Homelessness during this pandemic.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

MyKinkyWorld

Handsome and Debonair
25 November 2017
It's a good question and I believe they (because we have no power unfortunately) haven't helped homeless people before, because Countries don't have a lot of resources so they have paid attention to other issues and other social classes. In my opinion a Country should try to help everyone, but I know It's quite difficult.

19 March 2015
It's a good question and I believe they (because we have no power unfortunately) haven't helped homeless people before, because Countries don't have a lot of resources so they have paid attention to other issues and other social classes. In my opinion a Country should try to help everyone, but I know It's quite difficult.
This is true. It’s a resources issue here too. Our local authority need to do more.
I’m saddened that it’s taken a pandemic to help the most vulnerable in our societies. ?

D

Deleted member 11852

I listen to a lot of talk shows on the radio through the night in the wagon and have listened to interviews with people living on the streets.. They actually said they feel safer on the street than in the night hostels supplied by local councils.. They said in the hostels you get attacked when your asleep and your possessions get stolen.. I think it's a bad situation in general.. W.. :(

11 November 2019
I agree with all the above..in Bristol though not all you see is not always the truth? There’s some who work with other.. of so called “homeless” gangs who get dropped off in the mornings and picked up in the afternoon by the head of the gang,who raked thousands of pounds,who are exploiting the genuine homeless people,most now offer to buy them food instead of money??which will sort out the real needy people,who are down on their luck??i think greggs do things you can buy for the needy❤️

24 November 2015
If I'm honest I feel it's because in normal times homelessness just sent seen as a priority, otherwise councils would be given the powers and funding to build more council houses.
Do you know on every council property list they have between 5 and 10 properties set aside for homeless people ,the police or local street angels can refer the people but its upto the homeless person to accept whether to take the property or not

19 March 2015
I agree with all the above..in Bristol though not all you see is not always the truth? There’s some who work with other.. of so called “homeless” gangs who get dropped off in the mornings and picked up in the afternoon by the head of the gang,who raked thousands of pounds,who are exploiting the genuine homeless people,most now offer to buy them food instead of money??which will sort out the real needy people,who are down on their luck??i think greggs do things you can buy for the needy❤
We have the exact issue here and it's become worse. Sadly migrants do it which means you can never be so certain of what's what. They're not the only ones who do it, but are the complete majority by a mile.

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I have been long term homeless twice in my life for different reasons and the way you are treated can be appalling and sometimes it can be touching. The latter usually by people who have been through it themselves. Help has always been there but getting access to help is extremely difficult when you literally have no money to travel and haven't eaten properly for weeks leaving you exhausted all the time.

To have gangs exploiting these facts is so reprehensible it should be a criminal offence but hey they are "only lazy homeless people so fuck em"

N xxx

9 January 2018
City
Norwich
Which way do you mean? As in if they had more votes to gain from it?

Exactly, the homeless, rough sleepers especially are too spread out to make any difference in an election. They can do it, we've proved that recently, and it doesn't even cost a lot of money in govt. terms. It's also not seen as a vote catcher with the general public I don't think. I hear all sorts demonising rough sleepers e.g.

"They are all foreigners and should go back"
"They are all druggies/alcoholics."

and the big one

"They don't want somewhere to live!"

I've talked to thousands of rough sleepers over the years and have only spoken to three who told me they were happy on the streets and wouldn't want a home.

Reactions: Dangerous690
9 January 2018
City
Norwich
Here's an intesting post from the CEO of St Martin's in Norwich

11 November 2019
Here's an intesting post from the CEO of St Martin's in Norwich

Empty promises! Trouble is we all except it year in and year out???

31 July 2020
The company I work for deals with various councils and some are better then others. In Scotland they are quite good they will put them in empty housing association properties but elsewhere it’s maybe a hotel if they are deemed vulnerable otherwise it’s fend for yourself. But many just don’t seem to want to be helped and do everything in their power to make it impossible to help them.

9 January 2018
City
Norwich
But many just don’t seem to want to be helped and do everything in their power to make it impossible to help them.

I've said elsewhere on the forum, over the lat 4 or 5 years I've met a lot of rough sleepers (well into 4 figures) and only 3 of those didn't want a place to live.

Reactions: Lips_Pearls