The Ratrace

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Asking this question to fellow members, as we find ourselves becoming more and more fed up of everyday life (rat race).
For over 30 years I have worked in management and got use to taking the job home. The same for Mrs Brum, events have dealt us a few bad hands over the last few years. Now we live to work and not work to live.
Recently I have been watching a few programmes about people changing direction and leaving the rat race. I now find myself wanting more and more to walk away from everything, pitch my little caravan in a field and just do odd jobs on the land to earn enough to live.
Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just getting old

27 February 2017
City
Spalding
I did it started my own business after working more that 100 hours a week... got up one morning and said no more I now have 60 staff and only work 28 hrs per week and some times less... my staff only work 36 hrs per week as I have a work life balance :tiphat:

Reactions: Brumcouple2013
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Like i said in the wish thread our dream is to live like Ben Law, wooden self sufficiant home in the forest and get away from the city life for good xx

Reactions: Therapon
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I would still want to work even if it was farming, I would never want to retire, not until I'm about 70 at least (y):D

M

Mrandmrsdkswing

Oh god we would love to sell ip find a bit of land and go for it. My dad did it and we watch all the programmes about it. Would love love it. Derek would love to scoot around his land in the buff.

M

Mrandmrsdkswing

Thought I'd pop thisthis to show you all the dream can be realScreenshot_2017-05-04-18-26-07.png

1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
I work 60 plus hours a week with some pretty early starts ( anything from 2am onwards ) would love to cut my hours by half but saying that it allows us to do a lot of the things we do...N

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
we have been watching the Tuscany programme on BBC2. I would move tomorrow to work in such a lovely place and get out of life what you put in. I did a few years ago want to own a camp site, anything to get working out doors.
Now I don't have a pot to piss in. Saving gone due to losing job and No1 daughter getting married. So stuck in the rat race

M

MickeyBlueBalls

I'll work until I'm in the ground, if my work doesn't put me in there first!!! I escaped the rat race a few years back and after the first 12 months I was climbing the walls with boredom. :)

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
I don't want to stop working, I couldn't cope just sitting around all day doing nothing.
It's just that now I am older my out look as changed and I don't value material things over quality of life.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I don't want to stop working, I couldn't cope just sitting around all day doing nothing.
It's just that now I am older my out look as changed and I don't value material things over quality of life.

I have retired but I don't sit around doing nothing. I do some gardening work and odd jobs, go fishing, walk the dog, moderate here, do photography, do voluntary work and lots of other things. I guess I may be fortunate not to have to work but I'm now doing what I want and like to do when I want to. Retirement is what you make of it. As I said up there ^^^^ I'm simply enjoying my life, yes money is tight but that doesn't bother me, I manage to get by and have a lot of fun along the way.

Reactions: Pearls
22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I got out of it last year. Best I ever did, I also live in a tiny village so it's extremely quiet. Wouldn't change it. X