What Do We All Think Of..

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
13 August 2015
City
Liverpool
I actually think it’s a great idea, despite the fact that I’m anti-drugs myself.

It means that cannabis can be taxed and regulated, which brings down crime rates, brings in more money, and is safer.

Reactions: Baldrick
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
As with all things the fine subtly of this is of the utmost importance and I honestly don't know enough about the Canadian law change to pass judgement, but I presume that they're restrictions on the age of purchaser and locations of sale like they are on tabacco and alcohol.

Generally speaking though I don't believe in the prohibition of anything (substances and activities that have a profound and detrimental effect on human health and wellbeing obviously are a different matter) since what it does is often drive said activity underground and in to the hands of the criminal stratas of society.

10 July 2018
Well it's simple really, Canada has made it legal to sell. ;)
Oh, I know that but you asked what we thought of it…

..and in part because I don’t know the advantages and disadvantages, I don’t really have much of an opinion on it :)

Gut says it’s a good idea, but I’ve never been one for thinking gut decisions are inherently right on social policy...

Reactions: Baldrick and Pearls
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing but I would ask are the highs and lows any different to a legally acceptable substance in the UK ..... alcohol?

A valid point but we can say the same about harder drugs too. Should we legalise more drugs?
I would say alcohol (rightly or wrongly) is now embedded into our society/culture. It would be very difficult to attempt to ban it. There would be riots as people sobered up :D. However is that a reason to introduce another damaging substance into our society/culture?

I'm sure I were keeping shtum here :rofl::censored:

X

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
D

Deleted member 1030

Prohibition doesn't work. Never has done, never will. The 'war on drugs' costs billions of pounds, ruins lives, fills up prisons while peados, rapists and murderers walk free and makes criminals into very rich people. It affects the use of recreational drugs not one jot, except to make them more dangerous.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Prohibition doesn't work. Never has done, never will. The 'war on drugs' costs billions of pounds, ruins lives, fills up prisons while peados, rapists and murderers walk free and makes criminals into very rich people. It affects the use of recreational drugs not one jot, except to make them more dangerous.

This is too true as well. There isn't a perfect solution.
Although I can't imagine going to the offie for "a pint of milk, a twix, and an ounce of weed please" :whistle:

X

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Tbh when we found out it had been legalised I thought ah well if it works for you then crack on, then I watched the news and they were interviewing a mental health worker from Canada, he raised some good points that tbh made me chuckle.
1 What happens to road testing for people who are stoned (extra resources will be needed)
2 What about workers, are they going to be in work now stoned, will they smoke a joint in their breaks?
3 Then he mentioned mental health and how much increase in cost for them so they have asked that all revenue from legalising this drug go back into the health system.
Good points raised I think, can you imagine being stoned going to work! :eek:

I have seen first hand what Cannibis can do, it's not pretty but I do believe it has powerful healing properties with Cancer, this is now being used in Germany and The US and has had amazing results in curing some Cancers, something this country shouldn't ignore.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
TherLegs

MOTM

11 December 2016
What happens to road testing for people who are stoned (extra resources will be needed)

With modern technology maybe it's time to fit all cars with a breath/saliva test so that anyone with drink or drugs in their system would not be able to drive the car until sober.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
With modern technology maybe it's time to fit all cars with a breath/saliva test so that anyone with drink or drugs in their system would not be able to drive the car until sober.

Yes now this is something that’s been tested somewhere and I agree it’s sonething that should be enabled/added by default.

Don't quote me but I believe in France it is a legal requirement to have your own personal breathaliser in your vehicle at all times.

Alsi I think having some kind of vehicle immobilising breathalising system is a brilliant idea (y)

X

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
After giving it some thought, I've decided I'm against legalising cannabis for recreational use, but I'm all for legalising it for medicinal use.
Walking around the town centre on a Saturday night or after a big football game is already bad enough with dipsticks fighting in lumps cos they're pissed up, without making access to drugs easier too.

Prohibition doesn't work. Never has done, never will. It affects the use of recreational drugs not one jot, except to make them more dangerous.

But it does work doesn't it, in a fashion. Let's say I'm having a bad day and feel like getting stoned off my nips. It's not like I can I can pop down to Tesco's and buy it is it?
In fact I'm sure I could buy it but it would take me a considerable amount of effort to find a supplier.

Also I'd like to keep cannabis as difficult as possible for my kids to get hold of.

The 'war on drugs' costs billions of pounds,

Yes it does. So does the 'war on guns', 'war on terror', 'war on violence', etc....... Doesn't mean we should legalise it all.

fills up prisons while peados, rapists and murderers walk free

I think it's a slight exaggeration to claim all paedo, rapists and murderers walk free but yes prisons do fill up.
Here's an idea....... With an ever expanding population perhaps we should build more prisons :).

It affects the use of recreational drugs not one jot, except to make them more dangerous.

Well that is each individuals decision to make. Knowing the risks, do you smoke it or not?

In my opinion legalising one soft drug opens the door for legalising harder drugs. Just think how much healthier the population would be if tabacco had never been legal?

X