Avatars, Whats The Point These Days?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
26 July 2016
Many many years ago I started my adventures on the internet when Yahoo & MSN groups where in their prime avatars where often seen as a bit of fun and where often quite jokey. Some sites I remember only had cartoon style avatars they would let you select from a list they had. Others would let you post anything legal, some would be a little more restrained but no one really cared if you where not on the avatar pic.

Over the years various sites have restricted what is acceptable often citing copyright law, my first avatar here would fall foul of that, it being an image of the cartoon character Dick Dastardly. Fair do's there but as the more do's and don't that keep being applied I'm starting to question the point of having avatars.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
They are part of your "advert" and a good avi is eyecatching. How else do you try to stand out from others, lets face it how many people would bother to read your profile especially if all looked the same.

1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
I'm very tired, at first I thought you had said they were a window to your soul... Sinister.

That said when my avatar was a pair of pink wellies for a month I felt it was more connecting to my soul than a shot of my boobs :rofl:
Prefer your boobs :whistle: to your pink wellies :D...N x

Last edited:
26 July 2016
Having an avatar of you is a good way for other members to see you as is being photo verified its shows your you

But is it? That fur covered chin could belong to any one. Yes it is mine but having my self moderated else where I know for certain some close ups are 'borrowed'

They are part of your "advert" and a good avi is eyecatching. How else do you try to stand out from others, lets face it how many people would bother to read your profile especially if all looked the same.

True, buts as more and more do's and don'ts are being applied these days it's getting harder to as you say 'stand out' and a lot of the avatars are starting to look the same to me. Last night I submitted a pic as an avatar, I thought it was a little different it was a pic of me from the back driving a tractor only to be to told it's not 'swing-y' enough. Would it have got rejected if it where a sleek sports car or motor bike? a slight a side Porche used to make tractors Lambourghini still do. At this point I'm at a loss for some thing to post having archived all my 'swing-y' stuff onto CD and hidden it away. I'm thinking WTF do I submit, I got the webcam set up to do a pic for photo veri, do I give meanie the finger? no better not an he can't help being welsh an I do like his Missus so I settled on a boring fuzz covered chin.

Right off to the cafe for something to eat cos I get real grumpy when I'm hungry.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
The rules are there to try to protect the members by us doing what we can to determine the genuine swingers from the pic collectors, married guys pretending to be singles amongst others. Do you want this site to be like any other?
The rules are there for your protection as well and tbh they aren't that onorous but it's up to the individual to decide if they want to abide by them or not.

Reactions: Deleted member 3657
T

The_Bibas

Many many years ago I started my adventures on the internet when Yahoo & MSN groups where in their prime avatars where often seen as a bit of fun and where often quite jokey. Some sites I remember only had cartoon style avatars they would let you select from a list they had. Others would let you post anything legal, some would be a little more restrained but no one really cared if you where not on the avatar pic.

Over the years various sites have restricted what is acceptable often citing copyright law, my first avatar here would fall foul of that, it being an image of the cartoon character Dick Dastardly. Fair do's there but as the more do's and don't that keep being applied I'm starting to question the point of having avatars.
Hi hun.
I used to have a penelope pittstop one.. Help!.. Yes it was fun and a good way to break the ice too, however I get more idiots and wasters and look my cock people these days that a decent avatar is now essential.
On twitter I tend to find that behind every idiot avatar is an idiot and behind every fake one is a fake.. Every dick...
So in order to find a real person on a site looking for real people I think that the ant hill mob will agree that being a mutley is now an outdated approach.

XxxBibaxxX