury and Executioner mentality.

• Like Like x 3
                                  • Admin

Admin Site Owner Admin

Miss Chellsterfem, I shall work on your request and let you know.. My black hat is renowned and so far knows no boundaries ;)

Yes I saw a LOT of people being banned, even though they are apparently reneging - as a club or member, and as a result of their actions, I would now know exactly what they think and how they deal with things.. so would err on the side of caution if your name does get thrown into the hat, for ban lifting.

And yes a very Judge, Jury and Executioner mentality. Can't say much, but I was amazed at the response and sheer amount of locks, removals and bans... o_O
                                    Iron fist.

You won't face any of that here, unless it involves abuse or anything derogatory etc..

• Like Like x 1
                                    • The whole swinging ethos should be about meeting friendly, like - minded people which has always been my experience in the many clubs I've been too. Thankfully this site upholds that ethos perfectly. :)

• Like Like x 2
                                      • Admin

Admin Site Owner Admin

Thank you. We have had this ethos from day 1. And we will never let it go and become conceited, nor complacent.
                                        We try very hard to maintain it and with the right handling, the right staff, the right people on board - we won't lose sight of it and it will always remain this way. :) x

• Like Like x 2
                                        • Vex

Vex PV P

Thanks for reassuring your members. I greatly appreciate it! :)

• Like Like x 2
                                          • TownhouseTwosome

TownhouseTwosome VIP Member PV

From day one, the admin on this site have just got it right. They are out there and with us on forums, joining in on discussion and are a friendly presence. Everybody gets a lovely welcome and it is sincere.
                                            I have every faith that this will continue as the site grows, which it inevitably will!
                                            xx

• Like Like x 2
                                            • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

Thankyou so much both xx:love:

• Admin

Admin Site Owner Admin

Agreed thank you both so much for the very kind words.
                                              Exactly, we will participate in everything, this is what it's about.. :)
                                              Thank you so much for your continued support. xx

• Like Like x 1
                                              • Vex

Vex PV P

Completely agree! I was lucky to meet @Admin on another site before I became a member. He's awesome and the attention to the site really shows. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
                                                • Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Admin

You soppy bugger xx:love::love:

• Like Like x 1
                                                  • Vex

Vex PV P

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
                                                    Thread Status:
                                                    Not open for further replies.
                                                    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                                                      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
                                                      Dismiss Notice