A Welcoming Community

• Thread starter Deleted member 1030
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1030

One of the reasons that we love being on Social Swinging, on a personal level, is the very real sense of community that has built up over the past two years. The way that members help each other out, support each other and encourage each other is something that makes us smile on a regular basis. Not only that, but the way all members care about the site and its ethos and are very protective towards it. None of us want the site to fall victim to the lack of attention, poor moderation and general air of a lawless, wild-west frontier town that has befallen other sites. If newbies appear on here - either new to the scene or as refugees from other, less reputable sites - they are always welcomed and, if needed, given guidance on the way we do things. Not only by staff, but by trusted members and this adds to the sense of community and helps to make SS the special place that it is.

The only thing that we (as staff) would ask, is that members be aware on how their messages may come across. Not all newbies are immediately au fait with our expectations on avatars, usernames, profile info etc. and, quite rightly, need some pointers from those who are. However, please be careful that your comments don't put off any potentially wonderful new additions to the family, due to the fact that they may be perceived as rude or, god forbid, clique-y! We may know how it's intended, other long-standing members may know but poor "@wewantaunicorn" or "@MrBigCock" may feel it unwelcoming to get a message saying "crap avatar" or "can't you find a better name?" Please try to be a bit more encouraging with the advice.
The last thing we want is for newbies to think anyone on here is unfriendly.
That is simply not true :)

D

Deleted member 3411

For my part I always try to make them feel welcome and advise them. I hope that advice is well thought out and informative and if I do not think I can do that I will keep my mouth shut. I love the fact that this site is so friendly after all isn't that what swinging is supposed to be about? There has been a few occasions where newbies to the scene have joined and I've seen them tentatively step in and be delighted by this friendliness and stay and even progress on to have their first fun and swear it won't be their last. I've often wondered how many people thought about joining this activity have looked at the attitude on the other sites and walked away saying swingers are all nasty selfish people let's not do it....

M

meet_the_fockers

Of course i totally agree..
We where all new once.. remember??
Remember, how much angst you had before opening your mouth.. joining maybe wrting a thread..
Just please dont stop welcoming.. but please be mindful..
Some coments, dependant on the recipent can be quite hurtful... even though said in jest...
Hell i say all sorts the diffrence being, i am of course pretty well, known for my straight talking.. sarky attitude.
But i tred carefully around newbies, until they find their feet... :sneaky:

M

meet_the_fockers

Point taken, but a bit more thought & effort when thinking of a username would'nt go a miss in some cases, how would you feel to get a message from ( my cock down your throat ) especially if female and just joined, would be put off and maybe never to return
I couldnt agree more, but it is their choice, off putting maybe, advice maybe, but its unfortunately their mistake/choice to make.
One persons nectre is anothers poison.

Reactions: Therapon
26 July 2016
The last thing we want is for newbies to think anyone on here is unfriendly.
That is simply not true :)

Are you sure? cos I can be one of the meanest, nastiest, most unfriendly and grumpy old gits going even on a good day. But so far the only one of those traits to rear it's ugly head in the time I've been here is being grumpy.

Yes it is a very friendly and welcoming site, after all they did let me join, and I hope it continues that way for many years to come.

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
M

meet_the_fockers

Are you sure? cos I can be one of the meanest, nastiest, most unfriendly and grumpy old gits going even on a good day. But so far the only one of those traits to rear it's ugly head in the time I've been here is being grumpy.

Yes it is a very friendly and welcoming site, after all they did let me join, and I hope it continues that way for many years to come.
:whistle: grumpy.. I'll kick your ass.. :D

Reactions: Therapon
D

Deleted member 1030

@tricky-dicky you're about as mean and nasty as a fairground teddybear :D
@NigelandJulie ... I completely agree. My point was that some of these accounts' mistakes are the result of naivety, inexperience or even poor experience on other sites (of course, we do get the odd 'quick fuck merchant' but they don't tend to stick around long) and, on this site, we pride ourselves on our welcoming attitude.
Please, I don't want anyone thinking that this is a dig at any one person/couple on here and I'm not referring to any particular accounts.... Just a celebration of how lovely and fluffy this place can be :)

M

meet_the_fockers

@NigelandJulie ... I completely agree. My point was that some of these accounts' mistakes are the result of naivety, inexperience or even poor experience on other sites (of course, we do get the odd 'quick fuck merchant' but they don't tend to stick around long) and, on this site, we pride ourselves on our welcoming attitude.
Please, I don't want anyone thinking that this is a dig at any one person/couple on here and I'm not referring to any particular accounts.... Just a celebration of how lovely and fluffy this place can be :)
Fluffy.. oh yerz im very fluffy.. :sneaky: ommmm

26 July 2016

I'm afraid meanie you've only really seen one side of me, I do my best to be friendly, helpfull and generally a nice guy, I find life runs a lot smoother when you're nice to people. I can though only take so much agrivation from people who seem determined to piss me off, it's the main reason I turned down the admin job over on the other site.

I'm not sure I like being compared to a "fairground teddybear" always thought they where a bit cheap an nasty, an one thing I aint is cheap, quality merchandise here I'll have you know ;)

1 January 2017
City
Wrexham
as a newbie I have to say everyone has been spot on and has been fab with their advice. Most also seem to be on the same wavelength aswel. I have messaged a few folk and introduced myself as a newbie and the responses have been right on point. If it turned out I decided not to swing I would stay for the craic tbh. I hope one day I will be up to speed enough to r part good advice to the newbies.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I'm still new to SS in that I haven't really dipped my toes in the water yet having been significantly put off by a similar site.

I received a wonderful welcome though and when I come out of my shell I'm sure I will have fun!
I can personally assure you, that will not happen here and in the remote chance anything did? It would be dealt with swiftly and with a zero tolerance approach. x

Am glad you have received a warm welcome so far :)

M

meet_the_fockers

I can personally assure you, that will not happen here and in the remote chance anything did? It would be dealt with swiftly and with a zero tolerance approach. x

Am glad you have received a warm welcome so far :)
Batfink at your service m'lady x

Reactions: Pearls and Admin