Is This Anyway To Behave???

• Thread starter Max-the-3rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
M

Max-the-3rd

how can this be acceptable and why do the Troys wonder why nobody votes for them north of the border.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I looked at this yesterday and my first reaction was, is this person still working in the commons?

M

Max-the-3rd

I looked at this yesterday and my first reaction was, is this person still working in the commons?
Yip, this was her maiden speech which she did apologise for sort off, she is the Mp for Cambridgeshire south I believe.

Reactions: Pearls
M

Max-the-3rd

This is racist no matter how you cut it, she needs to be booted out for sure x
Well this was back in June 2015 and she is still there. And the Tories still ask why nobody north of the border votes for them.

28 February 2017
City
Mansfield
I understand the heat that this clip produces. But, if I may. She stated a fact from history, Scots were transported as slaves by Cromwell's decree, and the West Lothian question posed by Tam Dalyell and given the phrase by Enoch Powell in 1977 is a serious question. The point for me is not a lame joke about Scottish people, but a lame joke about a serious point of issue.
Scottish people should surely rise above such humour, lame as it was, as I have heard worse lame jokes posed by Scottish Nationalists.

So do the people of Ireland Scotland and Wales have the right to make decisions about English Policies and Legislation when we have no say in theirs?

I ask that as a democrat, not as a nationalist, so please don't accuse me of racism.

M

Max-the-3rd

I understand the heat that this clip produces. But, if I may. She stated a fact from history, Scots were transported as slaves by Cromwell's decree, and the West Lothian question posed by Tam Dalyell and given the phrase by Enoch Powell in 1977 is a serious question. The point for me is not a lame joke about Scottish people, but a lame joke about a serious point of issue.
Scottish people should surely rise above such humour, lame as it was, as I have heard worse lame jokes posed by Scottish Nationalists.

So do the people of Ireland Scotland and Wales have the right to make decisions about English Policies and Legislation when we have no say in theirs?

I ask that as a democrat, not as a nationalist, so please don't accuse me of racism.
It dose not really mater what her point is or is not and if the Lothian question is a good one or not so good. I think it is quite obvious that to bring up history of the English defeating the Scottish in then killing thousands as they marched then south to be put into slavery is not the kind of thing a responsible Mp should be raising in parliament.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
It dose not really mater what her point is or is not and if the Lothian question is a good one or not so good. I think it is quite obvious that to bring up history of the English defeating the Scottish in then killing thousands as they marched then south to be put into slavery is not the kind of thing a responsible Mp should be raising in parliament.
I watched Rob Roy :(

28 February 2017
City
Mansfield
Unfortunately the whole point of Parliament is that this type of debate is allowed, expected, and leads to light not heat on a particular topic

M

Max-the-3rd

Unfortunately the whole point of Parliament is that this type of debate is allowed, expected, and leads to light not heat on a particular topic
That is not debate, that was her opening speech to parliament. A unprovoked and unnecessary dig at Scotland which she was made to apologist for. Please don't try and defend her.

28 February 2017
City
Mansfield
I am not defending her, but she has a legal prerogative to make such comments and the fact she apologised means she didn't think her speech through properly. She didn't in law have to apologise.

M

Max-the-3rd

why dose she have a legal right or privilege to make such comments? and you clearly are defending her. lol.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Guys come on Politics and religion leads to fall outs!
This is the forum for debates and discussions, as long as no flaming occurs, then it's fine. :) (y)
Please don't try and defend her.

What I will say however, is I don't see where @ashfieldguy is defending her actions aside from the initial first post.
As long as the debate remains healthy, then heated discussion is allowed - when flaming etc occurs then that's the time to draw the line of course. :) (y)

Reactions: The-Gent
M

Max-the-3rd

OK then @ashfieldguy just to clarify, are you arguing the she has a right to bring up the west Lothian question in her maiden speech? if yes then there is no argument as i agree with you she has a right to bring it up and as a Scottish man I would agree with you. if Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have a say in English politics then the English should be allowed a say in ours as long as we are part of the United Kingdom, however if you are say she has a legal right to bring up ancient history of the Scottish being starved, marched to death and sold to slavery in a mocking manor then I will have to disagree with you. It is more then foolish and anyone who thinks this is a acceptable thing to do should not be allowed anywhere near our modern houses of Parliament. Let face it, if as you say she cant think through your maiden speech correctly, maybe she should not be there.

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
No it isn't and if she made a racial remark she would have been sacked.