• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Starting Over

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
My question is this if you found yourself back at the start of your working life what career path would you take and would it be much different from the career you now have.

Myself I would take a completely different path and join the army as an intelligence officer once I had completed my degree.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
27 February 2017
City
Spalding
I don't think I would change anything as I wouldn't be who I am now and for all the lovely people I have met interesting question though

Reactions: Pearls

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I had two main options eons ago, the one I took was the technical path. The other was as a teacher in New Guinea but I don't regret my choice although I do sometimes wonder where I would be now had I taken the other option.
Having said that, would I change things, No. I'm happy where I am right now.

24 November 2015
I think id like to go back and be a mortician but then I would never have met such amazing people in r l or on here im happy with the way things are going in my life as of now x

MOTM

18 July 2015
Oh do i have to mention if I'm happy with the path I took

D

Deleted member 1030

If I could live my life over again, I'll be Keith Richards please

7 January 2017
City
Birmingham
What career path would I choose?
If I knew then what I know now, then I would have done something that would have kept me in work such as a mechanic, plumber or electrician.

Saying that, I would have liked to gone into something more sciencey, like meteorology, geology, ecology or something do with space.

7 January 2017
City
Birmingham
Bet you were a nightmare at careers interviews
You're joking! I told them from day one "I want to work with animals" - that's exactly what I said for 6 years during high school and A-levels.
They were the ones to day "have you thought about meteorology or hairdressing?"

And I'm like:

My interest in science has only come to fruition now as an adult.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1030

"have you thought about meteorology or hairdressing?"
Yeah, tbh, that kind of sums up my memories of careers interviews. I said I wanted to be an artist, they said "how about being a draughtsman?" I said no, an artist, a painter, an illustrator. "Er... There's admin jobs going at the DVLA", they said

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
D

Deleted member 1030

Yeah, tbh, that kind of sums up my memories of careers interviews. I said I wanted to be an artist, they said "how about being a draughtsman?" I said no, an artist, a painter, an illustrator. "Er... There's admin jobs going at the DVLA", they said
Actually, it was the DVLC then, but my point still stands

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Knowing what I know now I would have loved to have been doing my current job for longer. It's very interesting, geeky and challenging ..... a bit like me really...

Did I say I got another qualification last week? Didn't expect to be doing those at 52.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…