Europcar...

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
As some of you know, two weeks ago our car broke down and so we were given a courtesy car from Europcar.
We used it very little, 32 miles in fact - just for essential travelling really.
Anyway we put £10 of fuel in (which easily covered the mileage) and we handed the car back once ours was fixed (2 days later) and that was that.
Then I had an email this week and an invoice for £20 + VAT for fuel consumption, even though we covered the costs right?
So I rang them and disputed the costs. As you do. It's not that it's a huge amount of money, but I feel they were trying to steal money from me (which they actually debited).
Read this...
Email 1
Good afternoon Mr
Thank you for your enquiry received on 4th May.
Having reviewed the query I can confirm our records show the tank was only 7/8ths full when our driver arrived at the collection point to retrieve the vehicle. I have attached the collection form for your records.

I acknowledge that you state you refuelled to the top prior to taking the vehicle to the garage to be collected. I can therefore, only suggest that you contact the garage to discuss this further as they should be aware that the customer would be responsible for any fuel missing from that vehicle.
I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may now cause.
Regards

So I replied;
Hello,
I refute this completely.
Let's do some basic maths.....

You say 10 litres were put in the tank correct?
That's 2.2 gallons of fuel...

It's a Vauxhall Mokka - average MPG = 42-69 ..let's go 50.
We did 32 miles only okay?

Can you confirm the car travelled only 32 miles?

32 miles if average (we're talking average MPG not even maximum) - 50.

You are trying to charge me for 2 gallons of petrol which on an average of 50 MPG would equate to 100 miles minimum.
Correct?

Please work that out and get back to me.
Thanks
Regards

And then I have just had this;
Good morning,
Thank you for your further correspondence to Europcar customer services.
Your query has been passed to me in order to review and respond accordingly.
Upon reviewing this, I would like to sincerely apologise for the previous response sent.

I can confirm that during your hire, a total of 32 miles were driven; therefore as this would not have equated to 10 litres, I have cancelled the invoiced amount.

As the payment was physically debited, this amount has now been refunded. Please allow 3-10 working days for this amount to reflect back onto your card. The invoiced amount is no longer outstanding.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Regards

:D :D
be warned.. always check with them, as I said to them in my reply - my issue is not the money, but the fact they're trying to skim. :palm:
:hmm:

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
That'll teach them to mess with you xx

You're right we do not question enough their practices

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
We had emergency boiler cover and when ours broke down I called them out they went through a series of questions and I confirmed that the boiler had not been serviced. They sent an engineer who said it was a costly job but because it hadn't been serviced we weren't covered. I took a day off work to do this so I billed them for time and they paid up £200.

19 March 2015
That'll teach them to mess with you xx

You're right we do not question enough their practices
Thank you.. :D x
True though we don't... I don't care about the money, it's the practise behind it. A sneaky way to take from our bank and I see it as a form of theft!
We had emergency boiler cover and when ours broke down I called them out they went through a series of questions and I confirmed that the boiler had not been serviced. They sent an engineer who said it was a costly job but because it hadn't been serviced we weren't covered. I took a day off work to do this so I billed them for time and they paid up £200.
Wow!! Go you! x that's ballsy but good on you!

Reactions: Looby&Lew
18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Thank you.. :D x
True though we don't... I don't care about the money, it's the practise behind it. A sneaky way to take from our bank and I see it as a form of theft!

Wow!! Go you! x that's ballsy but good on you!
I just get fed up of people assuming that my time is free xxx

D

Deleted member 3657

I had a car from Europcar delivered to me on a few occasions and for them to collect. The first time they delivered the car, 5 guys got out (all staff) and one of them handed me the paper work and told me the fuel was full. When I turned the ignition it showed half empty. After an exchange of questions it transpired that my car was used to pick up the other staff from their drop off points. A quick call to their head office soon got that sorted and they agreed I did not need to refuel the car as a way of apology.

Another time, over Xmas, they were due to collect the car. I was in Benson, they were based in Oxford. 13 miles away. We had had heavy snow fall and were completely snowed in. I got a call from them informing me that they cannot collect car due to being snowed in also. He then asked if I can take the car to them instead. My response of "let's think about what you just said" was met with silence. He didn't get the fact if he couldn't get out, how the hell would I get in, and then get back out. Eventually spoke to a manager who suddenly realised the situation and sounded quite embarrassed. He did say to me "we will collect at a later date but in the mean time please don't use the car as you will not be insured" to which I replied "seriously??? I'm still snowed in" "oh yeah....."

Reactions: Nigel&Julie

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Ah yes the people who provided a hire car for business travel with a gear stick that dropped out when I put it in 5th gear in the outside lane of the M6. The car dropped into neutral, great fun ....... not.
So I called them and they say that's not possible, my reply,

M

meet_the_fockers

Ah yes the people who provided a hire car for business travel with a gear stick that dropped out when I put it in 5th gear in the outside lane of the M6. The car dropped into neutral, great fun ....... not.
So I called them and they say that's not possible, my reply,
:eek: