Threads!

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Do you find that threads give you great insight into other members and their personalities?
I mean, threads are where peeps are able to expressively be themselves in an ideal world, hopefully does here....
So can you sometimes and are you able to see people for who they are and does that draw you then to them as a result?
Let's be honest, some posts in threads can be fkin hilarious. That can capture your imagination and before you know it - you have PM'd them and boom.. it goes from there.
Maybe you find the whole forum experience useless and not needed, but they are there for a reason. Primarily to get people talking and see if there's anything you can bounce off/on with together. Then secondly so you can perhaps, (admittedly the chosen word could be different) analyse someone and see there could potentially be a spark?
Do they serve purpose I think I am asking. Do you use them as a way to 'filter' and see people who may be of interest. :) x

TLDR;
Do threads help you find peeps you're interested in :p x

• Love
Reactions: Skippy01
D

Deleted member 6485

I think you can gather a lot of information about people from their thread postings and by their 'simply getting involved' in threads. They give you a big insight into their personality as well as what they are all about x

Reactions: Leonidas480
F

FreshFunkySLB

Well in this particular lifestyle you have to put yourself out there and not sit permanently in the shadows or you will just be reading everything others are doing while it passes you by. For me they give an insight to so many aspects of someone’s personality, not just the sexual side but the soft, sensitive, funny, intellectual side. The more you join in the more you’re welcomed in and opened up to. It leads to the pm’s which can allow you to give as much access to your personality as you want them to have. But ultimately it’s individual preference and holding back from threads doesn’t mean you won’t still find what you seek as long as you’re honest about what exactly that is xx

19 March 2015
Well in this particular lifestyle you have to put yourself out there and not sit permanently in the shadows or you will just be reading everything others are doing while it passes you by. For me they give an insight to so many aspects of someone’s personality, not just the sexual side but the soft, sensitive, funny, intellectual side. The more you join in the more you’re welcomed in and opened up to. It leads to the pm’s which can allow you to give as much access to your personality as you want them to have. But ultimately it’s individual preference and holding back from threads doesn’t mean you won’t still find what you seek as long as you’re honest about what exactly that is xx
Absolutely precisely this ^^ x

20 February 2018
City
Derby
Definitely. It's much easier to get interaction going on the forums initially. You get a good feel for what a person is like and what they're interested in.

I compare it to meeting someone in a pub / bar / club vs going to their house and knocking on the front door to meet them for the first time!

Reactions: FreshFunkySLB
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
At the risk of being OMG boring :p
Threads help interaction and give a bit of an insight into what we all like and don’t ...
as for finding people your interest in of course,most that use the threads usually stick around for a while and aren’t ships passing in knight ;) spelling :rofl:

Reactions: FreshFunkySLB
19 March 2015
If only some peeps realised, just how much interaction you can get when making new threads and posts.
I have started several this evening - as I tend to do.. and my alerts are crazy.
Hell, the other night a simple post or two got us chatting away!
Of course, it works for some & not for others...
But posts, threads and interaction really do help get things going I think.
Just wanted to say that and kind of show the significance of how important chatting away actually is. x

L

Louise94

Couldn’t have put it better!
Xxx

10 July 2018
Do you find that threads give you great insight into other members and their personalities?
I mean, threads are where peeps are able to expressively be themselves in an ideal world, hopefully does here....
So can you sometimes and are you able to see people for who they are and does that draw you then to them as a result?
Let's be honest, some posts in threads can be fkin hilarious. That can capture your imagination and before you know it - you have PM'd them and boom.. it goes from there.
Maybe you find the whole forum experience useless and not needed, but they are there for a reason. Primarily to get people talking and see if there's anything you can bounce off/on with together. Then secondly so you can perhaps, (admittedly the chosen word could be different) analyse someone and see there could potentially be a spark?
Do they serve purpose I think I am asking. Do you use them as a way to 'filter' and see people who may be of interest. :) x

TLDR;
Do threads help you find peeps you're interested in :p x
You can get a lot about someone from their posts, but only the big things: are they funny, smart, interesting? Have they got a way with a turn of phrase; are they demure, or ‘loud’?

And it tells you almost nothing about what they’re like in person. No one can be online in a place like this and hide everything about what they’re like and who they are. But almost no one I’ve met in person - in scene or outside - is identical to their online persona. And you never know, until you meet them, which bit of their personality is the bit they enhance or tone down for their online activities.

Do threads help you find peeps you're interested in
The usual caveats apply.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485