• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Favourite artists/groups from what era?

14 February 2017
City
Luton
For me this is so easy to answer,a little bit of Luther Vandross mixed with a bit of Alexander O'Neal, thrown in a touch of Freddie Jackson and I'm there!
80's are by far the best memories I have with music and anything from Thompson Twins, Howard Jones, Erasure to Level 42 and all the New Romantics will have me bopping away!

What's your favourites? xx

Reactions: No longer with us
N

No longer with us

All time favourite has got to be Barbara Streisand
Guilty album is amazing xx

16 October 2015
City
Nuneaton
Late 70's & 80's. The youth of today haven't got a clue what dross they listen to. I can't stand listening to the radio other than Absolute 80's

14 February 2017
City
Luton
As a recovering Goth I seem to have slipped into 90's dance music lately along with Trance as well, but the 80's are a firm favourite; So; pre 80's Pink Floyd, 80's tough - depeche mode, 90's the prodigy!
Nothing wrong with 90's, in fact I'm a secret rock fan! Depends on my mood. Currently blasting out a bit of nickleback before I head out to the gig tonight xx

14 February 2017
City
Luton
Who you off to see?
A blast from the 80's - Howard Jones. Bought tickets for Mr N for Christmas, or it could have been his birthday? Oh well, got him tickets anyway lol
Might be a pile of poo but on the other hand it could be a damn good night xx

15 August 2015
Sorry folks I think the 80s was an era to forget music as well as fashion-wise! The 90s was when people worked out how to make electric music listenable. Indie music and Brit pop far outweighed things too! Chilli peppers still sell out large arenas.

D

Deleted member 3657

I used to be a 70s and 80s original rap and hip hop fan then slowly transitioned to metal. Now I am a big Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal fan. Love Metallica, Megadeth, Rammstein, Slayer, Slipknot but also some classic bands like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. But also love classical music.

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
15 February 2017
City
Andover
Crowded house is by far my favourite group, closely followed by AC/DC and Cathrine Jenkins. It would have to be the 90's music for me as that's when I started driving and could listen to whatever I wanted and as loud as I wanted

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
D

Deleted member 1030

I haven't got a favourite era or, in fact, an absolute favourite musical style (though it's great to see some Northern Soul fans about) but, being an old Mod - the suits and parka type, I mean, not a moderator lol - my true loves stem from that; Soul, R&B, Ska, Revival, Psych etc. However - having lived with bikers and metalheads, spent most of late 80s/early 90s leaving an "important part of my brain somewhere in a field in Hampshire", being in a few diverse bands and being brought up on The Beatles, The Carpenters, Springsteen and Country, all mixed with a fascination for musical history - I couldn't pin down an era or style.

If pushed?

Hmm, OK, I'll go for... er, late Tudor (love those crazy madrigals, man!)

Reactions: Terryg
25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Having a vast music collection due to my love of music and my days as a club DJ I can't say there is an era I like more than another.
I have music from the 40s, 70s,80s,90s and very little from the 00s.

I could probably play fir a week none stop and not play the same record twice. But here are my favorites from the era's I enjoy the most.

Benny Goodman/ Lionel Hampton 1940s
James Brown/ Brass Construction 1970s
Soft cell/ Japan/ Human League 1980s

Also have a big love for Blues and Jazz.

MOTM

9 November 2015
It's probably not difficult to work out that my favourite band is Pink Floyd ... the Wall has always been my go to album .....
Don't really have an era I prefer at the moment Rag n Boneman's album "Human" is one I listen to a lot ...

D

Deleted member 1030

Music can make or break my mood.
It's true, it does.
Back in the day, myself and a few friends were driving from one Northern Soul allnighter in Gloucester, to Porthcawl where there was going to be another. 4.30 a.m. in the morning, knackered and out of 'oomph', my mate stuck a Tamla Motown tape in the player. Within the first few bars of the first song (Needle in a Haystack, I think), we were all grinning from ear to ear and bouncing around said mate's Yugo (A-Gogo), ready for more.

Reactions: Therapon
M

meet_the_fockers

Exactly... xxx its euphoric..spelling? Prob not.. lol

Reactions: Therapon
B

Bump-n-Grind

There's great music from all era's, so it's hard to say just one, I suppose for me personally the 80's, 90's & early 00's for the memories attached.
My music tastes have always been pretty diverse & now things like Spotify has helped it get even more diverse.
Recently I've been listening to Donny Hathaway & quite a lot of Jessie Ware amongst other things

Reactions: Brumcouple2013
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…