What Do You Look For In Toys And Lingerie?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

TownhouseTwosome

VIP Member
5 April 2015
I'm after some feedback really guys if you wouldn't mind helping?

Townhouse have been selling toys for ages but we are stepping up a notch and launching our new website Townhouse Toys later this year. What I envisioned was a site that offered high end toys and good quality toys but at a reasonable price. I was also thinking about showcasing some local craftsmen who make beautiful quality BDSM toys.

What I would like to know is, when you look at buying a toy, what sways your decision? Is it price, the packaging, recommendation, the super dooper description and advert, the functions?
What is your favourite toy and why?
If BDSM is your thing, do you buy online or do you prefer to see and feel the goods before purchase?
If I were to offer a small range of lingerie in all sizes, is there anything that you would like to see more of that is hard to come by? Would you buy quality over a cheaper item? What is missing from the market from a consumer point of view?

I have already done some market research and I know a lot already from selling stuff for years, but sometimes you get blinkered and stop seeing things from a consumer perspective, so it would be good to get some feedback.

Over to you and thank you for helping me develop something special

Vicky xxx

M

Mootje

Hello Vicky, and i would like share some with you, hope it might be of any help for you:-
E-shopping is growing tremendously, globally with no boundaries or borders, so i think you might get much more consumers within a reasonable circle range of where you located, which would be normally more than what you are doing now.
I think its how would your website interface look like, easy navigating, clear and simple, the variety of products,the quick good delivery service, u would have to promote it, so it shows up on the search machines in the top 10 at the least in the begining, how much traffic you can get to it, its all about marketing now, if you would ask me..
Hope that is of any help .. xx

M

meet_the_fockers

I'm after some feedback really guys if you wouldn't mind helping?

Townhouse have been selling toys for ages but we are stepping up a notch and launching our new website Townhouse Toys later this year. What I envisioned was a site that offered high end toys and good quality toys but at a reasonable price. I was also thinking about showcasing some local craftsmen who make beautiful quality BDSM toys.

What I would like to know is, when you look at buying a toy, what sways your decision? Is it price, the packaging, recommendation, the super dooper description and advert, the functions?
What is your favourite toy and why?
If BDSM is your thing, do you buy online or do you prefer to see and feel the goods before purchase?
If I were to offer a small range of lingerie in all sizes, is there anything that you would like to see more of that is hard to come by? Would you buy quality over a cheaper item? What is missing from the market from a consumer point of view?

I have already done some market research and I know a lot already from selling stuff for years, but sometimes you get blinkered and stop seeing things from a consumer perspective, so it would be good to get some feedback.

Over to you and thank you for helping me develop something special

Vicky xxx
This i shall get back to..

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
A

Achingmember

Oh my, where to start I would imagine the greatest selling point for any toy is the result you would get from it!! Don't really think packaging is an issues to the market you would be selling to.

In terms of lingerie anything that excentuates the female form!! Personally I have always had a bit of a kink towards see thru stuff especially around the gusset!!!

Reactions: Admin
C

Coupleforfun

I used to have a huge lingerie / clubwear site. My biggest advice is, DO not use PayPal !!! Feel free to pm me if you want to know why.
I actually agree with everything @Mootje has said.
But to answer your questions specifically, Price V functions is important as is packaging. I don't want a company name all over my plain package (though an offer leaflet inside is quite useful especially if its got Fantastic offers and is eye catching).
Speed of delivery is important.
Free gift, such as mints? A tiny tube of new lube? Something that I don't use, but perhaps because I haven't yet tried it? Or thought to try it?
Competition is fierce, so, not only rare products but accurate description's, (as in size / colour etc) when I did it China sizes were all over the place though I know they have improved somewhat.
Real reviews. Not so much on your performance/service but more importantly, the products service / performance. From real people.
Your own pictures of the product. Not stock pictures. What makes you stand out? In a Google image search for example?
I used to sponsor dancers and take pics of them in my gear, found this most useful.
Home parties. Why does Anne summers do so well? They are over priced by miles...yet they are still going strong. So, copy, but personalise / tailor to you?
Hope this helps?
Only a message away if I can be of any use :)
Good luck :)

5 January 2016
City
Santander
Hi yes I agree that the end result for a lady is the most important thing there r so many out there on the market as regarding bdsm gear yes it can be very expensivevmaybe do a primark type range lol no seriously its like a lot of things you get whatvyou pay for .tell me sybian machines I think even though quite expensive I think would sell well x

A

AlphaOmega

For us we much prefer to be able to hold and feel the likes of floggers and impact toys however for things we buy online price is a large motivator.
Myself I would love to find a website that I could buy lingerie easily from, as being a larger girl this can be really difficult, plus knowing that the size you buy is going to be the size you get is good as sidings online can be really difficult to to gage.

M

meet_the_fockers

Steampunk.. beautiful but expensive.. some thing similar at a lower price hun.
unusual different.. as for toys. I only really use mr F..
buy in bulk from china for pennies..
sizes.. im small at the bottom..
when i try to buy, to accomodate my boobs the lower half is to big.
:eek: x

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
M

meet_the_fockers

For us we much prefer to be able to hold and feel the likes of floggers and impact toys however for things we buy online price is a large motivator.
Myself I would love to find a website that I could buy lingerie easily from, as being a larger girl this can be really difficult, plus knowing that the size you buy is going to be the size you get is good as sidings online can be really difficult to to gage.
Exactly i shy away from buying on-line if im spending a lot.. problem being theres not much around on the high street.

D

Deleted member 1402

I'm very loyal to Lovehoney, but I'd be swayed to try elsewhere for hand crafted BDSM stuff. I love suede floggers. Toy wise, they must be silicone, glass, metal or wood and rechargeable. Rubber/jelly toys aren't body safe, so silicone and glass are my top purchases.
Would love plus size latex, PVC or wet look up to 26 or more, it's just so expensive.
Good luck on your new venture x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I'm very loyal to Lovehoney, but I'd be swayed to try elsewhere for hand crafted BDSM stuff. I love suede floggers. Toy wise, they must be silicone, glass, metal or wood and rechargeable. Rubber/jelly toys aren't body safe, so silicone and glass are my top purchases.
Would love plus size latex, PVC or wet look up to 26 or more, it's just so expensive.
Good luck on your new venture x
Have you tried the @ThePantiePurse for clothing hun xx

Reactions: Therapon