Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

What Are These In Chat & On The Forums

Discussion in 'FAQ's, Help & Suggestions' started by Admin, 19 September 2016.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

Morning Sexy Peeps...
    One thing I am being asked often about, is why people are using so many question marks in chat and is there an issue.
    What's happening is, the person typing is not using our emojis smilar to WhatsApp and Apple's own keyboard set, but instead using other emojis which do not parse (translate) in chat.

So an example could be;
    "Good morning peeps ????"
    When it could/should be
    "Good morning peeps ;) :love:"
    (for example.)

So I would suggest using the emojis in chat or the WhatsApp and emoji keyboard or Apple one.

Secondly, across the forums you may also see these off some members;
    ☺ ☺

These also do not parse (translate) - they will for you if you use them and have them installed on your phone, but they won't for others who do not have them installed.

If you're reading this thread and are wondering what I mean, here's a screenshot of how odd these things look;
    smilie.png

So there we have it.
    The ???? situation is by not using our emojis or say the Apple ones on your phones, and not the person you are chatting to - being offensive through excessive punctuation.
    And
    These smilies on the forums are not parsing (translating) as they are device specific and only work if you have them installed.

Hope this helps.
    Admin :) x

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteLinda

SteLinda PV Sprtr

Just so you know... if I click on that link I get the sign on page same is if I click on someone's who doesn't allow me to view thier profile.

3. SteLinda

SteLinda PV Sprtr

Now it's visible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vex

Vex PV Sprtr

You still can't get the smilies to parse in the chat? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. Admin

No it's not that, it's people using different smilies from their phones such as the default ones in say Samsung Galaxy - they won't parse correctly as they're not on our systems rather, the individuals phone.

Of course parse works in chat with keys etc. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vex

Vex PV Sprtr

Coolness. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Admin

Bump for newbies... :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice