Weight loss

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
17 September 2020
I’ve lost over two stone in the last couple of months since Covid has gone and I could start playing football again. Still got another couple of stone to lose but happy with the progress. Need to lose the moobs asap though.

Attachments

• 36A45F79-C76E-4B6F-ACC7-97B9139B0BD3.jpeg
    36A45F79-C76E-4B6F-ACC7-97B9139B0BD3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
10 March 2015
Lost about 56lbs (4 stone) since end of November last year, cutting out carbs and sugar (mainly carbs) like white bread, pasta, potatoes, rice etc. it was a "must do", I was diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes, (and unfortunately also high cholesterol and high blood pressure) only had a 1 in 3 chance of making it through the next 10 years if I didnt get my shit in order. Research the "food pyramid" and then just turn it the other way up, and live your life that way.
Stay away from processed foods, (especially "ready" meals) they are rammed with sugar and salt, make stuff from scratch, batch cook and freeze meals in advance. Read labels of food, anything with higher than a 50% carb rate in the ingredients is bad (food ingredients are usually listed "per 100g") so bread for example might list as having 48g of carbs per 100g...simple to translate that as 48% carbs. Try to aim for below an average of 30% carbs across the day, or another way is to try to get below 130g of carbs per day, lower if possible. Make the majority of what you eat come from protein, dairy, and fats, also many green veg (broccoli, Kale, spinach etc) are great for you and low carb.
Find alternatives to common foods by researching "keto" recipes, you can make bread from other flours like almond etc, and you can make a passable pizza base from cauliflower believe it or not!

10 March 2015
I should also add....don't go too far in cutting out carbs, your body needs fuel, carbs are one of the sources of "ready" fuel, if you go too far and cut out carbs completely you will end up tired, and struggle after lunch, the answer is to research first and eat carbs that are more slowly broken down by the body (low glycemic index foods) and high in fibre (this also helps slowdown digestion and absorption of sugars). Yes, it is a lot of "faff"...but look at it this way, are you SERIOUS about loosing weight (or in my case, serious about wanting to live longer) ? Here's a statistic that should give some a wake-up call...over 50% of people who are overweight are also "pre-diabetic"...this means they are one step away from going into type 2 diabetes...the longer you are overweight, the more you are "turning off" the insulin receptors in the cells in your body, not for nothing are many doctors calling type 2 diabetes the "hidden epidemic".