• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Rip Atie

26 July 2016
Sadly over the holidays my beloved Atie sadly died. She was getting on a bit and showing signs of her age, face had a few cracks and wasn't as quick as she once was. I used to love pressing her buttons and turning her on listening to all the exquisite sounds she'd make. I don't know the reason for Aties sad demise, I put it down the last lot of updates, I'm pretty sure they sent her on her way to Silicon Heaven.

If you aint figured it out by now I'm talking about my old phone, a Motorola Atrix. It served me well this past 5 years. At times when I'd been in hospital for any length of time would keep me and the laptop online. Unfortunately as seems to be the case with most modern tech, it's wasn't built to last. So now I'm an unwilling upgradee, I'm not grumbling at the price, it didn't cost anything and still paying the same monthly. But my unlimited data is now capped, most the time thats not going to be an issue but long hospital stays could be a problem. I was definetely not impressed with the 0.9 gb swallowed up by the system upgrade it did as I was setting up the phone.

So I been a bit down about the old phone, excited at getting a new one and confused by the latest setup procedure.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Isn't gear lust a bugger..

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I love your passion for your old phone though. I think we all suffer things like that. Just get attached to our items really don't we. I know I do. I am in almost despair when a hard drive pops on me or something similar..

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
1 January 2017
City
Wrexham
my old Bmw is like that for me. It's sat in the garage waiting patiently to be fixed. The other thing I was wounded when it went was my old TV. I loved that TV.

Reactions: Pearls
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…