What's new
Social Swinging - A Community Swinging Site

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding as well as connect with other members! A safer swinging site.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

What's On Your Mind Right Now?

Pearls

#PearlsTechSupport
The fires here have turned the country red, the streets a cloud of smoke and souls wandering with no home to go to. I am in Victoria, a state larger in size than England, People on the beaches blocked off with fire with only the navy as their rescue out into the oceans, I am sitting here in inner suburbia coughing from the smoke that has drifted across the land into our lungs waiting,praying for rain before the fires from our State merge with those from those around Sydney and become one, not a perfect storm but a perfect fire that has no conscience but built from pure evil.
Keep safe friend. My prayers are with you.
keep the hose on 😘

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
The fires here have turned the country red, the streets a cloud of smoke and souls wandering with no home to go to. I am in Victoria, a state larger in size than England, People on the beaches blocked off with fire with only the navy as their rescue out into the oceans, I am sitting here in inner suburbia coughing from the smoke that has drifted across the land into our lungs waiting,praying for rain before the fires from our State merge with those from those around Sydney and become one, not a perfect storm but a perfect fire that has no conscience but built from pure evil.
Oh mate. I’m so sorry we’re not helping more.
We’ve donated to the Australian fire service and the Wildlife Fund.
It seems for us who can’t physically help, the best way is to donate to the help.
I’ve got some links but maybe what you know may be better.
Seeing Koalas screaming from burns, for me, was extremely difficult to watch. We’re too disconnected because we’re not there.

You say you’re coughing and choking, and I know you’re quite out there too. Are you guys safe, are you family safe?
Sending you as much love and wishes as we can. I wish we, the UK were doing so much more. We should be deployed - you’re our family and I’m disgusted we’re not helping and I’m sorry.
Stay safe okay.

03E3C48F-BE1A-42E1-8F99-8A51FA32AB0E.jpeg

Australian rural firefighting fund donation page;

Okay the funding page won’t load but you can find it through that link ^^

Australia Wildlife fund;

Last edited:

Downunder

PV
Sprtr
The animals, our national animals, don't know how to fight the onslaught of a wall of flames

Here is one from the current fires

Here is a heart wrenching picture from a previous fire
images.jpeg

Pearls

#PearlsTechSupport
The animals, our national animals, don't know how to fight the onslaught of a wall of flames

View attachment 68237
I have no words and wish our donation was much more. I watched the kangaroos running earlier for their lives. 😢

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr

View attachment 68237
I’ve seen so much devastating footage and don’t know what to do or say. I’m angry we’re not helping as a country. Yes money is needed but for fucks sake; we have troops, water cannons, fire engines. We can help but we’re not. It’s terrible. Hope you are okay. :(

Downunder

PV
Sprtr
There is nothing anyone can do...firefighters can't fight this apocalyptic might and nor do they have the energy left other than to use all their training and skills to help those that survive in it's wake.

Many years ago I was caught in the Ash Wednesday bush fires. The fire front travelled at 100kph straight for us across the top of the gum trees with the eucalyptus in each one exploding, all I had time to do amongst the deafening explosions was to look at my mate and simply say goodbye. At the last second the wind moved slightly causing the fire to shift path just to the right of us attacking the next house with a force of destruction I had never seen before or even knew was possible.

The country is burning, the whole country, 30%, nearly a third of the entire Koala population throughout the entire state of NSW, 3 times the size of the entire UK, are dead

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
There is nothing anyone can do...firefighters can't fight this apocalyptic might and nor do they have the energy left other than to use all their training and skills to help those that survive in it's wake.

Many years ago I was caught in the Ash Wednesday bush fires. The fire front travelled at 100kph straight for us across the top of the gum trees with the eucalyptus in each one exploding, all I had time to do amongst the deafening explosions was to look at my mate and simply say goodbye. At the last second the wind moved slightly causing the fire to shift path just to the right of us attacking the next house with a force of destruction I had never seen before or even knew was possible.

The country is burning, the whole country, 30%, nearly a third of the entire Koala population throughout the entire state of NSW, 3 times the size of the entire UK, are dead
That’s just devastating.
So to ask; is it true or false that climate change activists have prevented back burning which would have prevented this?

Downunder

PV
Sprtr
I don't know as the media is the media and who can trust them. At one stage there was so much finger pointing that it seems everyone is at fault, even me for using technology which seems is the cause of all the fires if you listen to some, some say it is all the greed in the world, some say it is the Prime Ministers fault because he was away on Xmas holidays when the fires started and maybe it is the fault of all the mentally disturbed millennials...I know one thing for sure is that the local councils stop you from clearing trees around your house. I have 3x100ft tall gum trees 20feet from my house and I am not allowed to remove them

Welshcouple59

PV
Sprtr

Please stay safe. Family in Queensland are ok, they said they have had a few fires but not on the scale of the big ones. It’s so devastating for everyone xxx M

Downunder

PV
Sprtr
We had a big one that got to 2000 meters from our home and we got the emergency phone warning to evacuate but luckily the fire fighting planes and helicopters were dumping anything and everything on it and only 1 house was lost...I stayed and just watched the roof of the house for embers but luckily none flew this way...so nothing to worry about here other than the lung killing smoke that is all day making it hard to breath. Apparently the smoke is being seen nearly 3,000klm away in New Zealand

Downunder

PV
Sprtr
Over 2,500 homes have been destroyed, 21 people confirmed dead so far which luckily isn't as bad as the bush fires of 10 years ago with 173 fatalities. NZ, New Guinea, Canada and US have sent fire fighters to help but an Australian bush fire is something that is so unique that only Australian fireys (Australia, colloquial for a bush fire fighter) can understand or know how to fight. This is due to the Gum Tree as it is known as nature’s own arsonist ( Eucalyptus trees: nature's own arsonists) and trying to fight a bush fire is like running through a mine field whilst the enemy is shooting at you and firing shells all around you. You just can't fight it and you need to know what it may do every second as it tries to evade you whilst at the same time trying to get you faster than you can even drive in a car away from it. Sending what is called Wild Fire Fighters to Australia to help can only help in the clean up or the aftermath as the absolute most highly skilled and trained Fireys in the world is an Australian Bush Fire Fighter, they are 2nd to none in the world...and whats more is they are ALL volunteers.

In the story above when I was in the Ash Wednesday bushfires, the 2nd worst bush fires ever, after the main front of the fire had gone through the Fireys arrived to help put out the smaller ones around the house. I went into the hay shed to check it and found a firey in their protecting the shed from embers that were still flying around in the air crying his eyes out. I said "you ok mate?" and he replied asking if I knew anything about Cockatoo, a suburb that is about 4 suburbs over from us. I said "sorry mate but the electricity, phone...everything is out so I don't know". I asked him why and he told me his family, his home and everything he had is in Cockatoo and he just wanted to know if his family may be ok.

Here was a Bush Fire Fighter, fighting the fire many miles away from his family and home, helping us out to save our home and family, doing all he could to help and not knowing about his own wife and kids and his own home, belongings and treasures.

The next day I found out that Cockatoo was completely wiped off the map, burnt away, and all I could do was to think about that Firey and what they do. They are true Australians in the spirit of what Australia was built on and there is nothing like them in the world.

Pearls

#PearlsTechSupport
Visibility in my area is down to about 1klm due to the smoke and breathing isn't too good if doing anything strenuous...feels like I am back being a smoker again always clearing the throat...but even inside it smells like you are living in a burnt out house. The Gov has allocated $2 billion towards to it all
Hopefully more will donate b

Colin

PV
Sprtr
My youngest daughter is in south geelong nr simonds stadium and they get drifts of smoke but so far they are not really affected by fire hopefully the rain will come and help dampen down the fire my son in laws family come from lara and are having a bad time with the smoke now and again. Ive told my daughter if it gets to close to her catch the next available flight home

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
This may give you an idea...the size is to scale between Australia and the US...comments from the US have been they didn't know Australia was as big as the US and they can't believe the size of the fires

View attachment 68262
Indeed. I actually did a similar comparison for our sons friend yesterday, who is 11 and has South African heritage. I explained to him the size & scale of it in a similar way ;

F8841E32-FD82-4DF2-87A2-341FA036673E.jpeg E2FB879E-9FF3-4D47-8B1C-4E3733EE0C83.png F3F353E3-CE37-4801-B936-DF7152AACC7A.png

That’s it see now mate, they don’t teach proper subjects anymore even at that age; so they have no real concept of things.

How are things today for you?

Downunder

PV
Sprtr
Much better with rain which helps in the cleaning up after the fronts go through. 3 huge fires up the south eastern seaboard look like joining together which will be catastrophic for all the town's for about 1,200 Kim's up the south east coast. We really have to note the number of deaths. Whilst any death is bad it could have been many hundreds by now but Australias bushfire emergency management systems have worked really well.

The air is much better today in Melbourne although they have issued a respiratory warning for Thur and Fri but whats will help Friday afternoon but they will be bad for the fireys again...thanks for asking

Pearls

#PearlsTechSupport
Much better with rain which helps in the cleaning up after the fronts go through. 3 huge fires up the south eastern seaboard look like joining together which will be catastrophic for all the town's for about 1,200 Kim's up the south east coast. We really have to note the number of deaths. Whilst any death is bad it could have been many hundreds by now but Australias bushfire emergency management systems have worked really well.

The air is much better today in Melbourne although they have issued a respiratory warning for Thur and Fri but whats will help Friday afternoon but they will be bad for the fireys again...thanks for asking
Any ideas on how these fires started yet?

Welshcouple59

PV
Sprtr

I know it’s easy to say from the uk but really hope you stay safe..it’s absolutely devastating what’s happending over there..W..

Welshcouple59

PV
Sprtr
What a start to the New Year. Everyone keeps telling me how much weight I have lost, but I don’t see it myself. Anyway I took the plunge and bought an outfit two sizes smaller than I normally do. Omg......so excited......it fits.
Sorry....... I know this is boring, I am just made up lol xx M

Last edited:

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
What a start to the New Year. Everyone keeps telling me how much weight I have lost, but I don’t see it myself. Anyway I took the plunge and bought an outfit two sizes smaller than I normally do. Omg......so excited......it fits.
Sorry....... I know this is boring, I am just made up lol xx M
That’s superb! Congratulations on you and your willpower. Great feeling isn’t it? Well done x