Swinging: let's find a definition.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 1030
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1030

There has been a lot of talk, over the past few years, as to what constitutes a swinger. Are single guys/single girls/singles in general swingers? Are the polyamorous folks swingers? Is BDSM any part of swinging? Are the younger swingers getting it all wrong or simply redefining it?

The dictionary says;
informal
a person who engages in group sex or the swapping of sexual partners.

Wikipedia says;
a non-monogamous behavior in which both singles and partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.

Urban Dictionary says;
a person who dates/sleeps with multiple people at the same time.

(which sounds tiring, to be fair)

So, what do we say? I'm sure that the SS Massive can come up with something a bit closer to our own experiences.......

19 March 2015
There has been a lot of talk, over the past few years, as to what constitutes a swinger. Are single guys/single girls/singles in general swingers? Are the polyamorous folks swingers? Is BDSM any part of swinging? Are the younger swingers getting it all wrong or simply redefining it?

The dictionary says;
informal

Wikipedia says;
a non-monogamous behavior in which both singles and partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.

Urban Dictionary says;

So, what do we say? I'm sure that the SS Massive can come up with something a bit closer to our own experiences.......
How about; (as merely a suggestion to get things rolling..)
Sexually liberated, sexually free, open-minded people who are within a relationship or even single and being active 'swingles', who enjoy sex with other people - in ALL forms. From foreplay to full sex.
Excellent thread tbh, thought provoking.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury

The dictionary says;
informal

Wikipedia says;

Urban Dictionary says;

Dictionary definition = ok
Wikipedia def. = meh - do you have to be in a committed relationship although the recreational aspect is important
Urban dictionary = on the money, as per.*

* It doesn't have to be tiring but requires a fair amount of organisation :)

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
For what it's worth, my Encyclopedia of Unusual Sexual Practices (a bit old now), defines it thusly along with wife swapping, group sex, martymachlia and ochlophilia:

"...Humans, like other species, can experience a high level of sexual energy from an environment where they hear, see, touch and smell others engaged in copulation. The opportunity to engage in sex without the usual commitment or intimacy likewise relieves pressure for many... [talks about ancient religions, orgies and fertility rites]

"...There is a diversity of establishments, individuals or groups that support this activity. They range from sex houses, special group sex cruise ship excursions, hot tub parties, S&M clubs, fetish clubs, gay baths, nudist colonies, gang bangs, religious rituals and intimacy workshops..."

I think the aspects of
  • non monogamous
  • recreational fucking
  • multiple partners
are all important.

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
How about sexy couples/ singles fuck everything that moves if consent given :D

Vxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Does the label really matter we don't care if you call yourself a swinger or not so long as our definitions of a good time align it's all good by us it's like the define bi debate it doesn't matter just enjoy yourself
Ah.

I agree with the first part of your statement, ie that swinging's just a label and it doesn't really matter what you call yourself so long as we're all having a good time...

But...

I would say the definition of bisexuality is a little more political, as it struggles to assert itself against prejudice. Sexuality isn't a matter of choice, unlike who you choose to shag.

D

Deleted member 9925

Ah.

I agree with the first part of your statement, ie that swinging's just a label and it doesn't really matter what you call yourself so long as we're all having a good time...

But...

I would say the definition of bisexuality is a little more political, as it struggles to assert itself against prejudice. Sexuality isn't a matter of choice, unlike who you choose to shag.

But the key message is why do we need to label people based on their sexuality surely it doesn't matter werwenot trying to ignore a sexuality or trivialise it but we do wonder why people feel the need to attach labels to sexuality

D

Deleted member 1030

OK a few good points, so far. However, this is not about putting labels on people, it's trying to find a working definition of swinging. There are often disagreements about what a swinger is, who should be involved etc., so let's teach the lexicographers something for once. After all, we're the people that know :D

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
OK a few good points, so far. However, this is not about putting labels on people, it's trying to find a working definition of swinging. There are often disagreements about what a swinger is, who should be involved etc., so let's teach the lexicographers something for once. After all, we're the people that know :D
I have no clue what it is, I was simply led down a path of debauchery :whistle: