Tech

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
27 September 2015
Thought it might be an idea to start this ?
We all from time to time have techs questions, with such a vast array of members I'm sure someone will have an answer
B

Reactions: Admin
18 July 2015
Im still using pens and pencils and have no clue with technology, this will be good for all that need advice and good idea @Bonker

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Aye good idea.. I am a huge tech buff and love the stuff.. I suffer gear lust for tech I will admit.
But always good to have this at hand.

Mr Bonker you have me so intrigued..... ;)
Anyway good call!! (y) If anyone needs help or questions I am sure this will be the go-to place to be!

Reactions: Respect2017
27 September 2015
Techy tip #1
iPhone users, as we all know flash player does not work on a hand held iOS device.
Puffin Web Browser on the App Store
The link will take you to the App Store © to install the Puffin Browser, there are others out there but this one does what it says on the tin
B

27 September 2015
Techy tip #2
Here's a fun one.....nossy spouse/partner? Always asking where you've been? Caught them browsing through your phone?
Did you know your iOS hand held device keeps tabs on you?

Try this: Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations>Turn-Off

Stay Sneaky
B

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I'll also add to this if I may;
iOS photo locations - aka Geotagging... Turn on or off. I personally *highly* recommend setting this to OFF, otherwise people can easily track your location;

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Camera>Select if you want to use geotagging “While using the app” or “Never.”
I highly recommend never and not allowing geotagging on your photos and videos etc.. ;)

Reactions: Bonker

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Yes, this is very good advice!
Onion and TOR next Mr Tech boffin? ;)
Very good advice indeed, VPN is the future peeps. Don't get watched by Big Brother...

27 September 2015
Yes, this is very good advice!
Onion and TOR next Mr Tech boffin? ;)
Very good advice indeed, VPN is the future peeps. Don't get watched by Big Brother...
Yup, there are 'other' methods but this will serve most needs
B

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Yes I know, I mean are we doing that next? I'm all ears if so.. :D
Agreed though, this is a must if people value privacy. We have a LOT of connections here via VPN's and Proxies.. (y)

27 September 2015
#4 iPhone battery life issues, not really a tip this, but got the new 6s and the battery life has been markedly improved

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
As it happens, iOS9 has made one hell of a difference on battery life on my iPhone 5!
Incredible difference... ;)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
We have voice chat capabilities as it is.. but this is good to keep an eye on definitely. ;)