Anyone Have Any Experience With Photography.

• Thread starter meet_the_fockers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
18 October 2016
I do the occasional published work (Motorsports, Fine art, Stock photos) but avoid weddings and the like as I hate shooting them. As others have said the old adage is that the best camera is the one you have on you. While a very high quality camera can help you take a better quality picture it can also lead you down a rabbit warren of settings and gear hunting.

If you are starting out I would always say keep it simple, learn your exposure triangle. The exposure triangle is three variables that control the light in your camera, once you have an understanding of how aperture, Shutter and Iso/asa effect your images and how they relate to each other you can start to worry about composition. On the simple route as well unless you specifically need a telephoto (zoom) lens I would start with one, fixed focal length (known as prime) lens. This will teach you to use your feet and imagination to frame your images and really start to make you look at where the light is coming from, what is in your background and where your subject is in relation to all that.

Once you have that sorted then maybe look at doing the odd wedding as a second photographer, don't forget you are doing this to capture the day for your client and personally I think the learning should be done long before you accept any work.

Gear wise I would say that both the entry level DSLR models from Nikon and Canon are very good quality and will get you started, try some out in a shop and see how they feel in your hands, personally Nikon feels more natural to me as I've shot with them for nearly 20 years but it's all down to personal taste imo.

Sorry that turned into a bit of an epic post there...

Reactions: MP386
M

meet_the_fockers

I do the occasional published work (Motorsports, Fine art, Stock photos) but avoid weddings and the like as I hate shooting them. As others have said the old adage is that the best camera is the one you have on you. While a very high quality camera can help you take a better quality picture it can also lead you down a rabbit warren of settings and gear hunting.

If you are starting out I would always say keep it simple, learn your exposure triangle. The exposure triangle is three variables that control the light in your camera, once you have an understanding of how aperture, Shutter and Iso/asa effect your images and how they relate to each other you can start to worry about composition. On the simple route as well unless you specifically need a telephoto (zoom) lens I would start with one, fixed focal length (known as prime) lens. This will teach you to use your feet and imagination to frame your images and really start to make you look at where the light is coming from, what is in your background and where your subject is in relation to all that.

Once you have that sorted then maybe look at doing the odd wedding as a second photographer, don't forget you are doing this to capture the day for your client and personally I think the learning should be done long before you accept any work.

Gear wise I would say that both the entry level DSLR models from Nikon and Canon are very good quality and will get you started, try some out in a shop and see how they feel in your hands, personally Nikon feels more natural to me as I've shot with them for nearly 20 years but it's all down to personal taste imo.

Thankyou.. yeah its something i enjoy.. im always looking at things re.. imagining photographing them etc.. and usually whip my phone out..
My interest has been.peaked..
Having taken a fair few pics lately.. at parties weddings.. and just objects in general.. which ive loved i have been asked on a couple occasions.. if id thought about taking it further and now i am.. thinking about it i mean :D
Thanks for posting... xx

M

meet_the_fockers

Can i send you a few pics via private message? X

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
18 October 2016
Thankyou.. yeah its something i enjoy.. im always looking at things re.. imagining photographing them etc.. and usually whip my phone out..
My interest has been.peaked..
Having taken a fair few pics lately.. at parties weddings.. and just objects in general.. which ive loved i have been asked on a couple occasions.. if id thought about taking it further and now i am.. thinking about it i mean :D
Thanks for posting... xx
Can i send you a few pics via private message? X

Sure thing

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
M

meet_the_fockers

Cheers ahh guess which numptie loaded them here? Uhu ill send tomorrow. X

F

Free-lover1

I've only used those throw away thinks so usually my photos end up in the bin with them lol. Sorry to be so unhelpful. Xx

M

meet_the_fockers

African nasty diseases are making me poorly and please feel free to abide and amuse:lol: xx
Ewww really.. eww spots n vermin.. oh crap.. i lived in africa until being about 3 or so they tell me?? Feck knows get outta town before the tetsie flys get between your toesssss :eek: :D

Reactions: Pearls