Members Search

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I rolled out a change earlier today - part of a forthcoming change, which extends the member location as shown in the thread. This is all part of adjusting the members search page that is coming.

If anyone's stuck on how to use it, please do let me know.
Searching locations for example is quite straightforward - just type in Liverpool for example and you will get results for all members based in Liverpool.
Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Good morning everyone.
I have been thinking through the night, as I do.. and rather than make another announcement or discussion, as this is of course very apt - I am going to use this thread to explain a bit more about the member search page, how to use it, what happened to it and why and what we will be doing in the future as this question has been asked before.

As with most searches in web design, ours is no different and uses queries from the database and then will show (yield) results based on that. So if I typed in or selected I am searching for a male female couple (Couple-MF) then the page will show exactly that. A couple male female. Same with all other options.
Additionally with this, you have location search - this is extremely accurate and will display all members based on your search terms (keywords). So if I typed in Liverpool, it will display all members who have elected to put their location down as Liverpool. Same for Manchester, Kansas US and HMP Broadmoor ;)
So this is highly accurate, same as couples, single gents, single ladies etc.. but completely dependant on the members making sure they added the correct information.

What's broken and why?
Well, recently I rolled out huge changes as you may remember but at the same time introduced a glitch on the page. The changes were adding transexual (TS), adding 'Interested in Meeting' and also adding Sexual Orientation/ Persuasion: such as 'Pansexual' or 'Bi-Sexual'.. These changes started in February and the glitch was discovered in March.

The glitch means that page 2 in the member search will load the members from A-Z instead of your search filters. It also means that searching things like Couple-MF who are also Bi-Sexual, will also not load fully on to page 2.
It's something we are acutely aware of and will be of course fixing.

However, fixing things on this scale will take a little time because of not only the time it takes to rebuild, but also development costs involved in redeveloping the search page. This bug is not something that can be fixed easily, so we need to redesign and rebuild a new member search engine completely.

Development on this scale is not only time consuming, but hugely expensive due to the nature of the development involved. But it will be done and as mentioned in yesterday's announcement with regards to location field expansion, I have been working on it for some time, but we need to rebuild an entire search engine. Both complex and very costly.

TLDR? ;

So to reiterate, introducing extra search tools recently such as Sexual Orientation, Interested in meeting etc while hugely beneficial - they also introduced a glitch which we discovered shortly afterwards.
As a result the page will need to be completely rebuilt and re-indexed, a both time consuming and very costly job indeed..
Remembering, it will still search results based on all searches, but only one line per time. Location searching will be the best way to search of course..
That said searching a couple male female and bisexual, works. So those two fields will get results (Using the site as a Lady/Gent or Couple etc?:Sexual Orientation/ Persuasion:)
I hope this helps explain things as clearly as possible and answers some questions relation to this.
Many thanks all!
(y)

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Good morning everyone.
I have been thinking through the night, as I do.. and rather than make another announcement or discussion, as this is of course very apt - I am going to use this thread to explain a bit more about the member search page, how to use it, what happened to it and why and what we will be doing in the future as this question has been asked before.

As with most searches in web design, ours is no different and uses queries from the database and then will show (yield) results based on that. So if I typed in or selected I am searching for a male female couple (Couple-MF) then the page will show exactly that. A couple male female. Same with all other options.
Additionally with this, you have location search - this is extremely accurate and will display all members based on your search terms (keywords). So if I typed in Liverpool, it will display all members who have elected to put their location down as Liverpool. Same for Manchester, Kansas US and HMP Broadmoor ;)
So this is highly accurate, same as couples, single gents, single ladies etc.. but completely dependant on the members making sure they added the correct information.

What's broken and why?
Well, recently I rolled out huge changes as you may remember but at the same time introduced a glitch on the page. The changes were adding transexual (TS), adding 'Interested in Meeting' and also adding Sexual Orientation/ Persuasion: such as 'Pansexual' or 'Bi-Sexual'.. These changes started in February and the glitch was discovered in March.

The glitch means that page 2 in the member search will load the members from A-Z instead of your search filters. It also means that searching things like Couple-MF who are also Bi-Sexual, will also not load fully on to page 2.
It's something we are acutely aware of and will be of course fixing.

However, fixing things on this scale will take a little time because of not only the time it takes to rebuild, but also development costs involved in redeveloping the search page. This bug is not something that can be fixed easily, so we need to redesign and rebuild a new member search engine completely.

Development on this scale is not only time consuming, but hugely expensive due to the nature of the development involved. But it will be done and as mentioned in yesterday's announcement with regards to location field expansion, I have been working on it for some time, but we need to rebuild an entire search engine. Both complex and very costly.

TLDR? ;

So to reiterate, introducing extra search tools recently such as Sexual Orientation, Interested in meeting etc while hugely beneficial - they also introduced a glitch which we discovered shortly afterwards.
As a result the page will need to be completely rebuilt and re-indexed, a both time consuming and very costly job indeed..
Remembering, it will still search results based on all searches, but only one line per time. Location searching will be the best way to search of course..
That said searching a couple male female and bisexual, works. So those two fields will get results (Using the site as a Lady/Gent or Couple etc?:Sexual Orientation/ Persuasion:)
I hope this helps explain things as clearly as possible and answers some questions relation to this.
Many thanks all!
(y)
That is one of the reason I like this site so much how refreshing it is that you're so open about stuff like this and don't just hide behide computing jargon.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
That is one of the reason I like this site so much how refreshing it is that you're so open about stuff like this and don't just hide behide computing jargon.
Thank you very much Mr LNF. We're transparent and as I have said many many times, not a fatcat sat in a chair taking money in (we're not taking any lol) and not caring - just a normal couple husband and wife trying to make a difference for our chosen lifestyle.
Thank you for the kind words.

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Now this might be me but when I search using the single field couples-MF it produces an alphabetical list which includes singles as well and shows that there are 1-19 pages. When I go on to page two it displays similar results but then shows that there are 1-127 pages. The location search works as expected but as you say it's only as good as the information put in. We would like the ability to search specifically for couples but as things stand unless we search through pages and pages of members we are reliant upon identifying couples in the forums or new ones as they come on line.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Now this might be me but when I search using the single field couples-MF it produces an alphabetical list which includes singles as well and shows that there are 1-19 pages.
When using the member search, if you select Couple-MF it will display couples only.

When I go on to page two it displays similar results but then shows that there are 1-127 pages.
This is part of the glitch that is the issue.
However, using logic - you are in Cheshire and probably won't wish to travel very far to meet someone in say for example Glasgow, Northern Ireland, London or say for example Cornwall.
So you'd search terms such as Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Warrington, St Helen's or Bolton for examples.
With that there are already several options wide open to you; couples as well as location. Location being the most likely avenue you will search.

As I said, introducing new features earlier this year introduce a bad glitch which affects the searching from page 2 onwards under specific queries. To rectify this means constructing a completely new search engine which is very costly and time consuming.
It will be done, but until then I highly recommend searching via location or 'Using the site as..'

Additionally I will add, that the new search engine/page when built and finished, will include a lot more searching options and queries, which will provide a more refined search too. :)

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
When using the member search, if you select Couple-MF it will display couples only.

This is part of the glitch that is the issue.
However, using logic - you are in Cheshire and probably won't wish to travel very far to meet someone in say for example Glasgow, Northern Ireland, London or say for example Cornwall.
So you'd search terms such as Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Warrington, St Helen's or Bolton for examples.
With that there are already several options wide open to you; couples as well as location. Location being the most likely avenue you will search.

As I said, introducing new features earlier this year introduce a bad glitch which affects the searching from page 2 onwards under specific queries. To rectify this means constructing a completely new search engine which is very costly and time consuming.
It will be done, but until then I highly recommend searching via location or 'Using the site as..'

Additionally I will add, that the new search engine/page when built and finished, will include a lot more searching options and queries, which will provide a more refined search too. :)
I get it now. ...doh! I was being a bit thick. ..searching for couples using the wrong field....that helps because it shows 40 pages ....far more manageable. Thank you xx

Reactions: Therapon
A

Adam

Just a point of intrest does anybody use the members search? If so how have you found it.☺

I have used it a couple of times. I like the fact that I can chat here and get to know people but when I go to the member search, and put in the London search there seem to only be around 10 members from London?

I did therefore wonder if it was something I was doing wrong, or if there weren't actually many members from London on the site which is also possible.

I haven't really tried any other search options there, so can't really comment any further :(

Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I have used it a couple of times. I like the fact that I can chat here and get to know people but when I go to the member search, and put in the London search there seem to only be around 10 members from London?

I did therefore wonder if it was something I was doing wrong, or if there weren't actually many members from London on the site which is also possible.

I haven't really tried any other search options there, so can't really comment any further :(
While we do have quite a few members from London and surrounding areas, we are still only 16 months old. That means we're still building up on our numbers. Additionally, it's heavily dependant on people putting down their correct location.
You'd be surprised at how many people put down say, Crew when in fact they're from London..
But we are getting there. :)

Reactions: Adam and Pearls
A

Adam

While we do have quite a few members from London and surrounding areas, we are still only 16 months old. That means we're still building up on our numbers. Additionally, it's heavily dependant on people putting down their correct location.
You'd be surprised at how many people put down say, Crew when in fact they're from London..
But we are getting there. :)

I didnt realise the site was only 16 months old - This further is something for you to be proud of as this site has achieved a huge amount in such a short time!

Well done and congrats! : )

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I didnt realise the site was only 16 months old - This further is something for you to be proud of as this site has achieved a huge amount in such a short time!

Well done and congrats! : )
Thank you very much.. :)
Yes it's remarkable how it has that old, decrepit, rusty, nostalgic and quaint smell about the place considering we're so young..
Guess the staff need washing :D
Onwards and upwards. (y)

M

meet_the_fockers

Thank you very much.. :)
Yes it's remarkable how it has that old, decrepit, rusty, nostalgic and quaint smell about the place considering we're so young..
Guess the staff need washing :D
Onwards and upwards. (y)
Cheeky shit.

Reactions: Admin and Pearls