• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Usless Facts!

7 November 2016
City
London
During the Falklands War in 1982 (I'm not that old, I wasn't there, but my dad was!) vastly outnumbered members of the Parachute Regiment sent a note to the garrison commander of the Argentinians offering that if they surrendered they'd be treated fairly. The Argentinians fell for it, and they surrendered to a force that was numerically far weaker than their own.

Reactions: Deleted member 1030

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I know. Things like this are of keen interest to me. Nonetheless thank you for the link.

This is precisely accurate.

Reactions: ScienceJ
7 November 2016
City
London
Thank you! I was 16 when Chernobyl happened and a keen physics nerd (still am a keen physics nerd, to be fair) and so the pictures of the idiot gurning for the camera in the link I'd sent are of yours truly. I wasn't allowed to take the camera inside the protective cordon though, sadly.

Reactions: Deleted member 1030

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Thank you for the share... So tragically brilliant.. Awful. I won't go too far into this, but despise what we have done.
Peace... All I can say.

7 November 2016
City
London
Thank you for the share... So tragically brilliant.. Awful. I won't go too far into this, but despise what we have done.
Peace... All I can say.

Agreed, although with regards to nuclear power, I remain convinced that it's a very safe form of energy generation: it was simply being tested beyond its design limits by the deputy chief engineer (Anatoly Dyatlov) on the night of the event.

There's an excellent BBC docudrama from some years ago about Valery Legasov, played by Adrian Edmondson (of all people) very well that deals with the immediate aftermath, and would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…