Following Not Following And So On.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
So,
Every so often we clear out our 'following' lists.
This means to us, that now and again we unfollow people who we have followed, for the fact they either don't interact with us & our posts or media.. or quite frankly, they don't hold our interest.
Since the creation of this site, ourselves and fellow members have done the same. After all, why follow an account if they show no interest in your posts/media/threads in the first place yes?

So as has always been done, you unfollow inactive accounts or accounts that don't bother.
Do those members then take umbrage that you have unfollowed?
Do they then not realise well; you never bothered anyway so what do you expect...
Or is it a 'social media culture' where following people and allowing them to see your personal photos, is expected anyway as you met, once.. Or never met but should be expected to be followed anyway?

Does it matter anyway? Maybe you wish to safeguard your account?
This has always been a hot topic... so as ever; over to you. ;) x

10 July 2018
Much like my attitude on twitter, where follows are one-way. (Facebook’s different for two reasons: a) any ‘friends’ are bi-directional, b) I’m not on facebook).

I long ago stopped worrying about why someone stops following me unless I’m genuinely concerned I’ve offended them, in which case I’ll ask them. But failing that, if they stop following me because I think they’re bored with my output, or just don’t enjoy it, I always but always figure ‘it’s for the best’.

I’ve got [checks] 7 people who follow me, four or five of who are regular posters. I know a few others have unfollowed after following me, and that’s cool, genuinely; I’d never want anyone following me, or continuing to follow, merely out of politeness. heh.

26 October 2018
Follows for me are a way of ensuring that I don’t miss a post from someone that I like, or admire for their sensible and not so sensible posts!
If someone unfollows me for any reason then that’s fine I know some people have a clear out now and again !

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I’m respectful to follow people that follow me.
I like to follow interesting and fun people.
I may not want to jump in to bed with you but if I do then you’ll know and vice versa I hope.
Following can mean many things apart from the obvious I guess.

19 March 2015
I’ve got [checks] 7 people who follow me, four or five of who are regular posters. I know a few others have unfollowed after following me, and that’s cool, genuinely; I’d never want anyone following me, or continuing to follow, merely out of politeness. heh.
Exactly!
Why either follow, or continue to follow people - who don't interact with you in any way shape or form?
Why would anyone follow people who ignore posts, photos or threads? There's no point. As you say, purely out of politeness which is not good enough really, is it...
Follows for me are a way of ensuring that I don’t miss a post from someone that I like, or admire for their sensible and not so sensible posts!
If someone unfollows me for any reason then that’s fine I know some people have a clear out now and again !
Absolutely. We follow people to make sure we keep up to date with what they're doing and on top of their online content - be it of interest in a good way, or non-sensible posts.
We do it for a reason = interaction.
We have t removed anyone from our follow list during our time here, but wouldn’t be offended if anyone removed us, as we aren’t as active as we once were.
Ahh but you've had your very genuine reasons for doing so. :)
I like to follow interesting and fun people.
I may not want to jump in to bed with you but if I do then you’ll know and vice versa I hope.
Following can mean many things apart from the obvious I guess.

Being respectful is key I think. Why follow each other when there's simply no sexual attraction and no interaction? There is NO point in following oneanother if there is no interaction. It's a completely pointless exercise; which is why we will unfollow every so often.

If an account/accounts do not interact with us and as a rule of thumb, we only follow when we've met in person, then why bother in the first place? People we follow, gain access to our personal photos... so why do that when they're not prepared to engage?
I think it's a fruitless exercise. But that's just me. :D x

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
What a simple but obvious thing to do. I have just gone through our list and unfollowed those that we have no interaction with. So anyone we are now following can know that we are interested in them and what they have to say, even if we diont actually want to "meet" with some we still are interested in interacting with them. X G

19 March 2015
What a simple but obvious thing to do. I have just gone through our list and unfollowed those that we have no interaction with. So anyone we are now following can know that we are interested in them and what they have to say, even if we diont actually want to "meet" with some we still are interested in interacting with them. X G
Exactly.. but the fact remains the same in an opposite of what you've said too; if someone isn't interacting then you know they have no interest.. So best to unfollow. We can still, all of us, follow & interact with people who we may not be interested in meeting but happy to show interest otherwise in.
If not, there is literally no point in doing so. x

10 July 2018
Quoting this more as something upon which to hang my answer rather than a direct reply:

There’s also a… hesitation… on my part which has to do with me still not fully - even after years in this scene - being completely sure of the etiquette, when it comes to following, or even liking pics of people who are very much not looking for ‘people like me’ (by which I mean, geographically, or age, or ‘single M’.) On this site, certainly, I’ve never felt my liking pics, or commenting on them, is unwarranted. That’s not always been my experience in this scene, however.

Even in SocialSwinging though, I’m always wary about me following someone without asking. Asking publicly is almost daring the other person to say ‘no’; asking privately steps over the same ‘unsolicited’ line. (I know, I know, probably worrying over nothing, but even so, even so…)

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Quoting this more as something upon which to hang my answer rather than a direct reply:

There’s also a… hesitation… on my part which has to do with me still not fully - even after years in this scene - being completely sure of the etiquette, when it comes to following, or even liking pics of people who are very much not looking for ‘people like me’ (by which I mean, geographically, or age, or ‘single M’.) On this site, certainly, I’ve never felt my liking pics, or commenting on them, is unwarranted. That’s not always been my experience in this scene, however.

Even in SocialSwinging though, I’m always wary about me following someone without asking. Asking publicly is almost daring the other person to say ‘no’; asking privately steps over the same ‘unsolicited’ line. (I know, I know, probably worrying over nothing, but even so, even so…)
Being asked [to be followed] is, at times, awkward to me.
Like when we were in school, and someone would ask if they could kiss you. The vocal aspect would then kill the mood, and the answer would be either "no", or an awkward yes but with added pressure for our to be like the movies.
FB members occasionally have a cull, or purge, of so called friends. Why would this be any different?
People we follow have peaked our interest, whether physically, psychologically or whatever. But if there's no return , why invest? Just enjoy yourselves. XxRy

10 July 2018
Like when we were in school, and someone would ask if they could kiss you. The vocal aspect would then kill the mood, and the answer would be either "no", or an awkward yes but with added pressure for our to be like the movies.
Exactly!

Asking anything 1-2-1 in public is kind of… weird, and though it shouldn’t carry any pressure/baggage with it, sort of… does.

19 March 2015
FB members occasionally have a cull, or purge, of so called friends. Why would this be any different?
People we follow have peaked our interest, whether physically, psychologically or whatever. But if there's no return , why invest? Just enjoy yourselves. XxRy
Completely agreed. It can be a balancing act, definitely. x
Exactly!

Asking anything 1-2-1 in public is kind of… weird, and though it shouldn’t carry any pressure/baggage with it, sort of… does.
Yep agree too. Almost an indirect "but I have to now... don't I?" when you may not want to.
#PeerPressure

14 February 2017
City
London
Is it bad that I don't pay too close attention to the follow/unfollow?
I mean, yes I follow a number of people (and probably should follow more), but I don't consciously relate to people on basis of whether I follow them or not: If I tried I could probably find some people I interact with more (even though I don't follow) than some people I do follow.

19 March 2015
Is it bad that I don't pay too close attention to the follow/unfollow?
I mean, yes I follow a number of people (and probably should follow more), but I don't consciously relate to people on basis of whether I follow them or not: If I tried I could probably find some people I interact with more (even though I don't follow) than some people I do follow.
Following others, gives you alerts on their postings, their statuses and gains activity. It gathers interaction from other members to and with other members.
It's really important actually, for how the site works.
In addition to this, if you, like us, have private albums set accordingly - when you follow members, they gain access then to that media.
That's one reason for us, why we don't follow just anyone who pops online.
But yeah, it generates alerts and content feeds all around.

14 February 2017
City
London
Following others, gives you alerts on their postings, their statuses and gains activity. It gathers interaction from other members to and with other members.
It's really important actually, for how the site works.
In addition to this, if you, like us, have private albums set accordingly - when you follow members, they gain access then to that media.
That's one reason for us, why we don't follow just anyone who pops online.
But yeah, it generates alerts and content feeds all around.

I really need to pay more attention then: half the time I can either view an album (oblivious whether its private or not), or not view the profile at all and simply move on. And worst of all, I don't drop a "Hello, so..." message.