Biggest Misconceptions About Swinging..

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
9 January 2016
City
Reading
Well I thought this would be a good thread to get going about misconceptions, that people have about the swinging world and swingers.

I think, as mentioned to someone the other day, that some we've come across so far are;
All women are bi.
All men are straight.
Swingers will shag anything that moves.
There's no love or sex left in a marriage so it needs saving and spicing up.
It's sex and only sex, there's no way there can be any connection...

And so many more, but what do you think are the most common misconceptions in swinging?

It's given me a smile reading some of the comments already made, because go back 10 years and I'd have had the same misconceptions - 'keys in a bowl' is a classic :lol:
I would say another one not already covered is that everybody just walks round naked all the time :arse:

I'm glad I've become more educated - if for no other reason than its a bit cold at the moment, and now I've ventured into the 'lifestyle' I'm still allowed to wear clothes (y)

D

Deleted member 1402

In your experience and talking to people who aren't educated in the swingers lifestyle, what are the biggest or most common misconceptions people have?

Mine is, that people think I'll fuck anyone and everyone, that because of my size, that I'm desperate for anything.

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
There's a general consensus that it's potentially damaging to a marriage
There's always that possibility but the same could be said of other hobbies or interests as well. it's the misconception that because your into this life style you will jump on anything and everything and I think it's unfairly more so for the ladies.

Reactions: Miss-Sexy-Legs
D

Deleted member 1402

Or none of us are capable of or interested in having any sort of connection with others beyond "just sex"-- no long term friendships/relationships.

Reactions: Ahabs
T

The_Bibas

In your experience and talking to people who aren't educated in the swingers lifestyle, what are the biggest or most common misconceptions people have?

Mine is, that people think I'll fuck anyone and everyone, that because of my size, that I'm desperate for anything.

I thought everyone would be sexy and young.
But

D

Deleted member 1402

From our view, this has given us an extra boost on our marriage..... even made us stronger and respect each other fully. :)
I've met a hella load of couples, especially socially and they all say the same, it's made them stronger.
There has been a small handful where it has caused problems, but I think the issues were there before the swinging.

Reactions: Deleted member 2610
T

The_Bibas

.....then you come across big hippos like me. :lol: just kidding!

I come across fakes wasters liars and useless idiots.. then just as I say feck it and give up swinging you meet one that renews your beliefs... then he turns out to be a twat
Xxx

D

Deleted member 1402

I come across fakes wasters liars and useless idiots.. then just as I say feck it and give up swinging you meet one that renews your beliefs... then he turns out to be a twat
Xxx
Ah yes, been there myself.
I chose to then be the hunter, which led to me barely swinging because nobody met my criteria. Then I got blasted for being too picky or that I should lower my standards, coz all fat birds are desperate! I'd rather buy shares in Lovehoney and Ann Summers than to lower my standards!

Reactions: Deleted member 2610