5p Plastic Bag Charge in England - why are they going nuts about it? It's chaos!

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Well what a surprise
:D
Security tags have been put on baskets at a Tesco store in Oldham after a third of them were stolen in the week carrier bag charges were brought in.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Yes indeed... If we all believed the media, we'd believe that we are undated with super rats that are four foot long, and killer seagulls.
:p

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Yes indeed... If we all believed the media, we'd believe that we are undated with super rats that are four foot long, and killer seagulls
Not sure about the rats but the seagull item might be right, they have beady little eyes so they must be vicious :eek:

Reactions: Admin
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Good God what is it with the English?
Us Welsh folk have had bag charges for years now. yes initially pissed off, I mean - it's a carrier bag we pay for that through our goods surely?
But here in God's own country, (yes Wales :D ) it's generated £22 MILLION !!
And all for charity.

That's worth it.

But oh no, the shoppers and shops themselves in England, are crying out - there'll be mass confusion, people will lost tempers at the tills, people will be confused and don't know what to do..
Basically mass chaos throughout the country.

Confusion Over 'Complicated' Plastic Bag Law

Plastic bag charges in England: will there be 'chaos' at the shops?

it's not hard to digest my brethren - you shop, you need bags (as you left all your good ones at home tut) so you pay 5p for them.. Simples!

Now what REALLY pees me off, is the charge here in Wales is for plastic bags right?
So why is it, when you go to a McDonald's (rare here as we don't really believe in it) and they ask you when in the drive-thru if you want a bag for 5p. Great.. but these bags are recycled paper and available to BE recycled, so why do they charge when it's for plastic bags to increase recycling and reduce plastic waste/use.. Not PAPER bags that are 1, recycled and 2, can be recycled again.

What gives??
bastids! :p

Your thoughts guys? esp our friends across the water in England....
Scotland and NI have been doing this, like us too - for years. :)
This made us both roll about laughing :rofl:

Tut @Admin tarring all the English with the same brusho_O.

BNK
X

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
T

The_Bibas

Good God what is it with the English?
Us Welsh folk have had bag charges for years now. yes initially pissed off, I mean - it's a carrier bag we pay for that through our goods surely?
But here in God's own country, (yes Wales :D ) it's generated £22 MILLION !!
And all for charity.

That's worth it.

But oh no, the shoppers and shops themselves in England, are crying out - there'll be mass confusion, people will lost tempers at the tills, people will be confused and don't know what to do..
Basically mass chaos throughout the country.

Confusion Over 'Complicated' Plastic Bag Law

Plastic bag charges in England: will there be 'chaos' at the shops?

it's not hard to digest my brethren - you shop, you need bags (as you left all your good ones at home tut) so you pay 5p for them.. Simples!

Now what REALLY pees me off, is the charge here in Wales is for plastic bags right?
So why is it, when you go to a McDonald's (rare here as we don't really believe in it) and they ask you when in the drive-thru if you want a bag for 5p. Great.. but these bags are recycled paper and available to BE recycled, so why do they charge when it's for plastic bags to increase recycling and reduce plastic waste/use.. Not PAPER bags that are 1, recycled and 2, can be recycled again.

What gives??
bastids! :p

Your thoughts guys? esp our friends across the water in England....
Scotland and NI have been doing this, like us too - for years. :)
If you can't afford 5p then god help them..
Seriously though I do believe that supermarkets have a responsibility to ensure that plastic is reduced.... They need to go American and introduce non plastic bags.. Cloth...

XxxBibaxxX

Reactions: Therapon
M

meet_the_fockers

This is true... Dealing with some people on here, brought that out... You'd be amazed and perhaps slightly concerned about some of the situations we've had to deal with. o_O

And thats just dealing with me!! Ha
Morning dirty stop out! X

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
This is true... Dealing with some people on here, brought that out... You'd be amazed and perhaps slightly concerned about some of the situations we've had to deal with. o_O

You know living with a bi-polar person has calmed me down and made me more diplomatic. I used to get very defensive and would hot headedly defend my position with ill thought out remarks said in anger.
I try to be more calm with responses now, shouting and bawling doesn't have any winners cos everyone feels like shite afterwards. Negativity breeds negativity.

Positivity is much better for diffusing a situation whilst still being able to get your point across.

P.s I went to the local little Tescos yesterday for milk. I had no bags as it a last minute thought as I was driving past. The cashier told me that branch aren't selling 5p bags anymore, and I would have to buy a 10p bag for life.
Robbing Bastards!
The bag for life didn't even come with a lifetime guarantee o_O. Whos lifetime is 'The Bag For Life' described for? A mayflies?

B x

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
You know living with a bi-polar person has calmed me down and made me more diplomatic. I used to get very defensive and would hot headedly defend my position with ill thought out remarks said in anger.
I try to be more calm with responses now, shouting and bawling doesn't have any winners cos everyone feels like shite afterwards. Negativity breeds negativity.

Positivity is much better for diffusing a situation whilst still being able to get your point across.
I hear you...
Shouting, ranting and being hot headed - does not get anyone anywhere.
Negativity breeds negativity - it certainly does and it spreads like wildfire. Best approach is always be positive regardless.
Myself, obviously with the site and IRL too, I am diplomatic - unless I've had one too many, then I can be blunter than James himself.
But being able to be diplomatic and negotiate as best as you possibly can, is far from easy sometimes, especially given some circumstances, but something that has to be done - no question.

P.s I went to the local little Tescos yesterday for milk. I had no bags as it a last minute thought as I was driving past. The cashier told me that branch aren't selling 5p bags anymore, and I would have to buy a 10p bag for life.
Robbing Bastards!
The bag for life didn't even come with a lifetime guarantee o_O. Whos lifetime is 'The Bag For Life' described for? A mayflies?

B x
Aren't they just! I don't get it either. They say it all goes to charity, I doubt ALL of it does.... it's just another way to skim from the top IMHO. x

M

meet_the_fockers

Robbing Bastards!

B x
Would you like my job.. baldie? :D excellent. X

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I hear you...
Shouting, ranting and being hot headed - does not get anyone anywhere.
Negativity breeds negativity - it certainly does and it spreads like wildfire. Best approach is always be positive regardless.

Aye I see I'm talking to a Jedi Master albeit a slightly pervy one :yoda::D

unless I've had one too many, then I can be blunter than James himself.

I just get dafter after one too many and talk more shite than usual :rofl:

Aren't they just! I don't get it either. They say it all goes to charity, I doubt ALL of it does.... it's just another way to skim from the top IMHO. x

Hmmm yes I agree with you, and I agree with Bibas post above that the supermarkets should bear a bigger responsibility for their non-enviromentally friendly carrier bags. They produce them cos they're cheap and not only that the cost of making them is now covered by the consumer :confused:. The profit may go to charity but I'd bet my bottom dollar that the a portion of the 5p goes towards the cost of manufacturing the bags.

B x