What's new
Social Swinging - A Community Swinging Site

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding as well as connect with other members! A safer swinging site.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Workplace job post..

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
It's job related. I know.. I'm sorry..
Am just wondering, if your workplace was one of:
games & lots of people ignoring you + maybe some of your mates too,
some of your mates ignoring you,
not a single pay rise in 10 years..
But it's the job you love to do and are proud of your work.
Would you stick it out hoping things will change or walk away and find another new job?

I recall once, I had this amazing job in engineering. I climbed the ladder & very quickly..
But there were tensions between the boss's son and myself. I was better but more humble, they were less able but more boastful.
In the end I walked, as I didn't want the tension.
What would you had done?

Anyway I know it's not swinging related, just looking for opinions.
Thank you. x

Brumcouple2013

PV
Sprtr
Walk away. Health and quality of life is more important.
Was in a very similar situation when I worked in retail management. I was the assistant manager with a husband and wife working in the same shop. He was the manager and she was the senior supervisor. She wanted my job, and between them my life was hell. I transferred to another store before it made me ill.

MP386

PV
Sprtr
It’s not totally the same situation but I do a job I’ve always loved , I don’t get ignored I work mainly 99% on my own ,but the last few months have been more than a struggle than normal to find sufficient work to make it viable ,I’ve considered walking away from the only job I know .... on reflection I’ve decided right or wrong to stick it out and I’ll continue to struggle until it picks up and all will be good again ... I’ve invested a lot in what I do both in terms of money and effort so for me to walk away would be defeatist and wasted the last 38 years of my life ... I may live to regret only time will tell ...

Pearls

#PearlsTechSupport
I did nursing for seven years. A job that can’t be done for money, love it or walk. After working silly hours with not much appreciation and watching people die for so long, it got to the point where I questioned why! Is there an amount of money that can keep you doing a job like that? Nope. I simply didn’t want to do it any longer. There isn’t any appreciation or thought for workers in this field. Just get on with it. It’s only a job.
Or is it?

Welshcouple59

PV
Sprtr
I really love my job but its not getting any easier..everyone speaks to me that’s not the issue..the number of staff has been cut so much it’s barely a skeleton crew..they expect the same amount done though..there’s that many cut backs coming in it’s unreal but there’s no point in walking away because everywhere I deliver to say the same things happening there..it looks like a national thing...to top it all the place is run by kids it I don’t let any of that other me..I will stick it out and see what happens..W..

AutumnH

PV
Sprtr
If you're in a situation like that, the strongest thing you can do is walk away. Your mental health and well being is worth more than your satisfaction from the job.

Enjoying your job is half the battle, having good interpersonal relationships is the other half. Why be uncomfortable or kill yourself in a job when they can replace you tomorrow if you died?

Look after yourself x

Xcommando

PV
Sprtr
As some of you know I spent 22 years in the army , a job I started at 17 years old , I loved it visited many places around the world , met some amazing people , did stuff that people can dream of !! , I was respected and by some held in awe . Then at 40 years old it was all over time served , i found an amazing job but this involved a 120 mile commute on the m25 which I stuck out for 3 years and now just trying to find something I enjoy and look forward to going into every day

I did nursing for seven years. A job that can’t be done for money, love it or walk. After working silly hours with not much appreciation and watching people die for so long, it got to the point where I questioned why! Is there an amount of money that can keep you doing a job like that? Nope. I simply didn’t want to do it any longer. There isn’t any appreciation or thought for workers in this field. Just get on with it. It’s only a job.
Or is it?
Was a care worker
Loved it all.
Went into private nursing
Loved that too till I discovered work mates toxicicity and bullies.
Poor management
I support children n love it n study a degree and want to support them more
I always work with complex needs
Some adults in workplace are bullies

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
It’s not totally the same situation but I do a job I’ve always loved , I don’t get ignored I work mainly 99% on my own ,but the last few months have been more than a struggle than normal to find sufficient work to make it viable ,I’ve considered walking away from the only job I know .... on reflection I’ve decided right or wrong to stick it out and I’ll continue to struggle until it picks up and all will be good again ... I’ve invested a lot in what I do both in terms of money and effort so for me to walk away would be defeatist and wasted the last 38 years of my life ... I may live to regret only time will tell ...
This is gonna sound silly, but do you actually have a website?

Therapon

Admin
Sprtr
I walked but then it was easy for me to do so.

I loved my job and the people I worked with were great. The problem was that the company expected you to do more with less. Trying to manage teams of people based in Scotland, NE England and London, being expected to see them at least once a month, being on call 24/7 two weeks out of four, attending endless meetings all whilst trying to do your own job eventually became a chore. At the same time the company started to move away from annual pay rises to annual targets and bonuses which could cause tensions where targets were not compatible. The last straw, being asked in a very indirect way which of my staff we could lose.
I decided that was me based on the fact I could retire 7 years early, my pension was topped up to cover those years, paid from the day I left and with a nice lump sump. No brainer really.

Welshcouple59

PV
Sprtr
The good thing with my job I’m pretty much left alone..to be honest I’ve forgotten more than the kids running the place actually know..I think cutbacks and staff shortage is a nationwide thing..there all using brexit as an excuse but this decline started way before brexit was heard of..the way the worlds going I might as will be pissed off in a job I actually enjoy to being really pissed off in a job I can’t stand..W.. :tiphat:

If you're in a situation like that, the strongest thing you can do is walk away. Your mental health and well being is worth more than your satisfaction from the job.

Enjoying your job is half the battle, having good interpersonal relationships is the other half. Why be uncomfortable or kill yourself in a job when they can replace you tomorrow if you died?

Look after yourself x
When we gunna be friends? I’ve poked you and everything 🥺

MyKinkyWorld

PV
Sprtr
Quality of life is the most important thing. Actually, doing my job I don't have a high quality of it unfortunately, but I made an effort to get it and have invested a lot in it. So, as for me, I'm in a grey area because I would not like to walk away, but to do it in a different way and in a different Country, maybe not the same job, but something similar in the same field. Besides, and someone might think I'm crazy, I have started studying again to get a second and different degree in a different subject. Maybe I'll do my job forever, maybe not, but at the end of the day, everything depends on opportunities we have or will have in the future.

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
Quality of life is the most important thing. Actually, doing my job I don't have a high quality of it unfortunately, but I made an effort to get it and have invested a lot in it. So, as for me, I'm in a grey area because I would not like to walk away, but to do it in a different way and in a different Country, maybe not the same job, but something similar in the same field. Besides, and someone might think I'm crazy, I have started studying again to get a second and different degree in a different subject. Maybe I'll do my job forever, maybe not, but at the end of the day, everything depends on opportunities we have or will have in the future.
That doesn’t sound healthy my friend. 😕
Good luck on your course though.
I relearnt a few times throughout my life and it gets harder as you get older, but it’s great to career to change. You must do what is right for you.

Miss-Sexy-Legs

Admin
PV
Sprtr
Im currently in the process of changing from night employment to days ,as the supervisor its hard ,talking through the changes with staff,getting them on board with the upcoming changes, but also coping with a stroppy lass at present who seems bent on causing as much chaos as possible makes me think is it really worth it ,but i really enjoy my work and all the other staff , so after much thought i will ride the storm and hope things improve , but ive set myself a cutoff period if things dont improve then id walk away

Lips_Pearls

PV
Sprtr
Im currently in the process of changing from night employment to days ,as the supervisor its hard ,talking through the changes with staff,getting them on board with the upcoming changes, but also coping with a stroppy lass at present who seems bent on causing as much chaos as possible makes me think is it really worth it ,but i really enjoy my work and all the other staff , so after much thought i will ride the storm and hope things improve , but ive set myself a cutoff period if things dont improve then id walk away
Sounds about right I think. See how it goes and if no improvement, then move forward.. x

MP386

PV
Sprtr
@MP386 If you work for yourself try the agency route as a back up dont cost anything joining and theres no limit to how many have you on the books
Thanks it’s what I usually do but it’s been a bit dead lately for an industry that says it’s short of labour ! Makes me wonder ....although I have a couple of things in the pipeline at the moment.

It's job related. I know.. I'm sorry..
Am just wondering, if your workplace was one of:
games & lots of people ignoring you + maybe some of your mates too,
some of your mates ignoring you,
not a single pay rise in 10 years..
But it's the job you love to do and are proud of your work.
Would you stick it out hoping things will change or walk away and find another new job?

I recall once, I had this amazing job in engineering. I climbed the ladder & very quickly..
But there were tensions between the boss's son and myself. I was better but more humble, they were less able but more boastful.
In the end I walked, as I didn't want the tension.
What would you had done?

Anyway I know it's not swinging related, just looking for opinions.
Thank you. x
Our quality of life is important
it either makes us or breaks us
We spend a lot of hours at work so it is more than important to be happy in your job
I have had more jobs than sex not that you would know that information...
3 serious relationships and work I loved working
office job I had and retail
Ive worked for the police as a temp for one day
worked for insurance brokers with the director of Castaway coming into the office
sold mens suits
been in support work for over 12 years
looked after my grandparents on my mums side
worked with some complex sick people but loved it all despite the travelling part and not being able to get to people on time
I supported deaf adults
adults with complex needs
babies
school children
and now ....I work in mental health
My job title now is support worker ...children with complex needs ADHD Asphergers AUTISM and study a degree in child psychology that part I am happy with
sex life is crap
quality of life is okay but I strive to my utmost to make it better all the time

Do not though stay in a job that is making you depressed or stressed or unhappy ...life is for living!

enjoy Nessun Dorma ...no not crazy to study if I can anyone can and I started last year at the age of 48