Favourite 5 Shows On Tv

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
A

Adam

As we have an option to chat off topic on things, I thought I would ask you what your favourite television shows were currently?

This is mainly because I (believe it or not in this day and age) cannot get a television reception in the new house, and am therefore having to watch television through my NOW TV box which means I can get television but has to be through online and WiFi sources (not through an ariel).

I have always been a bit of a fan of :

1 - First Dates - I love this programme because from the first moment they enter the restaurant its just interesting to see how people approach a first date, and you join them on what could be the start of something amazing...or not lol!
2 - The undateables - I like the fact that this programme brings to light interesting people who are faced with some unique life challenges, but shows them facing life in the search of love (and hopefully finding it)
3 - The Big Bang Theory - Its a great comedy series, but also creates an alternate activity ;)
4 - Gogglesprogs - I have to be honest I was never really a fan of goggle box, but for some reason watching these children and hearing some of their funny comments is just priceless. I have also been amazed by some of the levels of knowledge that they have at that age :)
5 - 24 hours in police custody - This programme while shocking in a number of cases, raises awareness of issues within society that we see everyday and allows a unique insight into how much time and effort goes into fighting crime.

What are yours, and why should I watch them?

Enjoy :) x

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

Ok mine are

1. The Walking Dead
2. Grimm
3. Outcast
4. Waywood Pines
5. The Vampire Diaries

You may notice there is a common thread...horror...blood..guts. its my thing lol xxx

Reactions: Adam
M

meet_the_fockers

Lol telly you watch telly.. blimey something i rarely do anymore... im either in work, on here or in the garden faffin about... xx

Reactions: Therapon
D

Deleted member 1402

1. Game Of Thrones
2. Eastenders :oops:
3. Holby City
4. Casualty
5. BBC 3 Documentaries especially the Stacey Dooley ones

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I don't watch telly, I never get chance but if I do then catching up with Del boy is my perfect evening :D

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

I dont watch much either. I have to record these and it usually takes me 3 days to watch a whole episode lol xxx

Reactions: Pearls
A

Adam

I don't watch telly, I never get chance but if I do then catching up with Del boy is my perfect evening :D

Nice! I finished the entire box set about a month ago - My previous housemates grew to expect me to be watch OFAH whenever they knocked on my door...and most of the time they were right lol! ;) x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Nice! I finished the entire box set about a month ago - My previous housemates grew to expect me to be watch OFAH whenever they knocked on my door...and most of the time they were right lol! ;) x
I have them all and know most of the scripts, epic they are :D

D

Deleted member 1030

We very rarely watch TV progs when they're on, if you know what I mean. We tend to watch iplayer, nowtv etc. Top 5? Hmmmm...
1. Peaky Blinders - believe it or not, only just discovered this programme. It is epic.
2. Game of Thrones - of course
3. Poirot - Lis has brainwashed me with the 'leetle grey cells'
4. The Living and The Dead - just started/about to start on BBC, but has been on iplayer. Quite creepy.
5. Gogglebox - better than most of the programmes that they watch!

Reactions: Adam and Pearls
A

Adam

Greys anatomy - love medical drama

Supernatural - just bloody awesome and mmmm dean

Nashville - great drama and country music

Criminal minds - love seeing the breakdown of serial killers etc

Sons of anarchy - ok not on any more but was just so damn good!

Weirdly dont like uk tv shows, hate reality shows with a passion too, they dumb down the nation and the intelligence levels are laughable really!

Nice choice :) I came across Sons of Anarchy recently and considered watching the entire box set but then didn't know if I should take the plunge?

'Reality' TV has lowered the tone of our society! So called TV 'celebrities' who are famous for doing nothing have become the stars of today??? How did that happen? More to the point, why are people especially the teens of today aspiring to be like them??? Finally...who is to blame for this nightmare? Society, social media OR the people who create the shows??? x

A

Adam

Sons is awesome and has some great storylines in it.

Tbh the people making them and watching them are all to blame, tbh even things like first dates are just as bad since a lot of people who go on there are actually hoping for 5minutes of fame,

Yes I guess I am to blame a little for my interest in First Dates...though I watch it purely to see what kind of people go to the restaurant and if they actually meet that special someone?

I never watch things like Big Brother, or...I don't know what the others are? LOL! x

A

Adam

Tbh its all very set up, they match the people up, sometimes to make drama if they know people will clash etc! Unfortunately most channel 4 shows are faked but a lot believe too much in it.

I just wish they could bring back some of the more family friendly shows that used to be on

I didn't know that!?!? Wow, in that case yes...you've just killed that one for me so well done lol! I won't be watching that anymore!

I miss shows like :

Only Fools And Horses
Yes Minister
Yes Prime Minister
Faulty Towers
Porridge
The Two Ronnies

All British and all amazing!

D

Deleted member 1463

So many good ones ppl. Agree with lots. But in order of fav .. And some are mid season finished for now...

1) Scandal - love love love
2) Greys Anatomy - close second
3) Game of Thrones - will miss it now!
4) Wayward Pines - imagine!
5) The Five - intriguing

Just started How to get away with murder... A theme of Shonda Rhimes I think. X

Not that I have alot of TV time!

D

Deleted member 1030

LOL! You're the first person who hasn't raved about it, but...Im not rushing out to watch either just yet lol!
:D
Don't get me wrong, it was good. Just not enough to hold our attention, I guess. We might go back to it, at some point.

D

Deleted member 1030

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread for two programmes; Black Mirror and Westworld. Is anyone watching these? Both series are messing with my head. o_O
Having seen the first two series of Black Mirror, I knew what to expect - f**ked up morality tales about the dangers of technology - but, since the series has gone on to Netflix, the stories have better production values and, as a result, are a bit creepier.
Westworld - based very loosely on the Yul Brinner film - is much more of a straightforward 'are they human or not/when will the machines take over' kind of trip, with added clues/red herrings along the way. For example, the score is modern music such as The Cure, Radiohead etc. played on the mechanical piano in the saloon. Are the music choices significant? I just can't work it out!!!:confused:

T

The_Bibas

Sorry but I cant join in on this as I rarely watch TV
However I loved
Pipkins
Rent a ghost
Fraggle rock
Rumpole of the baily
And of course crossroads

XxxxBIBAxxxx